So For A Career ...

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

$5000 and a trip to Canada? :shock:

You can get yourself a $1,800 Animation Mentor course instead. :rolleyes:

I plan on going to the Vancouver Film School in Canada. Yes, it's expensive but it's worth it. If that doesn't work out then maybe I’ll go to South Africa and take admissions in The Animation School for a diploma in 3D Animations.

But that's not necessarily my career aspiration; I've got better things to do than be an assitant managers, assistants, junior assistant. I'm doing CA right now (Chartered Accountancy) which is probably what I'll end up with. There is a lot of cash available for Chartered Accountants in the Middle East but I don't want to live a boring life, something exciting would be better.

The Rated R CMStar

I am. Luckily, I have very impressibe grades at school, so it won't be hard to apply for a scholarship. Florida and Houston are my top options, because in my mind, Booker's PWA, Harley Race's school and Team 3D's one are my top options.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I am. Luckily, I have very impressibe grades at school, so it won't be hard to apply for a scholarship. Florida and Houston are my top options, because in my mind, Booker's PWA, Harley Race's school and Team 3D's one are my top options.

Harley Race and Booker were two more I was looking in to.

Pat said:
I thought about the RoH school as well, but then again that's the US, and they don't have free healthcare or something like that. Injury=You're fucked.
I wouldn't go with ROH. Their school is yet to produce anything.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I will not lie, I've thought about it several times. But every time I get the gusto to do it, I realize that I'm out o shape and broke. Hopefully one day (soon of course), things will fall into place a little better.

Moonlight Drive

I wouldn't go with ROH. Their school is yet to produce anything.
I really didn't know of many schools, but Harley's or Bookers sound good, as I'm sure I'd hate Canada. But since I'm a tightarse I'll probably go with what's cheapest. :eek:

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I'm still thinking, TBH. I'm going to college to major in Film/Writing as a back up or full career, and pro-wrestling MIGHT become a priority. In Florida, FCW has a school, though I heard it's rigorous. I know The Dudleyz have a school somewhere in Ocala I think, and Dory Funk Jr. has a school down here as well. FIP I think also has a school, and I'm sure there's more. I know what I WILL do, though; go collegiate wrestling when I get into college. Perfect place to train in mat wrestling and takedowns.

LadyHotrod

I wouldn't mind being a manager, though it isn't my dream job.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm still thinking, TBH. I'm going to college to major in Film/Writing as a back up or full career, and pro-wrestling MIGHT become a priority. In Florida, FCW has a school, though I heard it's rigorous. I know The Dudleyz have a school somewhere in Ocala I think, and Dory Funk Jr. has a school down here as well. FIP I think also has a school, and I'm sure there's more. I know what I WILL do, though; go collegiate wrestling when I get into college. Perfect place to train in mat wrestling and takedowns.

I can't imagine the FIP school being any better than the ROH school, and as I said, nothing has ever come out of the ROH school.

Dory and Team 3D both sound like good options though.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I probably won't, but the door's still open a little. I really don't want to throw away all of the shit that I've worked for, especially for where I go to school and its rep. I want to do something in the medical field, and being a wrestler is never a good plan. And there's so many negatives to wrestling, it's ridiculous.
-No Health Insurance
-Low pay for the first couple of years (which totally depends on how much schooling is)
-Travel
-Risk of economic decline
-Being a small fish in a big pond.

And if you're not successful, what would it be worth? It's not a stable job. It's sad seeing guys like Abdullah the Butcher, Brutus Beefcake and the Iron Sheik still wrestling, because wrestling isn't that profitable. Especially when there's MMA now, and there's more of a chance for success, if you're good at it.

Reaction score
Well, if youre good at wresting, then why wouldn't there be more of a chance to boom in that too?

Im thinking of Storm's school. I wouldnt mind paying that much for training, and he is definetly someone to get recognized with.

humankiller99

Reaction score
well im working in music business so im getting my feet wet in my career job though I want to be an on air DJ or work in the msuic biz (im working in A&R and promotions at sirius)

Kizza

No, i've never thought of it really. I guess it would be pretty cool, but I couldn't stand all the stuff they go through. Being on the road, having to do all that learning and stuff, I wouldn't be up for it personally.

But I am thinking of either Journalism or Computing, with possibly a back thought of Photography :$.

Vandy316

Reaction score
ive thought about and so has my brother and a friend. but all 3 of us have said that we are gonna get a degree before we even try. all of us are great athletes, my friend is actually a really good wrestler and i can see him suceeding. but im gonna get a teaching degree before i go to a school. and im still only 16 so even the idea of me attempting it isnt concrete.