Smarkverse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
@The Fourth Wall if you want Moose to drop the belt at Destination X in January let me know.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I mean not a squash, but put him over clean, sure.

good bros too I think they were champs in January.
I kid, I actually like Moose. Unless he beats Josh Alexander at Rebellion. Then we got some things to talk about. :krillin2

Moose vs Roman does sound pretty good in my head, probably some other killer match-ups too I've not thought of yet.

Good Brothers were champs, yeah. People were starting to think they'd never drop them as well. They held on to them for a very long time. VBD won them.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I kid, I actually like Moose. Unless he beats Josh Alexander at Rebellion. Then we got some things to talk about. :krillin2

Moose vs Roman does sound pretty good in my head, probably some other killer match-ups too I've not thought of yet.

Good Brothers were champs, yeah. People were starting to think they'd never drop them as well. They held on to them for a very long time. VBD won them.
It’s funny I have a good chunk of impact form tag team division LOL

but yeah feel free to have a good Bros drop the belts to whoever you want to have them at DX

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It’s funny I have a good chunk of impact form tag team division LOL

but yeah feel free to have a good Bros drop the belts to whoever you want to have them at DX
We could do some VERY good Good Brothers tag matches with some of the teams I managed to nab. :garrett

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
potentially could have the first night ready tonight or sometime tomorrow morning.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
o_wzuc0CtWS3gxO_SE9PmxQyPFjFpng4PtZTwOiMN9sYhiNwQtehhS3tMgj4Yu07H7Db-2yjIcjm2SERQb1fQXwcpFguEg-Wa_FjN7vxlRbO-LzqRC4vHu3mkCNZuluHT05jfSD7

Night One (2nd January 2022)

00:00-00:04
hsgKL2gNZBIk_oL_5f_zUk7iF0-FMorwCyXjSRJ23awD8N3kzvaxjKIpevBNDoOrH5M_Pz9IhHNgT-M1eIGwNcu9O2KKKMiz360WhAuT0zs6-cXPZYjQSn4UbUh-nLGmyLv2d6LD

WrestleKingdom 16 would open up with introductions from the ever present Kevin Kelly as he would be joined for the very first time at the table by Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuiness.

Kevin Kelly: Welcome everyone to the Tokyo Dome where we play host to WrestleKingdom 16 - the first of a three night spectacular this year with Night One and Night Two taking place tonight and tomorrow, before we wait a whole week before Night Three that will take place as an NJPW World Special the following week. I am joined at the table by Maruo Ranallo and Nigel McGuinness for what I hope will be one of many great nights working the comms together.

Mauro Ranallo: The pleasure is all mine Kevin, I must admit getting to live in Japan and visiting this beautiful country whilst getting to work for one of the most prestigious promotions in the history of professional wrestling. All I can say is that this is quite the honour.

Nigel McGuinness: This isn’t my first rodeo and it certainly isn’t my first time in the Orient, as I got to spend some time down the road working for Pro Wrestling NOAH and can I just say how happy I am to be working for New Japan instead of those carney fucks without no class or decorum hence why barely any of their workers are ever on the radar Kenta Kobashi or Manami Toyota. One thing I am sure of, is that you two dickheads are lucky to have me.

Kevin Kelly: Well that is one way of putting it Nigel, tonight’s main-event is certainly going to be interesting as we see our World of Stardom Champion Utami Hayashishita defend her belt against not one, but two opponents in Britt Baker and Io Shirai. What are our thoughts ahead of this blockbuster match in the first main-event in NJPW that will be an all female affair?

Nigel McGuinness: I am going to be totally honest about this Gents. Britt Baker is a certified badass and if she has shown anything over the years is that her workrate is phenomenal to the point that she will remain active and fight those around her even whilst she is injured. For her commitment alone, I have to back her in this contest.

Mauro Ranallo: I am going to respectfully disagree with you there - because Io and Utami share one thing going into this contest. Language. And that means that can form temporary alliances at the drop of the hat and do so with verbal statements and actually call plays with Britt Baker having no idea what is being said. This is why I personally think that Britt is going to be at the biggest disadvantage coming into this contest.

Nigel McGuinness: But rather than trying to just say the exact opposite of what I said, who do you actually think wins this contest Mauro?

Mauro Ranallo: I honestly think the champion retains tonight. Hayashishita is no age at all at twentythree, but is already seen as one of the biggest names in women’s wrestling period and she could walk into any other promotion around the world and challenge for the belt. She has to be my pick going into this one.

Kevin Kelly: Well folks there you have it, that is what Nigel and Mauro think is going to happen. Do you agree or disagree with their points of view, why not go onto NJPWGlobal on Twitter and have your say on what you think is going to happen in tonight’s historic main-event. Up next, we have our very first match of the evening that will a four way contest between Tyler Bate, El Phantasmo, El Hijo del Vikingo and Dante Martin - with the winner of the contest earning themselves a shot at the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi on tomorrow’s show.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

00:04-00:16

1st Match: Dante Martin vs. El Phantasmo vs. El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Tyler Bate
BE0yK56Y8oPpoyqeID67HCNJPX_sU4aIqHR0e8wvLxTG8kfyG-GOXk7ncst_hIvCCk5oJgG11lbOqYa4pYKm63CX2r3rLifkjSzQ7miByLEpuqnszrwgDcZewcvF9aifR6jXJjQf

The opening match of WrestleKingdom 16 would be fast paced and with none of the four men holding anything back from each other, with the match feeling somewhere between a Cruiserweight match from the late 90s/early 00s to a match you might expect to see any given day in a Mexican wrestling promotion with luchadores left, right and centre. No one was worried about taking a heavy bump if it meant failing to execute a move or in some cases hitting an aerial move perfectly which would take place on a number of occasions. One of these moments would see Dante Martin gain extra height off the ropes in an attempt to nail ELP with a Springboard Cutter only Tyler Bate to catch Martin totally off guard with a perfectly executed European Uppercut. The explosive match would come to an end, with Martin and Bate battling outside the ropes whilst Vikingo would be being led around the ring by Phantasmo using a rope walk but it would be clear that Vikingo was playing possum slightly as he would spring onto the middle rope to gain height and nail ELP with a Super Hurricanrana that would send his man off the ropes as he would throw himself over Phantasmo to claim the pin-fall and the victory that came with it.

Winner: El Hijo del Vikingo

00:20-00:29

2nd Match: CHAOS (Rocky Romero, Orange Cassidy & Trent Beretta) (c) vs. La Faccion Ingobernables (Andrade, RUSH & Tetsuya Naito)
59_xzjqr_HMMNA_9XWPdMxivI_OVVxKtbtUYXa_JDACsWHJlyaL6TZ-wDODJL5Vv8cgXgg0NJ5ni8goXIKadD4wJrLhV1WoBHzeSSw-ct3_FN_a_btNQEweAZPb0E0Ski-jQSDbF

The second contest of the night certainly had a large portion of the audience hyped which wasn’t surprising considering the fact that Andrade, RUSH and Naito all came down to the ring as a complete unit and it was clear that this was a faction that the fans in attendance were clearly excited about with numerous scarfs and banners littering the Tokyo Dome showing their appreciation for La Faccion Ingobernables. The match would be interesting, although it would be evidently clear early on that as the current champions that CHAOS were under a lot of pressure from LFI. The match would come to a conclusion when Orange Cassidy would connect with the Orange Punch on Naito, who would just look confused as if nothing had even happened before running towards the ropes and coming from behind Cassidy to nail him with Destino and bring an end to the contest and crown LFI as the new champions.

Winners: La Faccion Ingobernables (Tetsuya Naito, Andrade & RUSH)

00:33-00:36
mDmwd4z3TiQeF9UIKrnwQYVkltrVhFfKK5UuxGuH5c2UB0_LX_4vcSUMA2iwhWFNv9TLAKKMRgKYyx_UfQ8evId5jGVclXFD2KHV8oKugOAEOQLfHOs3WdFWcjJjMII_C2G8Mw1n

We return to the commentary desk, after two great matches to begin proceedings for what is set to be two nights in a row of intense action in the Tokyo Dome.

Kevin Kelly: This show is already proving to be a night to remember, with one match now confirmed for tomorrow night with El Hijo del Vikingo now booked to face reigning champion Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. I am certain of one thing, and that is both men will put on a great performance tomorrow tonight and continue to deliver some of the best wrestling action available anywhere in the world. Up next though, we will see a legend in Keiji Mutoh take on Toru Yano with the aim of one of them becoming our first KOPW Provisional Trophy holder of 2022.

Nigel McGuinness: All I can say on this matter is that I hope that Keiji absolutely destroys Toru Yano tonight. Mutoh is a six time world champion across the three biggest promotions in Japan, not to mention he was the winner of the 1995 G1 Climax. A year in which the likes of Ric Flair, Shinya Hashimoto and Hiroyoshi Tenzan featured in the tournament. On the other side of the coin you have Toru Yano, a perpetual loser who really has no place in New Japan.

Mauro Ranallo: Those are some harsh comments there Nigel. Toru might not be in the same league as Keiji, but he has certainly proved himself capable of claiming big wins to his name when it matters.

Nigel McGuinness: When I look at a wrestler, the first thing I take into consideration is his or her consistency at performing at the highest level in this sport. Fluke wins do not make you a threat, and we all know that if I was medically cleared and able to compete I would pulverise Yano in five minutes flat. This contest only goes one way.

Kevin Kelly: Say what you will, but I know I won’t be the only person in the Tokyo Dome rooting for Toru tonight. I will have his back tonight and hope he comes through and becomes our first KOPW Provisional Champion of 2022.

00:39-00:54

3rd Match: Keiji Mutoh vs. Toru Yano
jMNyehuZYNgKj5r9gApceus8DtJ-0M6g4bNaGOrDfTdx5z1tQlrE5AKDKBX4Jry_tBo3ZS03VPeXBxjigJQP7BdkItf2rRZ1Q0YZ8hQi8xvV2SdfpcN1e1nvYMjjC1zC7q_QHHoD

With both men attached to each other with a Dog Collar around their necks and a thick steel chain connecting both collars a match of this nature was only ever going to go in one direction. Brutality. Which clearly was the tune that Mutoh was playing to as he showed no intention of holding anything back as he would utilise the steel chain like a true combat veteran and would attempt to choke Yano out with it at every opportunity that presented itself would add a comedy element to the match rely on his crotch of handcuffs and on one occasion would actually cuff Keiji to the bottom rope as he would apply quit the beatdown only for Mutoh to his strength despite his away by snapping the cuffs with pure strength alone. The match would end with Mutoh locking Yano in the Mutoh Lock but using the length of the steel chain to add extra pressure to the hold leaving Yano no choice but to tap out just as he was on the verge of passing out. This would make Keiji the first provisional KOPW trophy holder of the new year.

Winner: Keiji Mutoh

00:57-01:15

4th Match: Black Desire (Starlight Kid & Momo Watanbe) (c) vs. Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa)
h21DdF9Wqyuc2_P1FjB_tNfeYdgS16scodsZ5t4kz5vgN5WqfufYqyYSQKKaajHNR1nf3bGtaYLCDhu9TOvg_VLhcIxkpONfnljcP9fdyWqdUwMqG357kP2RHtTsi5euUX9Rdbz8

As Black Desire and the Cosmic Angels took each other for the Goddess of Stardom Championships, it would be the first time in NJPW that a woman’s title would be on the line during a WrestleKingdom show and so it would always go down in the history books as the first of its kind. All four stars of the Joshi scene would put on a high speed contest, with it clear that they all were very proud of the opportunity they had been provided with and would all have memorable moments to impress the Tokyo fans. An almost moment in the match would see SLK nail Shirakawa with the Rounding Moonsault into a Frog Splash only for Nakano to pull her partner out of the ring by her ankles to prevent her from succumbing to a pin-count. The match would reach its conclusion with Nakano nailing Watanabe with the Violet Shoot - although Nakano would have missed the blinded tag made by SLK. SLK would sneak up behind Nakano and spin her on her access and nail her with the Shiranui before rolling Tam over for the three count and see the Goddess of Stardom Championships change hands with Black Desire enjoying a historic victory with new title belts to show off at the same time.

Winners: Black Desire (Starlight Kid & Momo Watanbe)

01:18-01:21
mDmwd4z3TiQeF9UIKrnwQYVkltrVhFfKK5UuxGuH5c2UB0_LX_4vcSUMA2iwhWFNv9TLAKKMRgKYyx_UfQ8evId5jGVclXFD2KHV8oKugOAEOQLfHOs3WdFWcjJjMII_C2G8Mw1n

We returned to the commentary table after a ten minute intermission in which the ring had been cleaned and sanitised as following Japanese covid protocols.

Kevin Kelly: We have three matches left this evening gentlemen, with our first being a number one contender’s match between DIY and the Authors of Pains with the winner of this contest set to face the Young Bucks in tomorrow night’s Co-Main Event for the IWGP Tag Team Championships. What are our thoughts on this matchup?

Mauro Ranallo: One thing I know for sure is that I am incredible invested in the fact that that the Authors of Pain have returned to pro wrestling after some time away from the sport and I feel that these two incredibly meaty men will bring something different back to tag team wrestling and certainly have nothing in common with any of the other teams in the division. Even if they don’t win the match tonight, I am certainly looking forward to what Akam and Rezar will bring to table. Nigel?

Nigel McGuinness: I am going to have to disagree with everything you just said Mauro. Akam and Rezar are nothing but glorified security guards, that with a lucky roll of the dice somehow became wrestlers, and I call them wrestlers straight because there is certainly nothing professional about the two of them. In my opinion they both absolutely suck.

Kevin Kelly: So I am guessing that therefore you are backing DIY to win this contest then?

Nigel McGuinnness: Without any doubt. Gargano and Ciampa were a phenomenal team in the past, and have proven themselves in recent years as being just as dangerous on their own. Now they are back together, the rest of the division better watch out. I know for certain that Matt and Nick Jackson will be watching on the monitors in the back tonight and taking notes.

Mauro Ranallo: And on the off chance that AOP do win?

Nigel McGuinness: Well then the Young Bucks are going to have one of the easiest defences of their careers against a couple of out of shape bums.

Kevin Kelly: Well no matter which way this goes, I have every confidence that it is going to take us up another gear of what is already proving to be a great first night of this WrestleKingdom opening weekend.

01:27-01:53

5th Match: DIY (Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano) vs. Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) w/ Paul Ellering
8aWu5CzwWh2-EFbxmu2DwVpIyr4viGeSSJmoJ9b2Bl7TjaKYAKLVdrUTJJqNlQ19R5bYLznJ8Y6R-eqtbBqkzC22c1lVk_chjQyJr2ZnynCuc4WNaOHZctZrWV6BBMzbk32RPk2G

Both teams would come to the match with two very different styles to the ring, with Ciampa and Gargano bringing fast tags and high impact moves whilst Akam and Rezar were all about using brute force and using their heavyset physiques to do as much damage as possible to their respective counterparts. AOP had an added bonus of having Paul Ellering in their corner with the experienced manager whispering into their ears and guiding them and shouting instructions at key moments during the contest. One of these key moments would take place whilst Gargano was leaving up the ring apron catching his breath, and was unable to come to his partner's aid as Akam and Rezar would nail Cimpa with their signature double team The Last Chapter (Russian Legsweep/Lariat combo). However, match official Marty Asami would make it clear that he wasn’t going to make the count having seen the tag team move in front of his very eyes. This would throw Ellering over the edge, as he would leap onto the ring apron and start shouting at Asami which would result in Paul getting ejected from the match.

The match would prove to be much better than previously expected, and would end up breaking the twenty minute mark with many surprised at the stamina and level of fitness that Akam and Rezar had brought to the match. However, like all good things eventually they come to an end and in a war of attrition the AOP were really starting to look sluggish and show signs of fatigue. Ciampa would have run around the ring and ripped Rezar off the ring apron, before with all his force slamming him head first into the ring post before sliding into the ring as he and Gargano would pulverise Akam with the Meeting in the Middle (Running Knee Smash/Superkick combo) whilst Asami had exited the ring to check on Rezar. Upon his return, Johnny had locked his man in the Gargano Escape and very soon he would be tapping out with DIY claiming an important win.

Following the victory, the reigning tag team the Young Bucks would slowly make their way out from the back much to the excitement of the fans. With the two teams having an intense staredown both in the knowledge they would be facing each other tomorrow night with the IWGP Tag Team Championships on the line.

Winners: DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa)

01:56-02:01
S9Uf1VNTFHWLEaNQdKFr3kHiV1yrY1bWwyWkW8s6WgigoilJKFC4v9CsFBV16jCySdRorjApD2GryeQ_tDPybFnjyUNjvE-M15eFZSL_I_Yt5Gh9y__yCaDIh_wyx0zO0wj0lx2u

Prior to his match with Will Ospreay, John Cena would feature in a recorded video package to help put himself over and add extra hype ahead of their match.

John Cena: The question everyone has been asking me is why? Why has John Cena decided to leave the comforts of the United States at the age of 44 and apply his craft in Japan? The real question that people should be asking is why not? I am a sixteen time world champion, and with that comes a certain level of clout and respect - but honestly I have achieved everything that I can in America and now it is time for a new challenge and for me to find new opponents to prove myself against and I can’t think of anywhere better to do it than right here at New Japan Pro Wrestling.

John Cena has a very serious look on his face and it is clear that this is not the gimmicky Hustle Loyalty and Respect version of Cena that a lot of people had grown to love or hate. This was a much more more real version of the man, and not so much kayfabe.

John Cena: I intend to lay down roots in Japan and in order to create a strong foundation I need to be able to wrestle the very best that company has to offer so I can establish a legacy in Japan that everyone is going to remember. In order to be the best you need to be the best, and that means that I need to line up every single person in this company and take them out one by one. And it just so happens that tonight I make my debut against Will Ospreay with the chance of becoming an NJPW champion during one of the most prestigious pay per view in history. WrestleKingdom. Tonight is the night that the fans in the Tokyo Dome will be introduced to my higher form - Big Match John Cena. Tonight there will be no Attitude Adjustments, because tonight will be the night I introduce Ospreay and the rest of the world to the F-U.

02:01-02:04
hsgKL2gNZBIk_oL_5f_zUk7iF0-FMorwCyXjSRJ23awD8N3kzvaxjKIpevBNDoOrH5M_Pz9IhHNgT-M1eIGwNcu9O2KKKMiz360WhAuT0zs6-cXPZYjQSn4UbUh-nLGmyLv2d6LD

Mauro Ranallo: Can I just say ahead of our night’s Co-Main Event, that I am really glad that I get to witness this match first hand at ringside. Whether you are a fan of John Cena or not, this is a massive moment in wrestling history and just imagine if - using his own words, Big Match John Cena were to become the IWGP Intercontinental Champion on his debut! It would send ripples through the entire industry and certainly put everyone else on notice.

Nigel McGuinness: And if he loses? Then we have just another washed out veteran that should have stayed in Hollywood rather than try to reinvent themselves and only look foolish instead. I wish John the best of luck, but I really feel he is biting off more than he can chew.

Kevin Kelly: But surely you are looking forward to this contest?

Nigel McGuinness: Well of course I am Kevin, only an idiot wouldn’t want to see John Cena take on Will Ospreay. I just feel that Cena is making his debut in dangerous waters and Ospreay is a shark and there is nothing he isn’t willing to do to retain his strap.

Mauro Ranallo: I actually don’t disagree with you there. Will despite the vast gap of experience between both men actually has to be the favourite in this contest, and I think if you are betting man it would be silly not to put money down on Will. However, Cena is a sixteen time world champion and so the same stroke should not be discounted.

Kevin Kelly: Well it seems that my two new colleagues at the desk are actually in agreement for the first time tonight. I think I am going to go against the grain though, because I think that John Cena is fully motivated to open his NJPW with a win to his name and so that is exactly what he is going to do.

02:08-02:33

Co-Main Event: Will Ospreay (c) vs. John Cena
NJvYwkvzQyyu6me4h8xMkMnHlRnxqFYSZM0nKchiCkX03aCvSlLbq1qWyFRkNnyISqXlZU33A4cMPRewkJf7mHavo1dugC0gTBdXHP0cfzc4RM4kjd82mUE0R7gif8PrtLj_OoC0

The intensity between both men could be felt as soon as the match bell rang and it was clear that Ospreay was not taking Cena lightly and was very much aware that this was an opponent who was not going to give up without a fight. Cena would almost claim an early shock win as he would take Will up onto his shoulders and lay him out with the F-U, with Red Shoes only not making the count because Will’s leg had broken the rope barrier and so he was unable to make the count. Cena would be very respectful to Red Shoes, although it was clear that the enforcement of the rules had left him frustrated.

The early finish would certainly set the tone for the rest of the match, with Will realising he needed to take a leaf out of Cena's book and both men would try to finish the contest as quick as possible that would turn the match into an explosive affair. With high impact moves being followed by pin-fall attempts time and time again. With Cena pulling out moves like the Protobomb and the Lightning Fist out of his locker, whilst Will would rely on some of his favourites including the OsCutter and Stun Dog Millionaire - but both men would show their resiliency and break each pin attempt proving their worth not only to each other, but the completely captivated Tokyo Dome audience.

The match would see a distinct advantage take place when Bea Priestley would come out from the back and attempt to slide a chair into the ring for her longtime boyfriend Will. But Red Shoes wasn’t having any of it, as he would grab hold of the chair and proceed to remove it from the ring. Whilst he was doing this Priestley would instead take something from her pocket that looked like a pair of brass knuckles and toss them to Will without Red Shoes noticing. As Will would put them on and suckerpunch Cena in the side of the said, before tossing away the foreign object and taking hold of Cena and lifting him up and nailing him with the Storm Breaker to follow it up the pin-fall to earn the one, two, three and once again retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship in the process.

Winner: Will Ospreay

02:33-02:36
With Ospreay slowly getting back to his feet and Bea Priestley entering the ring and checking if he was alright, Jeff Cobb and Chris Dickinson would emerge from the back with the pair both wearing United Empire insignia on their gear with it becoming apparent that the ‘Dirty Daddy’ was the newest member of the unit, but instead of congratulating John instead the pair would start to kick the crap out of the already beaten Cena before Dickinson would get down onto the floor and lock in the Figure-four leglock as Cobb would continue to stomp down on Cena. Will Ospreay would look on with a massive grin on his face, as he would say something to Cobb who would proceed to drag Cena up to his feet and wipe him out with the Tour of the Islands. After the trio of men, Priestley would stand in the ring with Ospreay posing with the championship belt, much to the displeasure of the fans.

02:42-3:17

Main Event: Utami Hayashishita (c) vs. Britt Baker vs. Io Shirai
ghRZu6-Tz4vrHjRQgpAizFr3IoaFO9lCX0AUVP47KRdo77JmLvemtzhdYs7ivLFMsxtF8451x0IoKXfSC3uuT_ity7nO-HIsh2mfPCXlowEHO4dKGXGAI5eXcahT9wWoJ77G56fh

The final match of the evening would certainly prove to be one worth waiting for as all three participants brought a certain level of fire to the match that really allowed for the heat of the match to be pushed up another level. It would also be the first time in the entire history of WrestleKingdom that a three way match had featured as the final match of the event. It was clear that this extra dimension was adding another layer to WrestleKingdom lore that had never been written previously. From the start of the match Io and Utami would exchange words and bump fists in the match before making their way towards Britt only for Shirai to have a manic smile on her face as her deception would be revealed as she would club the champion in the back with the Polish Hammer before herself and Britt would between them kick the crap out of the reigning World of Stardom Champion before picking Hayashishita up and tossing her through the ropes and ejecting her from the ring.

An alliance in the contest would be short lived though, as the middle portion of the match would see a to and froing of what almost seemed like three singles match taking place at the same time, with the third wheel either taking a rest outside of the ring or being removed from it by their opponents as soon as possible - which despite everyone knowing that one of them would have to be elimination first, all three women seemed to realise that there was no advantage to anyone being eliminated in the early stages more so because it would put them under more pressure for the rest of the contest. During one of these particular moments Britt had nailed Io Shirai with the Baker Buster before dropping down to the mat with the intention of locking her foe in the Lockjaw only for Hayashishita to smash into both women with a baseball slide to break up the submission manoeuvre.

The first elimination of the match would take place just after it was announced that the twenty minute mark in the match had been reached. It would begin with Baker and Shirai battling it out on the turnbuckle with Shirai launching the pair off the corner with a perfectly executed Spanish Fly. Before Io could capitalise though, Utami would springboard off the ropes and connect with Io knocking her out of the ring with a Diving Dropkick before lifting Baker up and spiking her down onto the mat with Argentine Powerbomb before dropping down for the cover and eliminating Britt from the contest.

With the match now just being between Utami and Io - there was certainly a different sense of urgency between both women especially without an extra combustible element no longer involved in the contest with the level of violence only rising as there would be a point where the pair would begin going chop for chop in the middle of the ring before Shirai would change the rules by driving a stiff forearm straight into Utami’s face that would crash into her nose causing it to splat with blood going everywhere. Io though would show no mercy as she would double the dose by smashing Utami in the face with a second shot in the exact same place before irish whipping Hayashishita only to throw her up into the air on her return to hit the Flapjack, but rather than go for the cover Shirai would mount the turnbuckle and launch off and land on top of Utami with the Moonsault and in the blink of an eye Barb Sasaki would make the three count and Io Shirai would become the new World of Stardom Champion.

Winner: Io Shirai

03:20-3:23
udZLUFudmmbPbscnkJSqMKGRFLuUq07_cRWYAgfXx8KGJkfrp2OdiWCy5L8-faLKNUBvPyT-MYV-bPTcHVVZxwaK8nvnfuoq7KnkHrZaRvApBXPHC1gReUxQ16zjmQWP626OGXlP

Following her victory and some short celebrations, in NJPW tradition Io Shirai would request a microphone and cut a promo in Japanese following her victory which would be subtitled for the English speakers to understand.

Io Shirai: Did you see what I just did,Tokyo? Did you see what I just did?

Io raises the World of Stardom Championship up into the air and has a massive smile on her face, as she carries on speaking.

Io Shirai: Realise! Realise! Realise that the Queen is back in Japan and that New Japan is her new Queendom! If tonight’s performance is anything to go by, you all know just how far I am willing to go to get the job done. There is nothing a Queen isn’t willing to do to complete her quest of proving herself week in and week out as the very best women in the world. I am the best in the world and all challengers will be sent to the same place - six feet under.

Io would then drop the microphone, as she would raise the World of Stardom Championship up into the air, as the first night of WrestleKingdom 16 would reach its conclusion.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man main evented women in the Tokyo Dome for his first show :WOW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Man main evented women in the Tokyo Dome for his first show :WOW
When I say I see the the women's world title on equal grounds as the mens , I damn well mean it!

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hope ppl.enjoy the story n praise juice for the actual hard work n filling in the blanks n graphics. If you enjoyed n1 i hope you enjoy n2. Feel free to put in some feedback on the match choices n winners etc I'm always happy to listen to that stuff to see what's resonating with folks n what's not

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NJPW-Wrestle-Kingdom-16.jpg

NJPW: WrestleKingdom 16 - Night Two (3rd January 2022) Preview

The second night of WrestleKingdom 16 features seven more matches taking place in the Tokyo Dome with a total five championship matches featuring on the card.

Main Event: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman
dTmFOZKVR1GcA5urg64L7TGCUkIfGH1WFhIxrmhRIOcxTFjY0MN4VuNuDRGIK4j_Y-esaE3etR3tcNXaNnmIKp1tO1bkG-FQjtkbIxEzgDLxUlCublC5wdJldg9-5GxTT6U6gW8U

The Rainmaker takes on the Beast Incarnate in what will certainly be seen as a match of the ages. Okada, a five time IWGP Heavyweight Championship takes on a man who never lost the belt sixteen years ago and makes his first appearance in an NJPW ring since being stripped of the belt all those years ago. Brock has been given sixty minutes to defeat Okada, with the question does Brock even need that long to claim the prize?

6th Match: The Young Bucks (c) vs. DIY (Ciampa & Gargano)
KuJ9FSStjgu08vIHupQPzXA2gDQRRfovMTko-nVxLRLpSwRba8z9BHzf7-N4HcZzjLBgvAaOdTR6jRt24bCndlXII1LZeeOqpYw1cbkUlllJZMO5ohNgM6mRDH-deGfugCm05pBa

5th Match: Brody King vs. Tomohiro Ishii (c)
_PNm4IRB0tSW6A3flCRsCrhROPH5Q2o1aYwHYffb8OTfYDxRY2OoqT5NDbOGw5LudmtV-a1sK0KFXBKk8e4xn20AGvGxoTFQyHJQhE9hyml9HNRO4BBid-sysdC0M7czZgg4rzFQ

4th Match: Riho (c) vs. Candice LeRae
d-TyN-Qt1ok437tzRAJwOpXX7mNuzBK__U1D30BEYTl5AUoyrSJzesYwyjX_Zh2NozgTmjPP67r0rRGlx4USZeikzhf3Zx5b6vUhdIO029VlF1muA4stBsUUWOORy9XRtO219eD7

3rd Match: Mayu Iwatani vs. Serena Deeb
JpVREPzv9YUuNYepw5bTnJPGLBpEPX4s9viaG7mFJbPk_mWWggQbTG3YyB7NgcuVNu1v9Emb3fqDPRdEBbbPHczgxnNf5lu-cBadu0zOtxrEqLsIHsOi3bi3H__cwlVbT26p0Zom

2nd Match: El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Hiromu Takahashi (c)
uIVTMYY-MMjfNIXxchnIhXZGYzb2euF_yIjKd-8fmIAzNSDTp8TtQ2mcIXbxEMJFs4yh4thNDEHjTiyCMVKFLIvPF9w1d45_hS_7xOdzULScUNVEU7B9zCugKQlvaqSVaN9KBltC

1st Match: MJF vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
a3gt2zaZzk5gFwE3GZ9PNR8YhrCNEr4a4fVDkWYFJQCab_IoUF-b8cWB5h2GLPblQaVXeh-rdyobONa9TSF1i6A-7QzYrSBHMtvEu03r_VIDulbfjv1Qjx8TxSw3R68B51v3Yeds

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Okada/Lesnar and DIY/Young Bucks :obama

Jeff been having some of the Tony stuff. I love it. :moneymark

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon