Smackdown Spoilers: March 22

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
* The Miz kicks off SmackDown with MizTV. His guests are Randy Orton and Sheamus, talking about the six-man match at WrestleMania 29 and how they need a partner. They talk about Big Show and here he comes. Booker T ends up coming out and says tonight, Sheamus, Orton and Big Show will team up to see if they can get on the same page.

* Mark Henry squashed Zack Ryder. After the match, Henry hit Ryder with more World’s Strongest Slams until Ryback came out and stared him down. Ryback send Henry flying out of the ring with a clothesline.

* Teddy Long and Booker t have words backstage about Teddy working with Vickie Guerrero on RAW to make Ryback vs. Mark Henry at WrestleMania.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston is up next. AJ Lee joins JBL and Michael Cole on commentary. Kofi ended up taking out Big E Langston on the floor but Ziggler got the win. After the match, Big E laid Kofi out.

* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Big Show arguing.

* Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out and talk about Ricardo Rodriguez getting injured on RAW. Chris Jericho interrupts Swagger and their match is up next.

Fandango interrupted during the match with his big lit-up display. He appeared on the stage and distracted Jericho. Fandango comes down and hits Jericho while the referee is distracted, allowing Swagger to get the win. After the match, Fandango came in and beat Jericho up. Fandango hit a top rope leg drop to end it.

* Backstage interview with Big Show talking about tonight’s main event.

* Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes come out with The Bella Twins. Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi are out next. The match ends in a no contest when The Bellas interfere. Naomi took them out and danced.

* Backstage interview with Orton and Sheamus talking about the main event.

* Wade Barrett comes out for commentary.

* The Miz defeated Antonio Cesaro by submission. Barrett teased Miz with the Intercontinental Title.

* Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus vs. Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal is up next. Sheamus got the pin and sort of upset Big Show. They got into it and out comes The Shield. Orton, Sheamus and Show regrouped and stopped them from entering the ring to end the show.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/spoilers-wwe-smackdown-taping-march-22-2013#ixzz2O4j7dsko

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Biggest complaint about the show, Miz beating Cesaro via submission (okay, the submission part isn't that important). This isn't Miz hating or anything like that, but this, and the way it's set up, just makes it seem as if the whole purpose of the Miz/Cesaro feud was so that down the line they can have Miz beat Cesaro to prove his worth against Barrett. Basically, this whole match makes it feel, to me at least, that the United States Championship is a step below the Intercontinental Championship. This is a constant critique of WWE but what the hell, Cesaro is your US Champion, get him involved in a feud of his own. Titles should mean something. You shouldn't use your champion to prove that one guy is capable of beating another champion, well that is unless you're going to use it down the line, and that's not going to happen (though I for one, wouldn't be against it - though it wouldn't work here). Basically, the US Champion shouldn't be a stepping stone to the IC Champion, and vise versa.

Otherwise, this show just looks poor. At least it features logical story progression so that's a plus, but that doesn't mean it seems like something that would be a fun waste of two hours. Like for example, I'm glad they're not doing that stupid "refuse to work" Fandingoeatmybabio schtick this episode but I can't say I really want to see him hit a top rope leg drop.

Reactions: Snowman1

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
" The Miz defeated Antonio Cesaro by submission. Barrett teased Miz with the Intercontinental Title."

The only good thing to come from that is they're putting more importance on the IC title than the US title.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
* Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes come out with The Bella Twins. Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi are out next. The match ends in a no contest when The Bellas interfere. Naomi took them out and danced.

Glad to see Bella's and Rhodes Scholars in a match.

*Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston is up next. AJ Lee joins JBL and Michael Cole on commentary. Kofi ended up taking out Big E Langston on the floor but Ziggler got the win. After the match, Big E laid Kofi out.

This has happened before, like really recently.

* The Miz defeated Antonio Cesaro by submission. Barrett teased Miz with the Intercontinental Title.

Ergh, Ceasro losing is bad enough, but to the Miz again :/ I wish they'd stop pushing him already.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Crayo said:
Looks like another SmackDown that I simply will not watch. None of those segments entice me at all.

Agree, I simply watch it because of some fights or updates but... Some segments are simply really annoying