• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SmackDown/NXT/Superstars Spoilers LIVE 01/13/2012

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
DARK MATCH
Ryback def. Percy Watson.

NXT
Alicia Fox cuts a promo but is interrupted by Maxine.

Alicia Fox def. Maxine.

Trent Barreta def. Tyler Reks. After the match, Barreta is attacked by Reks and Curt Hawkins only for Yoshi Tatsu to come in and make the save.

The Usos def. JTG and Tyson Kidd.

Johnny Curtis def. Alex Riley.

Darren Young comes out and cuts a promo but is interrupted by Titus O'Neill. A brawl breaks out and Young vs. O'Neill has been announced for next week.

SUPERSTARS
Wade Barrett def. Yoshi Tatsu.

SMACKDOWN
Daniel Bryan comes out and cuts a promo but is interrupted by Mark Henry. Henry has been banned from ringside during the World Heavyweight Championship match for later tonight, but says that he will get a title shot next week.

Justin Gabriel def. Heath Slater.

Cody Rhodes cuts a promo. He then defeats Ezekiel Jackson.

Ted DiBiase, Jr. def. Drew McIntyre. Hunico was on commentary during the match.

Sheamus def. Jinder Mahal.

David Otunga def. Santino Marella.

Brodus Clay def. Tyson Kidd.

Tamina def. Natalya.

*Wade Barrett cuts a promo. He will face Sheamus next week.

*The Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan w/ AJ. AJ took a bump from Show during the match and is stretchered out. The match is ruled a no contest.

Ryback? I assume Skip is returning with that gimmick. Is this a sign that WWE are finally giving people more qwerky gimmicks?

Also, first promo sounds good for Bryan. Let's hope he doesn't drop the title to Big Slow.

Edit: Rhodes cutting a promo sounds good, beating Ezekial Jackson sounds better. SmackDown knows how to build talent way better than RAW. As for Drew losing.. good news or bad news?

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Poor Riley :(.

Barrett on Superstars wtf? Sheamus wins yet again too -.-. No Barrett interaction at all? I'm worried.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tzesi said:
I don't understand why Drew will lose...
:blink:

It's a story-line. Drew will end up getting "fired" or something. Or do something drastic to keep his job, either way we'll be seeing an aggressive heel drew. I can't wait.

seabs said:
Wade gets mic time,the Funkasauras is on again and D Bryan retains. Sounds like a decent show to me.

They're the good parts. Seen the other bore fest of superstars on the show? SmackDown needs its injured superstars back ASAP. RAW Supershow is also killing SmackDown in my opinion. Too many WHC matches on SmackDown too, killing the prestige. Is this Big Show's 7th in a row or something now?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
They're the good parts. Seen the other bore fest of superstars on the show? SmackDown needs its injured superstars back ASAP. RAW Supershow is also killing SmackDown in my opinion. Too many WHC matches on SmackDown too, killing the prestige. Is this Big Show's 7th in a row or something now?

I agree with the WHC comment however we've got Bryan getting promo time, cody getting promo time and winning a match,Gabriel and Slater seem to put on decent matches when ever they're together, even Ted and Drew could be decent from an in ring perspective. The only bad things I see is the main event and Jinder Mahal having a match which lets be honest will be short same as Otunga's match. So it looks like a decent week to me overall. Not outstanding but could enough.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
@[Crayo] That will make him look weak though..

That's the point of the storyline Drew can't buy a win so then he snaps and goes on a winning streak. It's similar to when Kane wanted to be a monster again this past summer he needed to be injured for him to remask.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
I agree with the WHC comment however we've got Bryan getting promo time, cody getting promo time and winning a match,Gabriel and Slater seem to put on decent matches when ever they're together, even Ted and Drew could be decent from an in ring perspective. The only bad things I see is the main event and Jinder Mahal having a match which lets be honest will be short same as Otunga's match. So it looks like a decent week to me overall. Not outstanding but could enough.

Yeah, there's good and bad parts. Even if those guys are good in the ring, how entertaining is it watching someone you don't personally care about as they're on "Superstars" most weeks? But other than that it's a decent card with Cody and Wade getting promo time, Cody looking strong hopefully in his match, DB winning by heel ways again (let's hope it's not cowardly, which it probably is) but Sheamus squashing Mahal. Good and bad, I'll skip the slater, otunga/santino and Sheamus matches most probably. That's just personal preference. I'm all for good wrestling matches, but if there's no personality there it's just boring to me lol.

Tzesi said:
@[Crayo] That will make him look weak though..

He was screwed the first week, can't remember if he was with Santino. Think they're booking him as the guy who's unlucky and will snap when he loses his chance.