SmackDown/NXT/Superstars Results LIVE 01/06/2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
WWE taped the Raw portion of this week’s WWE Superstars tonight from the FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee. Below are full results:

Dark Match:

* Skip Sheffield b. Michael McGillicutty

WWE Superstars (Airing Thursday on WWE.com):

* Evan Bourne w/Kofi Kingston b. Epico w/Primo

* Mason Ryan b. JTG

WWE tapings tonight are in North Little Rock, Ark. Below are the full results of tonight's WWE NXT event.

Dark Match

Skip Sheffield defeated Jimmy Uso.

WWE NXT (Airing January 4th)
Alex Riley defeated Michael McGillicutty. Riley was beat down for a good portion of the match. The crowd got behind him and he won in roughly five minutes.

Maxine defeated Kaitlyn. The crowd was dead for the match. Maxine won via submission. Kaitlin was using power moves but then went for a Oklahoma Slam and Maxine slipped into a dragon sleeper body scissors move that looked sweet.

Trent Barreta (w/Yoshi Tatsu) defeated Curt Hawkins (w/Tyler Reks). Good action crowd not really in it from the start but the last 3 minutes got them goin . Beratta won with Wisper in the wind DDT.

Darren Young defeated Derrick Bateman.Young won when Maxine and Johnny Curtis distracted Bateman. They are getting married two weeks from now in Las Vegas.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:
* Cody Rhodes defeated Booker T to retain the Intercontinental Title. Great match back and forth match that went over ten minutes, according to Terrence. Cody went for the BDK but Booker ducked it.

Will update it tomorrow when I'm up. Knackered now. Going bed <3/

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Here is the rest if anyone else wants them :
Backstage segment with Cody and Dustin Rhodes. Cody says he is better than Goldust ever was and will be better than Dusty one day.

* Zack Ryder is backstage talking with Teddy Long and says he's too busy to work for Teddy. Drew McIntyre came in as did Santino Marella. Teddy makes Drew vs. Santino. Santino will be Teddy's new assistant if he wins and Drew will be fired. If Drew wins, Teddy might not fire him. Aksana appears at the end.

* Backstage segment with AJ Lee and Alicia Fox. Daniel Bryan comes in and they talk about his match against Big Show.

* Hornswoggle won an Over The Top Challenge against Heath Slater. Slater attacked Hornswoggle afterwards until Justin Gabriel made the save.

* Hunico beat Ted DiBiase.

* Wade Barrett comes out and talks about he will win the Royal Rumble while Randy Orton watches from home. Sheamus interrupts. Jinder Mahal is out next and he joins Barrett in beating Sheamus down. Sheamus fought back but got hit with Barrett's finisher and a Camel Clutch by Mahal.

* Sheamus vs. Jinder is announced for next week.

* Santino Marella became the new Assistant to the General Manager by defeating Drew McIntyre. Teddy may end up firing Drew now.

* Primo and Epico beat Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston in a non-title match.

* Tamina squashed Natalya.

* Daniel Bryan defeated Big Show by DQ with the World Heavyweight Title on the line when Mark Henry interfered.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/reports/wwe/smackdown/LIVE_SPOILERS_FOR_THIS_WEEK_S_WWE_SMACKDOWN_1_6_12.html

Bryan in the triple threat at the rumble if he carries that to a decent match give the guy the worker of the year award already

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Thanks for finishing them off. Finally Sheamus actually came off worse in a fight, even if he did miraculously gain the upper hand. Jinder Mahal getting pushed too? I suppose Sheamus will be feuding with Barrett and burying him, but let's hope Barrett wins the rumble :).

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
"Wade Barrett comes out and talks about he will win the Royal Rumble while Randy Orton watches from home."

Is this setting up an Orton royal rumble return? Or is it just said to get him over. Last thing I want Barrett to do is feud with Sheamus :(

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
I actually wonder who here still watches NXT or Superstars?

Superstars actually has the best wrestling on wwe tv usually. NxT I gave up on after series 1 tbh. I only see the bits with Reks and Hawkins on youtube.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Superstars doesn't have enough charisma for me, the wrestling is okay but mid-card charisma is terrible. Why does Superstars actually exist though (the show)? What's the purpose?

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
RE: SmackDown/NXT/Superstars Results LIVE 01/06/2012

seabs said:
Just to stop the lower card guys bitching about not being used I presume.

I'd rather not get used. Surely it's just a waste of money paying and setting up Superstars?

I'd just drop the talent that will never achieve big big things, IE Yoshi Tatsu.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RE: SmackDown/NXT/Superstars Results LIVE 01/06/2012

Sage said:
I'd rather not get used. Surely it's just a waste of money paying and setting up Superstars?

I'd just drop the talent that will never achieve big big things, IE Yoshi Tatsu.b

Not really its filmed in the same arena as smackdown or raw I think but all they do is change the ring aprons. With how small the rosters are can they afford to cut many guys? I mean they need jobbers after all. Wrestlers like to work at least some amount I doubt any of them would be happy just collecting the pay cheque tbh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The jobbers on SmackDown serve no use. But they do indeed need jobbers.

They come in handy for the random battle royales they have occasionally plus if there are injuries to mid card guys at least you've got someone to fill in.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Is Rumble going to be the 4th or 5th PPV in a row where Big Show is in a championship match?