Smackdown Live Discussion 8/27/2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
sdl.png

time70183a8a2b742982.png

WHEN

United States: Friday Night, August 27th, 2021, at 8pm EST/7pm CST on Fox
United Kingdom: Saturday Morning, August 28th, 2021, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

preview.png

PREVIEW

View on WWE.com

chat.png

JOINING THE LIVE DISCUSSION

Use the chat page or click the chat bar at the bottom of each page.
Type /rooms in the chat or click the + symbol and join the Live Discussion room.
live-chat-png.8375

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'll join in with this tonight. See you there. First time I'm watching live in a while to see Becky Lynch.

tumblr_pp051up9j71rmv1vdo1_540.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I haven't watched Smackdown in forever but I think I needed a break. I have been watching WWE for 31 years. I was a bit burned out

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I haven't watched Smackdown in forever but I think I needed a break. I have been watching WWE for 31 years. I was a bit burned out

Same here my dude. I usually tend to watch YouTube clips of WWE as it is easier to digest. Lately though, I've been finding Smackdown worthy of my time and unlike RAW I don't find it to drag along. The 2 hours is a lot better and the roster is pretty stacked.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well I am just glad that someone will be chatting lol I have not watched it in a while but hey, I'll give it a chance. The three hours is the death of Raw

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Well I am just glad that someone will be chatting lol I have not watched it in a while but hey, I'll give it a chance. The three hours is the death of Raw
I think tonight's show should be jam packed with the returns. I can't imagine it won't be worth your time.

3 hours is just too much for a wrestling show unless it's a PPV, not enough notable things happen on RAW to warrant the runtime.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I remember when Nitro went to three hours. That was one of the things that killed them

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Creatively speaking, yes, but it actually made them their most profit ever for 1998. One of the things no one usually realizes is the reason WCW was $60 million in the hole in 2000 was they cut Nitro back tp 2 hours at the start of the year and those ads bringing in a lot of money.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Creatively speaking, yes, but it actually made them their most profit ever for 1998. One of the things no one usually realizes is the reason WCW was $60 million in the hole in 2000 was they cut Nitro back tp 2 hours at the start of the year and those ads bringing in a lot of money.
Yeah I'm guessing this is why RAW isn't likely to change back to 2 hours anytime soon, either. I'm sure the revenue loss from commercials would be quite a lot. Even though creatively it could really use it because they spend way too much time trying to fill it up with random stuff.

Really glad Smackdown is only 2 hours. You do get filler on occasion but feels like a much more tightly paced show.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think I've figured out this chat business. Hallo. I'll be switching between 3 tabs, wish me luck
tumblr_phjo8fUCnZ1xwtfclo1_500.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I need a dual monitor set-up for my PC and get in to 2021 already.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Yeah, that is something. But still it began costing them viewers and Bischoff was complete mad about Nitro ratings above anything else.

But there were a lot of other reasons they were in the hole. Guaranteed contracts, expensive plane tickets (which is weird buy true), and a lot of other factors. It wasn't just ad revenue. The ad revenue may have helped them, like it does with Raw,

Have you read the Death of WCW? Pretty good and well researched book which completely dissects what happened to them. It was a fascinating read.