Smackdown is going live

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I feel like the World title will be dual-branded, so all guys have a big, overarching prize to aim for. While the I.C. title is the top belt on Smackdown and I guess the U.S. title on RAW, obviously with the I.C. title being more important/valued.

Reactions: Emo

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Not to sound like a conspiracy freak but I think Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, and Ryback leaving are what may have caused this. Cody specifically as he said that he never really liked Stardust despite thousands of emails proclaiming that he did and told how difficult it was working with the creative team. Now that there's two separate brands, I think Vince and extensively creative, may allow more leniency to what wrestlers can do to their characters.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Merged with already existing thread

CycLoNe_

Jobber
Reaction score
A shake up long overdue. Lots of questions here though. Will there be still one undisputed top title? The same about the unified tag titles, also which brand would keep the women's title? Or will all these still be featured on both brands?

If they re-introduce the Big Gold then they should make the B PPVs brand exclusive like other wise they would once again risk the WHC becoming a second tier title. I wish they reintroduce the Cruiserweight division as well while they're at it.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Please don't bring back the big gold belt. I hope the WWE comes up with something new

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
I just want Bragging Rights back.

Reactions: Geek773

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Please don't bring back the big gold belt. I hope the WWE comes up with something new

:bubba:

Whatever would make you not like the Big Gold Belt?!?!?!?!?!?

That's just un-American is what that is.

:fact:

On a side note, thank God I won't have to avoid Smackdown spoilers anymore. It was annoying.

wk

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z

wk
Not just un-American, but against beautiful title belts as well. Seriously, the Big Gold is prob my favourite looking belt except for the IWGP Heavyweight.

Stopspot

Reaction score

On a side note, thank God I won't have to avoid Smackdown spoilers anymore. It was annoying.

wk
I'm from Sweden. Call me un-American all you want.

As for why I don't want it back. I want them to do something new. And we already have a WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Either fully elevate the IC belt or bring in something new

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Now, for the more serious reaction.

This does create a number of questions, but I'm sure there's somebody (please....anybody?) in the WWE asking them, too, such as the questions about titles, how complete the brand split will be, what's done with "B" PPV's (why do we still call them PPV's....how many people who "purchase"/watch them regularly are actually paying a separate fee to watch them when most people I talk to who watch them do so on the WWE Network....but I digress), etc.

Still, I've been begging for another brand split (and, actually, what I want is a total brand split where there's only crossover for the "Big 4" PPV's and very special feuds) and I've wanted them to take SD live for just as long, so this is completely good news as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the stuff will work itself out.

wk

Reactions: Emo

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
I'm from Sweden. Call me un-American all you want.

As for why I don't want it back. I want them to do something new. And we already have a WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Either fully elevate the IC belt or bring in something new
I do agree. But man, the Big Gold is just so pretty.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm probably the only wrestling fan who doesn't think the Big gold belt is the prettiest belt in existence

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
I wouldn't say prettiest. Top 3 prettiest for sure, imo.