Smackdown Going to Be the Flagship?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well in 2019 SD is going to FOX and they signed a 5 year 1 billion dollar deal. That is 200 million per year and that deal is worth 3 times the current TV deal.

More Details On WWE Deal With Fox

So my thinking goes if you paid that amount of money for SD would you want ti to be treated as the B show and wouldn't you want "the guy" on it or more star power.

I suppose a bidding war for RAW could top that.

WWEs will be on different Networks as well so not sure how that well work out although FOX might pick up RAW as well.

Thoughts?.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If this means that Smackdown is going to be treated equally to Raw then great.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
If this means that Smackdown is going to be treated equally to Raw then great.

isn't it better than RAW ATM? Its been decent for the last couple of months, RAW picked up just after WM but seems to be going towards meh again.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
isn't it better than RAW ATM? Its been decent for the last couple of months, RAW picked up just after WM but seems to be going towards meh again.
I think the mentality in WWE is that Raw is the flagship show. The quality of the two shows is based on preference. For me Raw and Smackdown have been pretty even since 2016. Draft 2016 to WrestleMania 33 Smackdown was the superior show. The superstar shakeup 2017 to WrestleMania 34 Raw was the better show.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think the mentality in WWE is that Raw is the flagship show. The quality of the two shows is based on preference. For me Raw and Smackdown have been pretty even since 2016. Draft 2016 to WrestleMania 33 Smackdown was the superior show. The superstar shakeup 2017 to WrestleMania 34 Raw was the better show.

I would agree with your statement there give or take a month on the timeline.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'd say atm Smackdown is the better show.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Raw and Smackdown have kind of always gone back forth on what show was better throughout the years, but recently Smackdown has been a slightly better show but not by much.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It def means that Vince may focus more attention Smackdown and potentially put Smackdown over raw at some point. That’s a lot of money and I know Vince doesn’t want to lose it.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
WWE are making money no matter what. That means they don't have to bother putting on big ppvs and matches. This is bad.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
WWE are making money no matter what. That means they don't have to bother putting on big ppvs and matches. This is bad.
True. But this has been the same for years. They’ve been huge and don’t have to care too much all the time. It’s like what punk said, “WWE will make money in spite of itself.”

It’s true that they’re getting some bigger guaranteed deals, but the level of giving a shit will be about the same. It may improve given that triple h should take over in the next few years.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley