Smackdown Divas Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
After watching SD, It was good to know a new womans title is going to be on Smackdown. Didnt like the match though for the oppertunity for the Title.

I love Divas, my God I do.

1chiban

Reaction score
Meh. I would prefer having a touring Women's Title defended on every brand like the old Undisputed title was.

exC.On

Reaction score
Meh. I would prefer having a touring Women's Title defended on every brand like the old Undisputed title was.

same, but now i guess both shows (sd and raw) have pretty much the same titles now that the cw title doesnt exist any more.

MikeRaw

I actually like the idea.
No offense to the divas, but with only one title, and alot of contenders, that woiuld mean 3 divas matches per show, which I dont really want. Now, with a divas title on SD, being seperate, it stays to 1 or 2 matches per show, and they will be good matches too.
Good call by WWE, to see that they have alot of divas and need a new belt.

1chiban

Reaction score
same, but now i guess both shows (sd and raw) have pretty much the same titles now that the cw title doesnt exist any more.

I will forever be angry at that...:disgust1:

Reaction score
A new womens title for smackdown is a good idea. Divas in smackdown are useless without a title since they have nothing to fight for.

Qwake

Having a womens title on smackdown is stupid imo, they could have just made the womens title on RAW for all brands to go for and have it on which ever show the womens champ was on...:smh

Vandy316

Reaction score
shit i hate it. the only good thing about the divas in the WWE are their looks. Beth, Mickie, Victoria are the only good wrestlers. Melina is ok and i havent seen Natalya wrestle yet. they should just bring back the CW.

MikeRaw

shit i hate it. the only good thing about the divas in the WWE are their looks. Beth, Mickie, Victoria are the only good wrestlers. Melina is ok and i havent seen Natalya wrestle yet. they should just bring back the CW.

First off, thats not true. Secondly, that has nothing to do with this title. They already have the womens title on Raw, so no matter how good or bad the womens wrestlers are, if they have divas on SD, they should have a belt there.
Secondly, divas that can wrestle (maybe some arent as good as the ones in TNA, but still putting on good matches)
Beth Proenix
Natalya
Victoria
Mickie
Michelle
Melina
Katie Lea
Candice...

Again, some of those can wrestle better than others, but still, all the ones I listed arent just eye candy... So the only argument you can really make, is that they only need one womens belt, but I dont want that, cause with more and more divas coming in, it would get too congested...

Oh, and about you saying all wwe divas are just there for looks... Well, as I said, thats not true, but even if it was, so what? Most fans are male, and unless all male internet users hae turned gay, wwe would just be giving people what they want... But anyways, as I said, wwe has plenty of divas who can wrestle...

Airfixx

Totally unnecessary.

Just as the womens division seemed to be looking up in terms of match quality... All they needed was the likes of Natalya & Victoria to hop over to Raw once in a while and get in the title-mix and they'd have had a half decent women's division with 5 or 6 divas that can actually wrestle.

Now it's back to where we were a few months back. :n:

The SD diva match on Friday night was proof enough they haven't got the talent to sustain two womens titles (even ONE is debatable).

ollie

Reaction score
Without trying to sound sexist I've always thought the womens division was a bit out of place. Sure they're entitled to wrestle/etc. but the quality of most of the women's matches is fairly poor (there's being some obvious exceptions) so I usually end up fast forwarding through it.

It just seems to me that the women are primarily in the WWE for geeky teenage guys to drool over - fair enough if the women are fine with it but it seems a little degrading.

I think the 1 women's title going across brand would have been a better idea as it could set up a first battle royal type thing at the next PPV (maybe with some kind of 'title can only change hands at a PPV' stipulation)

1chiban

Reaction score
Without trying to sound sexist I've always thought the womens division was a bit out of place. Sure they're entitled to wrestle/etc. but the quality of most of the women's matches is fairly poor (there's being some obvious exceptions) so I usually end up fast forwarding through it.

It just seems to me that the women are primarily in the WWE for geeky teenage guys to drool over - fair enough if the women are fine with it but it seems a little degrading.

I think the 1 women's title going across brand would have been a better idea as it could set up a first battle royal type thing at the next PPV (maybe with some kind of 'title can only change hands at a PPV' stipulation)

There will be a lot less of all the bra and panties, pudding matches, lingerie pillow fights etc on Tv now, as they are definitely aiming towards kids again. Maybe on PPV but not on TV

ollie

Reaction score
There will be a lot less of all the bra and panties, pudding matches, lingerie pillow fights etc on Tv now, as they are definitely aiming towards kids again. Maybe on PPV but not on TV

I was going to say that I hadn't seen any of those since resuming watching whereas they used to happen all the time. It's a step in the right direction I think.

MikeRaw

What does everyone have against hot women? Jesus, do you all have to be politaclly correct now, and you cant say that you enjoy hot divas? Face it, your all probably jacking off to Torrie Wilson, but when you log on here, you wanna sound all proper and shit...
OK, to be serious though, as I said many times, I like the fact that they are putting on alot of divas who can wrestle, and now, the matches are entertaining.
But really, they should on occasion, have the eye candy that they have, and allow them to do what they used to do, liek the usual summer bikini contest, etc, because thats what alot of the male fans like divas for.
But also, dont drop off on the matches. Just have the contests and stuff every once in a while, and also, keep the matches to the divas who can wrestle, instead of Kelly Kelly in the ring, keep melina, micki0e, michelle, beth, etc to do the fighting.
then everyones happy, but stop acting like you all dont like hot divas.

Soulpower

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! That's what I think about this title. Before anyone starts freaking out, no, its not that I hate women's wrestling (Quite the contrary, actually). Its stupid because WWE already has a SHITLOAD of belts including some that they don't care about. So what do they do? THEY ADD ANOTHER BELT!

Hey, here's an idea... Make the Women's title tri-branded! That way you have one title, and a pretty darn good women's division to boot. By the way, what's with calling it the Divas title?

WWE Divas.. We wrestle. But we STILL GON TAKE OFF OUR CLOTHES!