Smackdown 4/18/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Scott78

Jobber
Reaction score
just watching it the now and most annoying part of the show for me is emma, that stupid dancing crap she does is starting to really annoy me. The hornswaggle el torrito match was worth watching just to listen to the commentary thought cole and bradshaw were funnier than been for a long time during it.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I actually watched the entire show, and it saddens me to say the el torito vs hornswoggle(mostly do to comentary) was the highlight of the show. In all fairness, though, the sheamus vs batista match was better than expected

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sheamus/Batista was pretty decent. Sheamus carried "THE ANIMAL" to a pretty well-worked match. I still think Sheamus is the most undervalued wrestler in WWE so far as the IWC is concerned, and this match showed that.

The El Torito/Hornswoggle match was hugely entertaining, not so much because the match was high-quality (although it was better than any other Hornswoggle match I've ever seen, mostly due to him being carried by El Torito....seems like this is a recurring theme on this episode of SD).

All in all, a decent use of a couple of hours for a pro wrestling fan.

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sheamus/Batista was pretty decent. Sheamus carried "THE ANIMAL" to a pretty well-worked match. I still think Sheamus is the most undervalued wrestler in WWE so far as the IWC is concerned, and this match showed that.

The El Torito/Hornswoggle match was hugely entertaining, not so much because the match was high-quality (although it was better than any other Hornswoggle match I've ever seen, mostly due to him being carried by El Torito....seems like this is a recurring theme on this episode of SD).

All in all, a decent use of a couple of hours for a pro wrestling fan.

wk
Have to agree with you (as usual) about Sheamus. Recently he hasn't been pushed hard, we almost never have do hear any of his dull promos and he's just wandering around the midcard putting on fine matches every week. He even put Barrett over clean on Raw! I despised watching him back during his reign as WHC and stuff, but nowadays Sheamus is fine.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Have to agree with you (as usual) about Sheamus. Recently he hasn't been pushed hard, we almost never have do hear any of his dull promos and he's just wandering around the midcard putting on fine matches every week. He even put Barrett over clean on Raw! I despised watching him back during his reign as WHC and stuff, but nowadays Sheamus is fine.

That Sheamus/BNB match was awesome.

I think Sheamus' early WWE career can be summed up as "too much, too fast". He's a tremendous wrestler who has a terrific power move set, a distinctive look and attitude, and actually cuts pretty decent promos (they're not great, but they're not awful). If he company had allowed him to get over even semi-organically, he would be a big star, but he's become filler because they don't trust him after they screwed up his booking during his main event run. It's really a shame for such a good worker and for a guy who's thoroughly dedicated to the company.

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That Sheamus/BNB match was awesome.

I think Sheamus' early WWE career can be summed up as "too much, too fast". He's a tremendous wrestler who has a terrific power move set, a distinctive look and attitude, and actually cuts pretty decent promos (they're not great, but they're not awful). If he company had allowed him to get over even semi-organically, he would be a big star, but he's become filler because they don't trust him after they screwed up his booking during his main event run. It's really a shame for such a good worker and for a guy who's thoroughly dedicated to the company.

wk
Yeah, they shoved him down everyone's throats too fast. Doesn't always work.

Reactions: Wacokid27