Slammy Award Categories/Nominees - Choose Yours!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I can understand the biasedness, but I just think that moment is too out there to not win. It just sticks out so much, I mean, really, anybody who could've predicted that moment would ever happen must be a wizard. It just seemed like it was unthinkable. When you objectively look at it, you'll find that all other nominees on the list (a group beatdown on the top star, a top star retiring after a classic match, and someone cashing in MITB the night they won it) were all moments that at some point in time, WERE going to happen. They were inevitable. By contrast, that moment was absolutely surreal and unheard of.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I agree I don't think there is a bad choice outside of the Kane title win as it doesn't even touch the other ones. So as long as any of them win besides the Kane moment I'm cool.

As far as Superstar of the year they should give it to Miz for usage purposes. Would only add to his character but I'm a afraid they are gonna give it to Orton.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Same, I really want Miz to win it, it would be an amazing feather in his cap. However, the fact that they added "fan voting" means they've clearly rigged it to have a face win, so Orton gets it because Cena won last year, and it's not going to Rey or Edge.

Sad. Could've built Miz up. I guess he'll get a fluke win at TLC like Sheamus by putting Orton through a table and then proclaim himself "the REAL Superstar Of The Year" or something like that.

SAL

Reaction score
I don't care who wins the awards. All of them, especially the ones we can't vote on, are just vehicles for pushing the storylines. So when Orton wins Superstar of the Year, Miz will come out and beat him up. Sheamus isn't up for Superstar of the Year because they're obviously giving him another one of the awards, probably the "despicable" one and pushing that storyline with Morrison.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
He doesn't have to WIN it to be a nominee, though. Kane is a nominee and he's up for other awards, so is Orton, Edge, etc.

Hey, I'm not complaining, I hate Sheamus, but he's had an amazing year so you would THINK he would be up there. He held the WWE Championship for half the year, "retired Triple H" and won King Of The Ring. That's actually a better year in kayfabe standards than any of the other guys had.

SAL

Reaction score
New gimmick, posting in bold? :lol: I think it was just a numbers game: Cena and Orton are gimmes, and they want it to eventually look normal for Miz to have his name next to them, so they're giving it a shot, even though he's been a midcarder for 11/12 of the year. Meh.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'm actually posting in bold and black so it's easier to read. I'm the one person on this forum who's being considerate. I mean, I can read it either way, but it's a lot better the way I'm doing it. Who's idea was it to have grey text on a white forum? It's almost like throwing sugar onto a pile of snow.

I'm sure, inevitably I'll stop it because I'll get sick of doing it every post, but this needs to change.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
I'm actually posting in bold and black so it's easier to read. I'm the one person on this forum who's being considerate. I mean, I can read it either way, but it's a lot better the way I'm doing it. Who's idea was it to have grey text on a white forum? It's almost like throwing sugar onto a pile of snow.

I'm sure, inevitably I'll stop it because I'll get sick of doing it every post, but this needs to change.

Actually, it makes me picture you screaming everything.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Drop that impression, because that would be this:

NOW I'M FUCKING SCREAMING EVERYTHING.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Now I just picture you talking in an angry tone vs your face red from fury. Either way, you don't look happy.

SAL

Reaction score
I get that just from the huge Wade sig, to be fair. Your posts would probably work really well as read by Wade.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Of course I'm not happy. Kennedy's gone, Jericho's gone, Christian's injured, Punk is injured, Alex Riley is a jobber for life and Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio have lost so much momentum it's unheard of. WWE sucks at the moment apart from The Miz becoming WWE Champion.

I get that just from the huge Wade sig, to be fair. Your posts would probably work really well as read by Wade.

:D

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Superstar of the Year

-- Raw brand: WWE champion The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton.
-- Smackdown brand: World Hvt. champion Kane, Edge, Rey Mysterio.

Diva of the Year

-- Winner determined in battle royal on Raw.

Shocker of the Year

-- The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank, becomes WWE champion.
-- John Cena loses and is forced to join Nexus.
-- Nexus takes out McMahon.
-- Paul Bearer turns on The Undertaker.

Knucklehead Moment of the Year

-- Big Show unmasks a bald C.M. Punk. - Only because Knucklehead is Big Show's movie. And surely they named the award to give it to Big Show.
-- Santino Marella gets out-danced by Vladimir Kozlov
-- Beth Phoenix eliminates Great Khali from the Royal Rumble.
-- Lay-Cool beaten by Mae Young

Despicable Me Award

-- C.M. Punk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey Mysterio's daughter. - Punk's got to win an award. But it's between that and Sheamus' attack on HHH.
-- Sheamus attacks Triple H with lead pipe while The Game talks about Shawn Michaels.
-- Nexus attacks Ricky Steamboat and WWE Legends.
-- Kane buries The Undertaker alive.

Holy %&^*%&* Move of the Year

-- Kofi Kingston hits Drew McIntyre with leg drop off ladder through announce table.
-- John Cena sends Batista onto a car and through the stage with two Attitude Adjustments.
-- Randy Orton delivers RKO to a flying Evan Bourne.
-- John Morrison dives off set onto Daniel Bryan and The Miz.

Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year

-- Mike Tyson punches out Chris Jericho.
-- Pee Wee Herman vs. The Miz.
-- Florence Henderson kisses Great Khali.
-- William Shatner sings WWE ring entrances.

"Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year

-- Big Show destroys Jack Swagger’s trophies.
-- Edge destroys the Raw GM’s computer.
-- Alberto Del Rio injures Rey Mysterio’s arm with steel chair.
-- Batista quits WWE.

WWE Moment of the Year

-- Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands.
-- Nexus debuts and attacks John Cena.
-- The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in Michaels’s final match.
-- Kane wins Money in Bank, cashes in on same night.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

I just tried reading it out using my best Barrett imitation. Hilarity ensued. :lmao