Sin Cara Suspended for Violating Wellness Policy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah but you expect that star to come in walking on pins and needles. If I were getting hired by say Fedex who do a Tuition reimbursement and failed a drug test would I still not be fired? Even though they'd invested that money in me?

It's not the same but I think most of it still stands. Guy comes in. Is performing under par. Isn't making the money anticipated. Then violates a major rule within 6 months of joining the company.

I guess it depends on what the violation is really.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Like Batista and Randy Orton were acting any better in their start?

They eventually went on to become draws. Just needs some guidance and a better doctor with better prescriptions.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Like Batista and Randy Orton were acting any better in their start?

They eventually went on to become draws. Just needs some guidance and a better doctor with better prescriptions.

Not really a fan of either of them either and I would probably have fired Orton multiple times over by now. Like I said it would depend on the magnitude of the violation it's possible that it's stemming from something that happened while he was still in Mexico.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Anyway fact is I think WWE have seen a return on their investment so far, he alway seems to get a good reaction from the crowd, and I hear that he does shift a fair bit of merchdise. Yes what he did was wrong, and if he did again, they would need to come down harder, but for now for a first time offence a 30 Day suspension is enough of a punishment.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that he is a money earner for WWE already even though he hasn't been with them long. He gets big cheers and you can see a fair bit of his merchandise in the crowd each week.

He is stupid for taking steroids, maybe this has caused him to be less agile, but he was probably following the path Rey Mysterio took when he came to WWE. Rey went from tiny little guy to mini giant. Hopefully he drops the stuff and someone explains it all to him. Get him clean and then get him back on my tv.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What really bothers me as well is that he supposedly failed this test in June yet they only announced it now. Sin Cara was put on the SummerSlam poster as well and now he will miss it because they delayed the announcement of his suspension. If it is true that WWE delayed the announcement then that is poor form by them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They postponed his suspension because he was saying he could produce a viable prescription but never did. REading it was anabolic steroids and I can't believe anyone still takes those dirt supplements. Dudes going to have tits as soon as he stops working out.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I have been really down on Sin Cara. I am a wrestling fan that just needs some charisma. It can't just be all wrestling which is why I don't go crazy for Tyson Kidd. I go crazy for Daniel Bryan because he has that underdog spirit. Another thing that separates Bryan from Cara is that Bryan sells perfectly and knows how to fight back like a face. Sin Cara doesn't sell very well like X-Pac said in a video. I personally think Cara is overrated and has been a bust... now you know why I am not a Triple H guy. It's moves like this that piss me off. It's still very early but not crazy for Cara.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They postponed his suspension because he was saying he could produce a viable prescription but never did. REading it was anabolic steroids and I can't believe anyone still takes those dirt supplements. Dudes going to have tits as soon as he stops working out.

Fair enough then if they were giving him time to produce a subscription. Reading a recent interview from him he supposedly has been having injections in his knee (in Mexico) and that was what he think caused the failure. I don't understand why he would take them either especially now that WWE is having less emphasis on size these days.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I have been really down on Sin Cara. I am a wrestling fan that just needs some charisma. It can't just be all wrestling which is why I don't go crazy for Tyson Kidd. I go crazy for Daniel Bryan because he has that underdog spirit. Another thing that separates Bryan from Cara is that Bryan sells perfectly and knows how to fight back like a face. Sin Cara doesn't sell very well like X-Pac said in a video. I personally think Cara is overrated and has been a bust... now you know why I am not a Triple H guy. It's moves like this that piss me off. It's still very early but not crazy for Cara.

Overated by who though. Okay he has gotten a big push from the start in WWE, but I don't think anyone outside of them, and maybe fans who follow mexico wrestling are that high on him.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
The thing is that he was undefeated for like 3 months so people are obviously high on him. It's too early to judge, but I just hate seeing him not acting like a face. He isn't a 7 foot giant monster that doesn't feel pain, he's a guy that flies around. Eventually you have to start selling for some time then it will start to show. I thought he did a good job with the Sheamus spot. It will also help if he starts going on the microphone more. I am big on guys with the mic so maybe we have different opinions on what a true main eventer should be.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No, because I wasn't actually commenting on his talent, in truth I have not seen enough to comment, I just don't think the term overated can be used just yet.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He was huge in Mexico but in Mexico there is no psychology in 95% of their matches. It's just big spot after big spot. He can't get away with that here.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lucha Libre is just spot heavy look-what-I-can-do spotfests. And looks phony as hell, there are still quality workers there, but it's few and far between. Expected big things from Mistico, still think it was too early to declare him a bust.

Should just let him serve his time and try regain momentum and treat him like Kennedy, sink or swim time.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he is a bust either. Time off may actually be beneficial if he is allowed in the ring training. Not sure if there are any restrictions under policy violations or just a suspension. I come from a Sport background where suspended guys can't even practice with you so not sure there.