sideBOTS 1 - The Metal - Round 7 - This Would Make A Banger Theme

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Current listen has left me with one thought.

Good wrestling entrance potential and good metal songs

are not always the same thing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm pretty passionate about the genre :p

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose as well - you may have to try to get in people's head and listen to the lyrics as well - as people may have been thematic about their choice depending on what kind of character wrestling wise they seem themselves at

DEEP THOUGHTS!

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose as well - you may have to try to get in people's head and listen to the lyrics as well - as people may have been thematic about their choice depending on what kind of character wrestling wise they seem themselves at

DEEP THOUGHTS!
i struggle inside my own head lol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
To be clear I'm not really that bothered that Hell's Bells was chosen due to its genre, I just don't like AC/DC or that song in particular, since when I was a kid I'd always be disappointed that it wasn't For Whom The Bell Tolls :lol But also, I really don't see the need to stretch the parameters of "metal" to include hard rock, which to me, pretty clearly falls outside of metal even if you can make a case for some shit ambiguously being metal-ish, when you can just like... choose an actual metal song. But that's just my thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
To be clear I'm not really that bothered that Hell's Bells was chosen due to its genre, I just don't like AC/DC or that song in particular, since when I was a kid I'd always be disappointed that it wasn't For Whom The Bell Tolls :lol But also, I really don't see the need to stretch the parameters of "metal" to include hard rock, which to me, pretty clearly falls outside of metal even if you can make a case for some shit ambiguously being metal-ish, when you can just like... choose an actual metal song. But that's just my thoughts.

1 - EVERY FUCKING TIME. I can relate to this so much lmao

2- Agreed, it's really not hard to pick a metal song. You all know what the theme and the point of these exercises are, it would be great if people stopped trying to game the system because ''well, technically...''. No, just take a fucking metal song. There's thousands upon thousands. It's not hard and if you don't want to pick metal songs, why have you (hypothetical person) signed up in the first place?

Just my opinion as well, shit just kind of annoys me when the point of this is to clearly learn and enjoy METAL. Keep your rock songs for regular BOTS

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
On the bright side it looks like there's some very hard shit chosen this round

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I am not a fan of AC/DC. In fact I used to always say " Hell's Bells I fucking hate AC/DC" not a knock on anyones choice I just don't care for them, I don't care for a lot of things.

One of the problems is Rock Stations. My rock station plays Metal and Rock interchangeably. Which is why there is fluidity in people's minds. Like within 5 songs I'll get Slipknot, Disturbed,, Metallica, AC/DC, Van Halen, and The Pretty Reckless. And the reason for that is Ad dollars advertisers don't really appreciate metal they, some of them don't understand themselves it's it's own thing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I am not a fan of AC/DC. In fact I used to always say " Hell's Bells I fucking hate AC/DC" not a knock on anyones choice I just don't care for them, I don't care for a lot of things.

One of the problems is Rock Stations. My rock station plays Metal and Rock interchangeably. Which is why there is fluidity in people's minds. Like within 5 songs I'll get Slipknot, Disturbed,, Metallica, AC/DC, Van Halen, and The Pretty Reckless. And the reason for that is Ad dollars advertisers don't really appreciate metal they, some of them don't understand themselves it's it's own thing.
I miss late 90s and early 00s metal stations. we even had one in Ottawa. Didn't last though

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

How I approached it was by the intro of the song. Honestly that's all you hear in any used songs by wrestlers. If the intro didn't get me I don't care.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and yes, advertisers suck, they see music as a product and not art

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
no doubt Wang

you need either an amazing hook right of the bat, or a slow defining buildup to the big ''pop'' - and it can't take 50 seconds to get there. 10-15 max

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
To be clear I'm not really that bothered that Hell's Bells was chosen due to its genre, I just don't like AC/DC or that song in particular, since when I was a kid I'd always be disappointed that it wasn't For Whom The Bell Tolls But also, I really don't see the need to stretch the parameters of "metal" to include hard rock, which to me, pretty clearly falls outside of metal even if you can make a case for some shit ambiguously being metal-ish, when you can just like... choose an actual metal song. But that's just my thoughts.
That how I feel everytime I hear a song that has been bastardized by Icky Minaj, Kid Rock and everyone who thinks it sounds good. In fact American Badass made me super angry thenfirst time ai heard it