Sid No shows An Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
EWN

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

As we noted earlier here on the website, "Psycho" Sid Vicious no-showed last night's Pro Wrestling Syndicate show in Rahway, New Jersey. Sid was supposed to face Matt Hardy as Hardy had been hyping the match up with numerous YouTube videos over the past several weeks.

It was announced to the live crowd earlier in the evening that Sid never got on his plane and would not be appearing. Later in the show, the promoter came to the ring, grabbed a microphone and called Sid out. When he didn't appear, the promoter (Pat Buck) got on a loud speaker and called Sid's cell phone. There was no answer so he left a voicemail so Sid could hear the fans booing him. The promoter then gave out Sid’s personal phone number so they could call him as well. As noted earlier, this was his real cell phone number. Clearly, the promoter was pissed off.

Hardy faced Jay Lethal, who came out impersonating Sid and cut a promo like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: Sid No shows For PWS

Man, Sid no showing was the best thing that could've happened! The show became way more entertaining due to it! His number being given out and a voice message of the fans booing him, that's hilarious! Plus I'd rather see Lethal, especially Lethal acting like Sid then actual Sid!

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I would kill to see Lethal doing Sid

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I have no problem with the promoter leaving a voice mail of the crowd, but giving out his number is a dick move.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have no problem with the promoter leaving a voice mail of the crowd, but giving out his number is a dick move.
I have to agree with Mr. Linebacker here.

I understand Sid no showing was mighty assholish of him but giving out his personal phone number is BS. It's not called for.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nash doing Sid was always entertaining so this should be as well

Castiel

Reaction score
Sid has called PWS Co-Owner Eric Tapout five hours after he was supposed to board his flight saying "Hey Eric man, I was at the deli
buying a soda and somebody stole my wallet so I have no ID". Buck explained to the crowd that three additions have been added
to the event to make up for Sid's absence. Refunds were offered, nobody asked for one.

If that's true and Sid actually wasn't able to make it due to someone stealing his wallet I'd feel like a real dick for giving his number out.... PWS posted this on their Facebook page a few hours ago:

Here is Sid's flight information from the flight he did not board to get to PWS Super Card 2012 because he simply did not care about wrestling in front of you fans. Sid's phone was called from the middle of the PWS ring last night as 927 people voiced their frustrations at him. And yes , if you missed the number being read out last night ... here it is .

430401_363810663652083_171141026252382_1137030_1872702288_n.jpg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
this promoter's being a real asshole about this. Wrestler's no show, turn the air blue, then move on and don't do business with them again. No clue why he's so intent on ruining how Sid makes his living because he dare miss his poxy little Indy show.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
this guy is being a real cunthead...is an over the hill wrestler no showing really ruining your promotion if so...maybe u should find a new way to make money

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
this promoter's being a real asshole about this. Wrestler's no show, turn the air blue, then move on and don't do business with them again. No clue why he's so intent on ruining how Sid makes his living because he dare miss his poxy little Indy show.
Seriously. He probably forgets Sid has made a few friends in this industry and I bet PWS is going to start getting quite a few more no shows.

Castiel

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is really in the right here, Sid no showed, Buck is being a total tool, fuck both. I wish we knew if Sid was telling the truth or not about why he couldn't show but I doubt he is, so the only good person in this story is "Psycho" Jay Lethal!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't think anyone is really in the right here, Sid no showed, Buck is being a total tool, fuck both. I wish we knew if Sid was telling the truth or not about why he couldn't show but I doubt he is, so the only good person in this story is "Psycho" Jay Lethal!
It isn't about being right. Sid if he in fact just no showed the event is a dick. But that doesn't give the promoter the right to reveal his personal contact info or harass him through Facebook.

Jake is right, that if he is that rattled by a guy long past his prime no showing his event, he needs to close shop.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Giving out his phone number at the show was a dick move, doing it online was an even bigger dick move. I hope no one shows up for his shows from now on.