show / floyd changes - Benjamin push and more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

# WWE turned Floyd Mayweather into a full-fledged heel and Big Show into a face backed by the WWE wrestlers in the weigh-in angle tonight. Going with the natural crowd reaction, it came across well, with Show picking up Mayweather and throwing him over the top rope onto several wrestlers. The spot will likely be replayed not only for the next few weeks but probably for years to come as a far better version of the Muhammad Ali/Gorilla Monsoon spot. Mayweather got up selling like he injured his elbow, which for all we know, it's possible he really did. This led to Mayweather's posse and the wrestlers going at it in a wild scene.

# It was also announced on RAW that Vince, er, Mr. McMahon will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this Friday. Congrats Vince!

# WWE has developed cold feet (once again) towards the push of Shelton Benjamin.

I just saw it i am not sure if its posted Before but if it is i am sorry if not than thoughts on it ?

The Rated R CMStar

This is the smart thing to do. Floyd was getting booed like crazy, and the jet just didn't arrive....

Make Show the face and then make him heel when this feud is over, as simple as that

Soulpower

WWE has developed cold feet (once again) towards the push of Shelton Benjamin.

Fuck this... Its cause he's black, ain't it?

C4

^ Why don't you ever use the quote button?

That's a good decision to turn Mayweather heel, Big Show is just plain face and he just returned so he has to remain a babyface, Mayweather sucks big time!

McLovin

Reaction score
I don't think Benjamin is right for WWE, from what I have seen in the past couple of years, Benjamin has gone on standby.

Reaction score
it is 'cause he's black.....as far as Mayweather and Big Show are concerned....I've said it from the beginning.....Show in my eyes was always the face

CenaMark54

WWE has developed cold feet (once again) towards the push of Shelton Benjamin.

Fuck this... Its cause he's black, ain't it?

Most defintely. Its also why Show tossed MME out of the ring and tried to hurt him.

Marvel26

Reaction score
As soon as I saw the weigh in I got a bit confused about who was playing the face and who was playing the heel. Thanks for the clarification.

Benjamin is talented but the highest I see him going in the WWE is the IC belt. I can't even see him with the ECW Heavyweight title. It's not because he's black but I just don't think his style fits in. Its a cross between amateur wrestler and high flyer...odd mix!

Soulpower

Most defintely. Its also why Show tossed MME out of the ring and tried to hurt him.

You know how it is. White boy always trying to keep the homeys down!

CenaMark54

As soon as I saw the weigh in I got a bit confused about who was playing the face and who was playing the heel. Thanks for the clarification.

Benjamin is talented but the highest I see him going in the WWE is the IC belt. I can't even see him with the ECW Heavyweight title. It's not because he's black but I just don't think his style fits in. Its a cross between amateur wrestler and high flyer...odd mix!

I personally think its his inability to get over with the fans that holds him back. No one really cares about him. Until he shows that he can consistently connect with the fans he won't hold any belt.

The WWE has given him plenty of opportunities to get over. They put him in a stable, they gave him a few IC test drives, they put him over HHH. I don't know what it's going to take to get him over. I think he is basically destined to be a career midcarder who is only over at Wrestlemania in front of the smarky crowds who love his spots.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Exactly what I was going to say. The reason Benjamin's career hasn't advanced is because he sucks on the mic and he can't get the fans to care about him. Personally I don't like him, he's great in the ring, but he sucks so bad at every other aspect of professional wrestling that I don't like him and hope he doesn't get pushed. The WWE got cold feet about pushing Jeff Hardy and evidently that was the right move so they should stick with their gut instincts.

As far as the Mayweather roles reversing I couldn't be happier. That segment yesterday was absolute gold. That was far and away the most natural he's sounded on the mic since this thing started and I don't think it was a conicidence that it was because he was playing the heel. He's clearly a natural heel and I'm pretty excited to see how this goes the rest of the way with the roles reversed. Also Show can play the heel and the face equally well so I'm not worried about that. Besides he just made his comeback so having him as a face for a little while will be fine.

HBKforever

Reaction score
I agree with the fact that he doesn't have very good mic skills, but I don't think it's crowd connection. When he got over HHH, he was very well received by the fans but was then bumped down. Fact is he is one of the best in ring performers in the WWE right now. He does things in the ring that no one else can do. I think a run with the ECW title will do wonders for him. Personally I think that he should've had a gimmick similar to what MVP has right now, but unfortunatly he doesn't have the mic skills to pull it off. It's not a black thing either....look at John Morrison. He has great mic skills, great in ring skills, and sure he had a run with the ECW belt but now he's gone down to working with miz and wrestling colin delany for God's sake. Shelton still has a ton of potential and I think that if he at least got into the ECW title picture, that it would help.