Shoutbox

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kiddo

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe this site can have a shoutbox?. We can talk to other members, post your thoughts on shows etc.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
kiddo said:
I was thinking maybe this site can have a shoutbox?. We can talk to other members, post your thoughts on shows etc.

I think this has been suggested a few times, and has been rejected because it may be abused IIRC.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
why not do it in the disscussion threads?

Xanth

Stuff
Reaction score
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
exactly just do it in the threads

kiddo

Reaction score
Lacky said:
I think this has been suggested a few times, and has been rejected because it may be abused IIRC.

What is IIRC? and i had a shoutbox on a fed i run for wwe 12 for the playstation we started off on mybb then moved to ipb. but anyway you can set the limit so it doesn't get abused. like if someone posts a shout they can't post another one for the amount of time the admins set up. like example my forum had a limit of 40 secs. once a member posted a shoutbox, they had to wait 40 secs to post another.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
recall correctly* actually :eek:tunga:

But yeah, this isn't going to be added. I'm paranoid due to numerous security breaches in many previous shoutboxes, and even if it was secure it would still reduce forum activity which means less content.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I offered a better alternative a while ago, and I still think it's a great one. No effect on activity either as it's 1on1 chat. (group chat optional)
http://www.arrowchat.com/