Should WWE Change the WWE Championship design with Rock as Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Now that Rock is Champion, can you see WWE Changing the design of the WWE title now? I know this discussion comes up a lot every few months, but can you see it happening now? Would they use a new title, or go back to an old design like they did for the IC title. With Rock and Cenas history, I can see him doing it. Why would he want to be carrying a title that Cena made?

Anyways, heres two photos with Rock and the title. Looks stupid, and kinda awkward, honestly.

R1X4jaa.jpg

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm gonna say the same thing i say every time this thread is made which seems to be like every month.

NO! I would like a new title but this one still seems to sell really well so i doubt Vince would change it.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
If they have something better than this ok but something worse just no. Especially a special belt for Rock. It is just being TNA. Please no special belt to Rock. But if WWE has a plan to change the belt, it's just damn time.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If they have something better than this ok but something worse just no. Especially a special belt for Rock. It is just being TNA. Please no special belt to Rock. But if WWE has a plan to change the belt, it's just damn time.

WWE did it before TNA...WITH THE ROCK, so I could easily see them bring back the Brahma Bull Belt.

While fab has a point about the belt selling well, however If you have a hot item and change the belt for at least a few months you'll have two hot belts. People will be trying to get the new belt while also trying to get the old belt (collecting or just not having the new option) But the great thing about fans is if there is a new belt they'll buy it up too.

Question is why they've never changed the WHC if it doesn't do as well as the other belt why not try to make it more similar. If it's cause Cena hasn't had it give it to him you think you'd want both selling as much as possible.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
The title was NEVER a good idea. I don't care how many 43 year old, living in mom's basement, pedophile losers and little kids buy Jorts Doucheington's Wigger Spinner belt. It looks like trash and needs to go.

They wasted a GOLDEN opportunity after CM Punk won the championship at Money in the Bank 2011 to film a segment where CM Punk would cut a worked shoot promo about the Wigger Spinner and how it defaced the legacy of the Hogan/Bret/Austin/Rock "Eagle Wings" Championship Belt. Then he could have thrown it into a wood chipper to the delight of the IWC and smarks in the live audience and then introduce a new design.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Rock looks like a boss in that pic on the right.

This is a pretty common theme for a thread and yes I do think that it is time for a change in design. Cena's belt sells really well but if they bring in a new design it is going to sell well anyway as there are plenty of people out there that collect the belts. If they bring it in with The Rock wearing it then they get a ton of free promotion worldwide and it would be the best time to start a new marketing campaign for the new belt. I expected them to bring in a new belt when CM Punk reached a year as champion or at one of the anniversary RAW's. Sooner or later it will happen.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Undisputed Title Design/Winged Eagle title design or GTFO.

Oh, and just to clarify, the World Heavyweight Title is the best looking title.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
WWE did it before TNA...WITH THE ROCK, so I could easily see them bring back the Brahma Bull Belt.

While fab has a point about the belt selling well, however If you have a hot item and change the belt for at least a few months you'll have two hot belts. People will be trying to get the new belt while also trying to get the old belt (collecting or just not having the new option) But the great thing about fans is if there is a new belt they'll buy it up too.

Question is why they've never changed the WHC if it doesn't do as well as the other belt why not try to make it more similar. If it's cause Cena hasn't had it give it to him you think you'd want both selling as much as possible.

I know that also there are Smoking Skull Belt, Edge's Rated R belt but nowadays it just doesn't seem right to me, I said Hardy as an example.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As a rule I am against them changing the design of the title just to suit a certain wrestler. Also it is unlikely that the Rock will be champion for long anyway. So its a no for me.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't know why The Rock of all people should usher in a new title design. Sure he's arguably the biggest superstar of all time, but it doesn't make sense to me for anyone from ten years ago to do it. Even if the belt is non-superstar specific as I think it should be, shouldn't the mark of a new era be introduced by someone who actually represents that era? I'm not Rock hating, it just doesn't make sense.

But I guess if I can see it happening, which I can, I won't act surprised when it does.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
With Rock and Cenas history, I can see him doing it. Why would he want to be carrying a title that Cena made?
Then what happens just a month or so later when Cena beats The Rock for the title, will he then throw that in the bin and debut another new title because he doesn't wanna carry a title The Rock created?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Then what happens just a month or so later when Cena beats The Rock for the title, will he then throw that in the bin and debut another new title because he doesn't wanna carry a title The Rock created?

That title was almost made for Cena exclusively. The fact that its still around is because it sells well, and is popular with a younger audience. Rock could debut a new COMPANY title, and not one specific to him. Something that can represent anyone. The TNA World title (Not the Hardy one) is the perfect example of that. It's like the world title, wasn't made or meant for anyone.

Reactions: 1 person

TheBeast

Reaction score
They should of changed the design years ago, not just because of the Rock taking the strap. Bring back the attitude era design

Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ignoring the obvious fact the belt was designed for the "John Cena era", it's still ridiculous considering spinners don't even look good on cars anymore. That whole phase died out about 5 years ago and a respectable belt is in order. Very few wrestlers can pull the look of a serious champion off with that thing. But WWE doesn't need to bring back an old design, they just need to design one that isn't childish and demands respect.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That title was almost made for Cena exclusively. The fact that its still around is because it sells well, and is popular with a younger audience. Rock could debut a new COMPANY title, and not one specific to him. Something that can represent anyone. The TNA World title (Not the Hardy one) is the perfect example of that. It's like the world title, wasn't made or meant for anyone.

Exactly, bring in a new generic company title not one specific to a single wrestler. Switch the title to a WWE title that works on every wrestler.

I am just talking about Rock debuting it since he would get it the most attention and have it viewed by the largest number of potential buyers.