Should wrestlers be aloud to wear sponsers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Was watching some of the NASCAR Daytona 500 today and noticed how much freaking sponsors and loaded everywhere. What are your thoughttgoughts about WWE talent wearing logos of sponsors as apartment of their ring/entrance attire? Brock already does with Jimmy John's. What about the other guys? There would be great money in it for them.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I honestly have no problem with it. I doubt WWE will let it go any further than Lesnar though.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to see...I mean I'm just trying
to imagine some examples that would make "sense" from
a "character" perspective.

Bayley with a Toy"R"Us logo on the butt of her tights...(We
all know that's prime real estate) & Jinder Mahal with a protein
powder brand painted on his back immediately spring to mind...

But...

According to CM Punk (on the Colt Cabana podcast...yes I
took time out to listen to it...& it was pretty interesting)
Lesnar is the only one with that "privilege" & the only one
that will ever have it...although I'd be curious to see if an
exception is made for Ronda Rousey...well when she
eventually starts to wrestle & not just show up to point at
things.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I think the reason for them not having any brands on certain wrestlers is because they don't need it as much as other companies do. Most of the wrestlers are very happy with what they're getting paid and get to do certain brand deals on social media and TV on top of that anyways.
Besides, it would have to be a really neutral brand that could work on either a babyface or a heel, given the nature of the business where characters and their beliefs can change at any given time.

The reason why it would have, somewhat, worked for Punk was because his character at that point was being a guy who wanted to make more out of his name than what the company wanted. So for him to have a sponsor would have added to that rebel persona. But then again, Punk also wanted to come back in MMA shorts, which would have been god awful for a guy who'd still wrestle the traditional style, so I get why WWE tried to kinda back out of that whole mess.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as you choose the right people for it and who's attire would fit a brand well, like Styles' or New Day's for example. But due to the fact that pro wrestling is a really special thing, there are a lot of people that are already out of question just because of their gimmick alone, so I wouldn't expect people like Taker, Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman to come out with a 5 hour energy logo on their attire

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
In moderation. I'd hate to see Sheamus and Cesaro cutting about with a load of adverts on their jackets, but one or two on their wrestling gear wouldn't really bother me.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Should they be *allowed to? On one hand, could provide some nice marketing opportunities for wrestlers and help get them more exposure to pop culture. On the other hand...to some wrestlers, it can hurt the mystique of their characters.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other. :neutral:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I remember when this was brought up with NBA jerseys. I mean if they can make extra income this way, go for it but if it ends up like NASCAR then it would just be awful.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
NASCAR is totally different.. Each driver is nothing without sponsor's, their cars are covered in it. They do whatever they can to promote it at all times. Sometimes they can't find a ride without sponsor's. Back in the day they never use to have it all over their cars until Richard Petty came around... In WWE they don't need outside sponsor's to become successful.. I don't know the reason they don't allow it, maybe because they want to feel 100% control over everything.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
NASCAR is totally different.. Each driver is nothing without sponsor's, their cars are covered in it.
Very true...those teams need the money just to have a car be in the league itself...

In WWE they don't need outside sponsor's to become successful..
True...but it wouldn't hurt...

I don't know the reason they don't allow it, maybe because they want to feel 100% control over everything.
Yeah...that about sums it up.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
NASCAR is totally different.. Each driver is nothing without sponsor's, their cars are covered in it. They do whatever they can to promote it at all times. Sometimes they can't find a ride without sponsor's. Back in the day they never use to have it all over their cars until Richard Petty came around... In WWE they don't need outside sponsor's to become successful.. I don't know the reason they don't allow it, maybe because they want to feel 100% control over everything.
I know it is different, just saying it in terms of them being covered with multiple sponcers. It would look awful.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If it worked like Nascar and sponsors came to the wrestlers, the idea that (hypothetically) Wendy's is a big enough fan of Finn Balor to offer Balor a sponsorship deal with a little Wendy's logo on the side of his trunks would make Balor seem like a bigger deal I guess. But it wouldn't work like that and... well... :notsure:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
If it worked like Nascar and sponsors came to the wrestlers, the idea that (hypothetically) Wendy's is a big enough fan of Finn Balor to offer Balor a sponsorship deal with a little Wendy's logo on the side of his trunks would make Balor seem like a bigger deal I guess. But it wouldn't work like that and... well...
:notsure:
"Pop into Wendy's to try the new "Demon Burger!" Featuring a charcoal blackened
meat patty & tonnes of extra ketchup!"

*Cuts to a Wendy's with all the customers raising their arms in time with Balor's music*

I'm sorry...but I wouldn't want to see Balor with Wendy's logos on any part of his attire.

I think for some wrestlers it could work...like a perfume company working with Maryse...
or a Chainsaw company wanting to cast Braun Strowman in their commercials.

I think the only way most WWE stars are allowed to work with "branded" products
is to create their own...much like the Bella twins having their own lingerie line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
idk about letting them be aloud to wear them, but they can certainly think quietly about it to themselves. As long as they're not making noise, it's cool by me brother. HH