Should we start getting ready for Number 15?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
It's the big pink elephant in the room. You just know Triple H will return for Summerslam, not only does the product actually need him (Cena is not enough as a top show babyface and Orton is dreading water in midcard PPV gimmickery), but WWE needs his star power to sell the event.

Now, the question rises, how do you see the return of the King of Kings going down? The most obvious (and actually, the one that makes the most sense) scenario presents Sheamus vs Triple H for the WWE Championship. The Game succesfully managed to put the irish wrestler over as a credible main event player and Cena has been good in the follow up, and a sledgehammer swinging returning Game facing the Irish Champion in some hardcore stipulation match would be great.

Then again, we could also get Sheamus vs HHH as an undercard match, not happening for the belt, or we could have Cena vs HHH for the championship, with them having HHH's revenge against Sheamus happening in a Number One Contender's Match, hell, Triple H could even return tied to the NXT angle or in a long stretch, Taker's attack in some sort of HBK revenge.

I am staying with Sheamus vs HHH for the gold, but what are your thoughts?

CMS

Reaction score
It's the big pink elephant in the room. You just know Triple H will return for Summerslam, not only does the product actually need him (Cena is not enough as a top show babyface and Orton is dreading water in midcard PPV gimmickery), but WWE needs his star power to sell the event.

Now, the question rises, how do you see the return of the King of Kings going down? The most obvious (and actually, the one that makes the most sense) scenario presents Sheamus vs Triple H for the WWE Championship. The Game succesfully managed to put the irish wrestler over as a credible main event player and Cena has been good in the follow up, and a sledgehammer swinging returning Game facing the Irish Champion in some hardcore stipulation match would be great.

Then again, we could also get Sheamus vs HHH as an undercard match, not happening for the belt, or we could have Cena vs HHH for the championship, with them having HHH's revenge against Sheamus happening in a Number One Contender's Match, hell, Triple H could even return tied to the NXT angle or in a long stretch, Taker's attack in some sort of HBK revenge.

I am staying with Sheamus vs HHH for the gold, but what are your thoughts?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Title match sounds the most likely....

They could still reveal him as the man that put Taker out, some-when down the line too. Keep it under wraps (not like that big red blueberry Kane is likely to unravel the true identity of the attacker in a hurry) and have it heat up in time for WM.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Title match sounds the most likely....

They could still reveal him as the man that put Taker out, some-when down the line too. Keep it under wraps (not like that big red blueberry Kane is likely to unravel the true identity of the attacker in a hurry) and have it heat up in time for WM.

hbkfan

Reaction score
hhh vs shamus for the title will problay be what happens

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with a returning Trips running down to the ring with his trusty Sledgey in hand, Helping save John Cena from nexus.

Then Cena and Trips wwe's Super hero's, Will take out nexus.

Thus then leaving Trips to Go after Sheamus for revenge at Summer Slam. With HHH winning the title. And holding it for a wee while.

Then hopefully we will get a MUCH needed heel turn in time for Mania next year.

CMS

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind Cena and HHH teaming up during this "Invasion angle". Might give us a hint about what would have happened had Triple H not gotten injured in 2001 and miss the WCW angle.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind Cena and HHH teaming up during this "Invasion angle". Might give us a hint about what would have happened had Triple H not gotten injured in 2001 and miss the WCW angle.

Well that's what im hoping happens. I will be a pretty happy bunny :). But i will be a pretty happy marking the fuck out bunny regardless what he does when he returns anyway :D

noumenon

Reaction score
Title match with Sheamus seems the most likely, though the promo with Arn Anderson telling Sheamus that him avoiding the Nexus is going to bite him in his ass seems a bit of a foreshadow. If HHH is revealed as the leader of Nexus it won't likely be until Summerslam... or perhaps after... to hold off a little more of the surprise factor.

Reaction score
I want Trips to comeback, lose to Sheamus by DQ, keeping the strap on Sheamus and Trips looking good. Trips is beyond the title, as is Cena, to the point that it hurts the title more than it helps the company to put it on them. Use that belt to build credible future stars like Sheamus, but it's really time to change the look of the belt. There was a Cena interview last month that even he thinks it's time to change the look and said it was "too gaudy" and I agree.

But after the Sheamus blowoff it's time to put Hunter into the Nexus mix, only to turn face after three or so months and then feud with Barrett, with Barrett as champ.

...god...

Reaction score
Why the fuck would Triple H possibly be the leader of the Nexus? What the fucking fuck? So glad none of you book for WWE, could possibly make it for TNA though. Like, that has to make the least sense out of ANYTHING and would completely contradict Triple H's character for the past 4 years. He doesn't need anybody's help, he stated he will never carry luggage again and will be solo, he's let Cena intentionally into a triple threat for his title because he knows he's the best and he's beaten Cena multiple fucking times, why would he need them? Why would he help anyone else when he never has? I don't understand this. The best possible scenario ever would be for him to be the one who put the Undertaker out, but now it's lost so much steam (like expected) that it wouldn't be nearly as amazing if they pulled the trigger sooner and just left this Nexus shit out of it, so that other almost identical 'mystery' angle element would be so much greater.

Axis

Reaction score
Hopefully he tears his quad, just sayin'.

Reaction score
Triple H is getting older, so him being the leader would safe his ass from embarrasment of low in ring performance and he will have more time in preparing for the promos. Vince can't say no to the Steeeeeeeeeeph-shagger! "/