Should TNA Sign Cryme Tyme?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
Come on look at the facts:

- Cryme Tyme was released while their popularity was still soaring, in terms of crowd reaction, there wasn't a better tag team in the WWE

- Cryme Tyme has been the high point standard of the WWE tag team division for the last few weeks now, so their name value is pretty high right now

- TNA could offer them more exposure than they get from going over to Japan to work similar to what they did with Angle & Tomko

- Besides, this is one of those times where signing former WWE guys would prove to be beneficial for TNA

Imagine if you will Team Pacman rather than the attacks of Killings while Pacman stands by "autographing" people, give Cryme Tyme a less comical face gimmick, turn them heel and add them to Team Pacman. The Team Pacman gimmick would be a lot more effective and entertaining if there were more members. Gang attacks generally are more effective when there is more than one person doing the attacking. The popularity of Cryme Tyme would add so much more to the gimmick.

What do you think?

Dairydude

Reaction score
I think TNA has enough tag teams for now, and when they need a new one they just throw Shark Boy into a team with someone.

Cryme Tyme were great, but they'd need to be Cryme Tyme to still be great. If they came in as any other name, it just wouldn't work.

It's like Kane going to TNA to be someone else.
It wouldn't work because he's Kane and no-one else. The gimmick is the man, not the other way around

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
Cryme Tyme are two good talents that made a good tag team with a great gimmick in the WWE. But what is TNA going to do with Cryme Tyme. The people don't really give a way that the company could use a team and give them a gimmick that is going to benefit the company in the best way.

The Cryme Tyme (thug stealing money gimmick) has already been used in the WWE and you need a new name for that team. Cryme Tyme was pretty much perfect and is copyrighted by World Wrestling Entertainment. I don't really see a good passage way for them in TNA right now. I think a better spot for them would be in Ring of Honor until TNA can come up with a good gimmick for them if they can.

Dairydude

Reaction score
the best they could do in TNA, is be crIme tIme, and be the exact same people

but God forbid TNA book people well!

3lions

Reaction score
I still think we'll see Cryme Tyme back in WWE one day, but I could easily see TNA picking them up in the mean time. Cryme Tyme vs LAX would be a great feud - for the promo ability alone. Then there is the opportunity to add them to the Team Pacman tandem, even though I doubt that will last long and there are doubts whther Team Pacman will even still be around by the time CT's no compete clause is up (30 days).

Also, like DairyDude already said, TNA already have enough teams at the moment. But if they were to disband the random teams (Young/Shark Boy, Hoyt/Rave, etc.), then there would be room. The division would then consist of the Steiners, Team 3D (who I think will leave soon), Cryme Tyme, LAX, XXX and VKM. That's one hell of a strong Tag Division.

Note: Crime Time is still an enfrindgement on the copyright of Cryme Tyme, as it sounds the same and WWE could easily sue TNA if that name was used. The Brooklyn Ballers is an option lol

JHar888

Reaction score
Cryme Tyme would be a great addition to the TNA roster, but maybe unsignable for now, because TNA is saving up for the big man, Brock Lesnar. But if TNA does, it will be very good for their organization having a strong tag team on iMPACT! to face some of the best of their tag team division now. Hopefully though, TNA will be able to work something out with them.

sweetj14

Reaction score
WWE copyrighted the names JTG and Shad Gaspard as well. Not just Cryme Tyme/Crime Time.

gashface

Reaction score
I do think Cryme Tyme would be a good move in the short term, but there's the problem of the name, and the fact that Team Pacman already have a similar gimmick. But once the initial woo! was over, I doubt they'd have much long term success.

Also there's sooo many freaking tag teams in TNA at the moment, no time to shine for the cryme tyme.

Wow.. wayyy too much rhyming.

phantomgerald

WWE copyrighted the names JTG and Shad Gaspard as well. Not just Cryme Tyme/Crime Time.

I don't think the WWE could have. The copyright doesn't protect real names from being used again.

As for whether Cryme Tyme should be signed, hell yeah I think they should. They have great promo skills and can actually wrestle. I think TNA should sign them up. The amount of tag teams isn't that much. If Team 3d and VKM(who apparently have alot of backstage heat) leave, then it'll be left with the MCMG, Steiners, LAX and XXX, which isn't alot.

gashface

Reaction score
Yeah the guys would have to be Blue to let the WWE copyright their own fricken names.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Guys, aren't we forgetting something?

Isn't this what we all want TNA to NOT do?! By "this," I mean push WWE talent rather than their originals, as is suggested in my sig. You guys are just supporting what you've been bashing TNA about.