Should this place be wrestling themed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
My family now owns what used to be Stick and Stein Sports Bar and right now, renovations are being made. It's opening in the beginning of June and I'm wondering, should this be pro wrestling themed? There is no wrestling themed place around here to watch Raw, Impact, PPVs, etc. around here. So I'm wondering, should this be wrestling themed? I'm thinking yes. You can see the listing here.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16664755/707-N-SEPULVEDA-BLVD-El-Segundo-CA/

Pretty big place and is good for when it's expected to get really busy. If Victoria can pull this off, I think we can as well. Hell, it could be WWEF night if you guys came in.

WarMachine1

Reaction score
Before you get on us about that, we definitely know a little something about owning a restaurant. While we never have, some relatives have and they'll back us up.

Soselo

Jobber
Reaction score
I personally don't think it should be.

Being wrestling themed could put some people off who don't like Wrestling, entering a niche market is risky and this might be too big of a risk. A sports bar would be a better option, you could have WWE nights though for PPV's.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Depends on if the people living there like wrestling or not.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, not the best idea to have it revolve around wrestling as that could end up turning some people off. Nice looking restaurant, though.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The wrestling audience is a pretty niche audience unfortunately. I would love to go to a place like that, that way I never have to host RAW or PPV's at my house ever again lol

If you went the route of a MMA/Wrestling theme, you could get away with showing wrestling. A lot of MMA fans are closet wrestling fans anyway, so they'll come if MMA is on the sign.

WarMachine1

Reaction score
I guess I'll take you guys' advice and do sports and then put MMA. That way, people will come in for everything. I mean in the Attitude Era or a little bit after that, something like this would have worked great but now with what we have currently with wrestling, it wouldn't be a good idea

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If you do it sports themed you can sneak in wrestling without a problem. Old wrestling posters and such.

Soselo

Jobber
Reaction score
If you do it sports themed you can sneak in wrestling without a problem. Old wrestling posters and such.
Exactly.

Advertise for all sports but have certain wrestling nights. Raw, PPVs, etc.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I would have a WWE section, not the whole place. Get the WWE network in the place and you'll be all set, lol.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Although I would mark my ass off for a place that had dinner tables that were like the announcer's tables on RAW. TV's in em for watching the 'E while you eat and everything man. That would be suh-weet.

Soselo

Jobber
Reaction score
If you're opening up in June than a good idea would be set up a fantasy football league at the bar, change an entry fee but have a good prize for the winner.

Have multiple TV's at the bar showing different NFL games so people will come and watch the games to see how they are doing.

Solid Snake

You want to attract many different people. Go with making it a sports in general themed place. This way, non-wrestling fans will feel welcomed and vice versa. Not many single sport bars/restaurants do well. Mix it up in decor, adding a little of everything. Do local teams first, then add in MMA, Boxing, Wrestling, ect word of mouth with bring wrestling fans in.

Reactions: WarMachine1

WarMachine1

Reaction score
I would have a WWE section, not the whole place. Get the WWE network in the place and you'll be all set, lol.

The place has two separate rooms for the bar and the dining room, so I can probably do that. I'll do the Fantasy Football thing at Sose's suggestion. I need to come up with a fee for that and definitely a good prize for the winner. Will probably do the same for wrestling for every PPV. There's room for at least 100 TVs here and will definitely be getting the WWE Network

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
If you get multiple T.Vs, try having different sections. Football section, Baseball section, Wrestling section, and so on.