Should they have waited?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
kevinowenswithcat.jpg

The whole Kevin Owens storyline felt pointless since he returned after only missing one week.

Like if they really wanted it to stick, he should have been gone longer and continued to play a role on social media down talking RAW and WWE to really sell it like he did quit. It could have made for a really solid story but of course, they don't think long term and rush something else.

Do you think they should have waited? How would you have booked this?

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
kevinowenswithcat.jpg

The whole Kevin Owens storyline felt pointless since he returned after only missing one week.

Like if they really wanted it to stick, he should have been gone longer and continued to play a role on social media down talking RAW and WWE to really sell it like he did quit. It could have made for a really solid story but of course, they don't think long term and rush something else.

Do you think they should have waited? How would you have booked this?
200.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
"A solid story".. It's great that you're so optimistic about their storytelling ability.. but WWE isn't very creative anymore.
Maybe I should have emphasized "could have". They did the KO and Jericho story good in my opinion but everything else for the burly bear has almost entirely sucked.

hiraethtimes

The Artiste
Reaction score
Here's the problem, WWE doesn't know how to do long term anymore. Kevin is a talent that gets people to watch every week and they can't lose a big guys like that. He might not be a top star right now but he is damn sure entertaining. That is what they need right now. If it was me I would have kept him off TV for a while and waited for the right time/storyline to bring him back.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Not surprised tbh.

Remember when CM Punk won the WWE Title and stole it from WWE. So important that they had to find another champion, screw over Rey Mysterio, etc, only for Punk to return 2 weeks later?

I've lost trust in WWE storytelling a long time ago. They don't plan past 2-3 weeks.

You guys hear about Velveteen Dream doing some EVOLVE shows? Could've easily called up Gabe and had him book Kevin for a couple shows, too.

But nah, they had him quit to return the very next week to attack Bob Lashley, of all people.

Reactions: bullyballmm

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Maybe I should have emphasized "could have". They did the KO and Jericho story good in my opinion but everything else for the burly bear has almost entirely sucked.

Jericho and Owen's was fantastic. Maybe the last great story they did.. but they haven't done any great storytelling in 2018.. They could've done a better job if they fire all the monkey's and hire some real writers with creativity.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I just wanna know Owens motives. He quit. Then he returned the next week. Then he attacked Bobby Lashley. Wtf.

The reason WWE doesn't do long term booking anymore is because their fans are impatient ass holes. 'We want heel Ambrose Noooow!!!' holy shit let them tell a story jeeze.

But yeah, Owens quiting was pointless. It just makes him look like a brat. Which is a good thing since he is a heel. He lost to Seth and he took he's ball home, then the next week he wants to play with the other kids again. Classic heel. Or classic kid that is just asking to get bullied.

Owens got so frustrated that he did something based on he's emotions. Now he has gone back on he's word cuz he is a dick. So I guess there is a point.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
But yeah, Owens quiting was pointless. It just makes him look like a brat.
The only one to get over as a brat and coward was the Miz. This doesn't work for everyone and I am not sure why they keep trying it.
Like the whole "heel guy is a coward, complainer, quicker" move. Just let it go.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The only one to get over as a brat and coward was the Miz. This doesn't work for everyone and I am not sure why they keep trying it.
Like the whole "heel guy is a coward, complainer, quicker" move. Just let it go.
It's not cowardly though. It's Owens being Owens. KO quitting then returning the next week is a KO thing to do.

Also I don't think Miz is the only one. Triple H's entire character was him wanting people to think he is a Viking warrior but really he is a coward.

Reactions: Snowman1