Should there be a ?/10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
So its become appearnt that not everyone seems to understand that the rate threads and the polls are for those who have wacthed the show, and your only really supposed to rate the show if you have watched it, as nobody is gonna take you seriously if you give a show a rating yet havent watched any of it. So i got an idea, what if we replaced 0/10 with ?/10, which is the score you would rate if you havent watched or not going to watch the show? as seeing who didnt watch the show is important to know.

Now we could just replace 0/10 with ?/10, or we could add a ?/10 as the new lowest option, what do yall think?

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
what do yall think?
I think you should @ me next time.

I think I want to have a burger and fries for dinner.

I think you should learn the difference between "doesn't understand how something works" and "understands exactly how something works"

I think that the idea is overall meaningless because I'm still gonna rate Dynamite (and eventually Lightning) a 0 because that is the score they deserve based off of all knowledge I have of said show(s)

I think your point is moot, because people are still allowed to vote on who is the President of the fuckin United States without paying even the slightest amount of attention to politics

I think if there's any merit to your idea for this, then it's only fair that people shouldn't be allowed to make recap/rate threads who haven't watched the show yet. First off, what's the point in having a recap at all if you don't want people who haven't seen it to vote on the show? If only the people who have already seen the show are allowed to vote, then what's even the point of a recap if everyone in the thread watched it? Secondly, how can someone be kept from voting on the show, when the person creating the thread in the first place hasn't even seen it?

czw787

Reaction score
Maybe write didn't watch/not interested

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Also speaking of @ing people to get more opinions on this topic @Jacob Peabody @Solid Snake @Solidus @Seto-san @Redboy123@ @Red Rain @Redolph! @Maporeon @Kairi HoHo @Beavie @Patriot Pants @The Gotham Priestess

Maybe write didn't watch/not interested
That could also work.

I think your point is moot, because people are still allowed to vote on who is the President of the fuckin United States without paying even the slightest amount of attention to politics
And your point is also moot because this isnt an election, not even close, that is the dumbist comparison ive ever seen.

I think if there's any merit to your idea for this, then it's only fair that people shouldn't be allowed to make recap/rate threads who haven't watched the show yet. First off, what's the point in having a recap at all if you don't want people who haven't seen it to vote on the show? If only the people who have already seen the show are allowed to vote, then what's even the point of a recap if everyone in the thread watched it? Secondly, how can someone be kept from voting on the show, when the person creating the thread in the first place hasn't even seen it?
You just said a bunch of things, and im pretty sure none of it is logical.

The key phrase of these polls has been what DID you think of the show? which implies you watched it, this is basic logic here that a fucking child can figure out with realtive ease.

If you watch the show, you rate it, if ya havent watched it, then ya dont rate it because, without having seen an episode you cant really have a opinion on that particuler episode, why? becuase this si wrestling and you have no idea what could happen, there could be an episode of Dynamite that you rate 0 but actually would have enjoyed and you'd be none the wiser.

I could go to any forum, any poll anywhere on the internet and make the point im making to you, right now, and not a single person would say im the wrong one here.

Its like going on Meta critic and finding some random show and rating it 0 and yet you havent seen a single thing on it, you may know the actors but you dont know the story, what happened, how it happened or if you would have enjoyed it, your just blindly rating it 0, having not seen it and assuming you would hate it without having actually seen it. Is it impossible for you to comprehend such a simple concept? the simple logic of it all?

And if we do end up adding this and you rate 0 then your ratings just plain invalid because there is a poll option specificly for you, having not watched the show, and also good job ignoreing my point of its important to know who did and didnt watch the show, thats kinda note worthy dont ya think? ofcourse you dont.

The recaps are there for those who either didnt watch the show but wants to know what happened, or those who missed the show and cant catch up, as for who rates as far as those who just read the recap sure, maybe they shouldnt but thats another topic for another day.

Besides, turning this into a thread may actually bring others in to give feedback aswell on this topic. And let me be VERY clear buddy, even if you rated AEW a 1 or 5 or hell even 10 id say the same thing, you didnt watch the episode, so what right to do you have to rate it? it could have been great, could have been bad, but either way you are clueless, and you skew the ratings as a result.

That is why a ?/10 would solve this, because seeing who did and didnt watch the show is a more important number then someone rating it 0 every week out of spite.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Well guess what, it is broke and this is my solution lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I appreciate you tagging me on this thread... Oh wait.. you didn't, did you? Thanks!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T TRY AND FIX IT!

I rate based on the recap 98% of the time and barely watch any wrestling nowadays... so are you telling me I'm not eligible to vote now or that I have to choose some fancy choice only for people who didn't watch? HELL TO THE NO!

I will continue to vote based on the recap.. don't want me to vote because I didn't watch the show... then stop doing the recap.. then no one would pay attention to the thread at all I'm guessing.

So in closing... just keep the rate threads as they are and stop worrying about whether or not someone watched the show or the legitimacy of their vote because they didn't.

Honestly the rate threads have no bearing on anything anyway.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It is a rating system. If you rate it "?" it kind of defeats the purpose. It isn't like voting. With voting, a "?" is fine.
I also see the benefit of rating something "didn't watch" but as Seth said, you shouldn't be posting in the rate thread at that point anyway.
As for 0/10... If you look at places outside of WWEF, very very few use a 0 in their rating.

You can easily rate it 1/10 and say "If I could give it 0, I would have." just like on Amazon when people are mad about their purchases. lol

So yeah, I think the 1 through 10 system is fine as is but I don't watch the show nor participate in the rating so this is up to you guys.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
If someone were to read the bible, but wasn't there to witness the events, does that mean they can't be a Christian? I mean after all, they didn't actually watch Jesus carry the cross or turn wine into whiskey or whatever, all they did was read a recap of it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If someone were to read the bible, but wasn't there to witness the events, does that mean they can't be a Christian? I mean after all, they didn't actually watch Jesus carry the cross or turn wine into whiskey or whatever, all they did was read a recap of it.
Was that directed at me?

Because if you want to be technical, reading the bible doesn't make you a Christian. And comparing WWE of all things to Christianity is kinda stupid... Unless you are talking to Vince.

I just meant it in the sense that if you don't know what is going on (i.e. didn't watch or don't know what is happening currently), then you shouldn't be rating the show. It makes no logical sense to give a rating to something when you don't follow what is happening. You can easily get an idea of what happened based on a recap. I have read them before, I did for several months until I lost complete interest.

Again, point being, I think the rating is fine the way it is and doesn't need anything pertaining to who watched it or a negative (or neutral depending on how you look at it) rating.

And again... again... This is for the people who partake in the weekly shows and enjoy the rate threads. I simply responded because I was tagged.

Reactions: czw787

Redboy123@

Reaction score
In general, rating stuff out of 10 annoys me. How can you give raw a 1/10? You are rating a TV show. How tf can you rate it a 1?

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Was that directed at me?

Because if you want to be technical, reading the bible doesn't make you a Christian. And comparing WWE of all things to Christianity is kinda stupid... Unless you are talking to Vince.

I just meant it in the sense that if you don't know what is going on (i.e. didn't watch or don't know what is happening currently), then you shouldn't be rating the show. It makes no logical sense to give a rating to something when you don't follow what is happening. You can easily get an idea of what happened based on a recap. I have read them before, I did for several months until I lost complete interest.

Again, point being, I think the rating is fine the way it is and doesn't need anything pertaining to who watched it or a negative (or neutral depending on how you look at it) rating.

And again... again... This is for the people who partake in the weekly shows and enjoy the rate threads. I simply responded because I was tagged.
No, wasn't directed at you. Sorry, shoulda made that more clear I guess xD Was directed at Insane since he didn't feel like my election comparison was good enough, since this is a rating and not an election, or whatever.

And I agree with your points (other than the comparing WWE to Christianity. Much like the 6 degrees of separation thing for celebs, I feel like you can compare anything to anything if you know how to properly debate lol). Can definitely rate off of a recap just as well as you can if you watched it, because you know more or less what happened, especially if you're reading an in depth recap

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
No, wasn't directed at you.
Yeah, I was a wee bit confused cause you replied shortly after me and mentioned about reading vs watching so I thought you took what I said as people can't rate based on recaps which I could see now after posting that, that it could have been taken that way so double confusion.

[Intert hits one's self with confusion Pokemon joke]

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So its become appearnt that not everyone seems to understand that the rate threads and the polls are for those who have wacthed the show, and your only really supposed to rate the show if you have watched it, as nobody is gonna take you seriously if you give a show a rating yet havent watched any of it. So i got an idea, what if we replaced 0/10 with ?/10, which is the score you would rate if you havent watched or not going to watch the show? as seeing who didnt watch the show is important to know.

Now we could just replace 0/10 with ?/10, or we could add a ?/10 as the new lowest option, what do yall think?
Instead of that... Why not just say "Didn't Watch" or something to that effect? To be honest, BETA, The "?/10" does seem pretty pointless. And I do believe that we all understand just how a rating system works, too. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.