Should the WWE have booked Cena and Mcmahon 5 years ago?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Last night when Mcmahon and Cena were going back and forth, it shed a new light on Cena and the fans were really behind him, i thought. Such strong personalities in the ring and really had one the best promo's in years i thought. Certainly one of Cena's best.

To my understanding the reason Vince didn't want to get involved with Cena was because he didn't think Cena needed the extra rub, even though he was getting a mixed reaction. Plus Vince wasn't that active of an on screen character back then.

My question is, did the WWE wait too long for Cena and Vince to interact? Would it have helped Cena back then? I think they should have had a angle years ago, when he was getting a very mixed reaction 06-07. I think it could have made the mixed reaction more in the favor of Cena. Or is the mixed reaction what made Cena, and who he is today. What do you think?

xtremebadass

That promo by Cena was truly something to see. I really don't know if Cena and Batista will be involved with Hart and McMahon now. I think Cena was used to sort of give the feud a boost to get the young fans into it. It sounded more like Batista attacked Cena for his own reasons.

Anyways Cena's promo was fantastic. I don't know if it would have worked 5 years ago though. That is right when Cena got rolling, but he sure could have used something in late 2005 if that is what you are getting at. His feud with Angle in late '05 was pretty lame. Vince could have stepped in and did something, but Cena would have just bulldozed him with the momentum he had going back then.

chessarmy

I think NOW is the time for Cena and Mcmahon to start a feud (now meaning, after Wrestlemania).

Cena wasn't this big 5 years ago, back then he was just starting to get the monster pops and the mixed reactions just started happening as well. Now though, I think the feud would do mega mega mega buys. Vince is too awesome to keep away from the camera anyways, so leaving him in an active role for a few more months after Mania won't hurt.

Reaction score
I think now is a better opportunity for two reasons.

1. Five years ago Vince had just come off a five year stint of feuding with everyone in sight. From Austin to Hogan to his own friggin children, Vince was terribly over exposed and having him face the up and coming franchise would have been dull then.

2. As said before, it's more beneficial for Cena to be more established these days for Vince to have that "ungrateful superstar" dynamic with him.

noumenon

Absolutely. Vince has been relatively inactive compared to years ago. Right time and situation for him to once again get involved with the top star in the company. It's pretty much a right off passage for the top star whether it be heel or face to feud with the boss.
I think they've been working extremely well together and Cena has been doing some of his best promo work I've heard from him in a long time. It's all coming across very real and raw, pretty enjoyable. It's a nice balance as well. Vince can cover for Batista's short comings on the mic just as Cena can do for Hart in some instances.

To go a little off topic... did anyone else think Bret was really going to hurt himself last night when he was ripping apart the equipment?

Mr Perfect

Reaction score
lol yeah i did mate!!!!!He actually stumbled a little bit at one point too.It seemed a little bit pointless though,why didnt he perhaps chase Vince into the back,who then sped away in a waiting limo?just a thought.

maty619

Reaction score
I think Cena benifited from those mixed reactions, because I dont think he would be able to have coped with his feud with Orton (which imo he needed to be the star he is now) as Orton was getting a great reaction from the crowd, considering he is a heel. Any other face wouldnt know what to do when he wasnt being cheered but after getting those mixed reactions early on in his career he was just able to laugh it off.

I think that a feud with Vince 5 or so years ago would have made him more popular but that wouldnt have nessaserly been a good thing. This is a great time for Cena to feud with Vince imo because he doesnt care about his fan reaction anymore and is much more experienced than 5 years ago and is much better on the mic now.

-TJ-

So... You all want to see this.

[YT]AxK7gfb50p0[/YT]

Minus Trips and HBK... Again?

Well to be honest, since Cena is starting to be booed, and no one likes Vince. They should do it. It should be a feud like McMahon and HBK/Lashley after WM 26 of course.

The Rated R CMStar

Wait what? If anything I have heard John Cena getting more and more cheers instead of boos.

noumenon

Yeah, I'd say Cena say been getting a pretty damn solid face reaction lately. He's honestly been pretty tolerable lately all around. Great promos, decent matches, no title on him at the moment. The only time he catches any heat is when he's facing Orton or HHH.

-TJ-

Yeah, I'd say Cena say been getting a pretty damn solid face reaction lately. He's honestly been pretty tolerable lately all around. Great promos, decent matches, no title on him at the moment. The only time he catches any heat is when he's facing Orton or HHH.

Ehh.... I guess that's true.