• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestleMania Should the US Title match be a multi-man?

Suplexretweet

Something about the Joe vs Rey match for the US Title doesn't excite me for some reason. I would have preferred to have seen this end up as a 6 man ladder match, also including Andrade, KO, Ali and Truth.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
I think a 1 on 1 is perfectly fine. Espeically for Samoa Joes standpoint. Hes getting to a have a Mania match with a legend like Rey Mysterio. Joe has been a wrestling work horse his entire career and deserves that rub. Making a multi man match would just be throwing guys in for the sake of having them on the card.

Suplexretweet

I think a 1 on 1 is perfectly fine. Espeically for Samoa Joes standpoint. Hes getting to a have a Mania match with a legend like Rey Mysterio. Joe has been a wrestling work horse his entire career and deserves that rub. Making a multi man match would just be throwing guys in for the sake of having them on the card.
I think Joe definitely deserves his Mania moment. Only thing to me about Rey being the opponent is that he submitted him in the Fastlane Fatal 4 Way. If this was the match they were planning, surely he could have made Truth pass out?

Crash

Usually I would say yes, but there are too many multimen matches, we need some 1 on 1 on the card too.

Crash

Yeah, it is nice to actually have a good old fashion one v one instead of a multi-man because WWE does those to death, and well, for the most part, I find them boring.

Triple Threat matches can be great, but 4, 5 or more is a bit too much for me, except for elimination chamber or money in the bank.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Triple Threat matches can be great, but 4, 5 or more is a bit too much for me, except for elimination chamber or money in the bank.
Triple Threats can be entertaining and I can enjoy them if all three men can work, you know. I'll agree also matches like Chamber and Money in the Bank are fine being multi-man because it makes sense.