Should Of Stayed Put

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I was going to post this in the AEW SECTION but I think that this place maybe better do you think there is any talent who shouldn't of jump ship to AEW. Do you think anyone comes to mind if so who? Legitimately curious to see a response to who you guys think. One of the names that come to mind to me is like Lance Archer though I am thinking of like WWE talent more than anything lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He didn't really have a choice but my first thought was Cole Karter, the Family angle in NXT has been crazy fun and that's despite it almost feeling "incomplete" with just the two guys rn. But again, he was fired so not really what you mean lol

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
He didn't really have a choice but my first thought was Cole Karter, the Family angle in NXT has been crazy fun and that's despite it almost feeling "incomplete" with just the two guys rn. But again, he was fired so not really what you mean lol
I could see that I mean worked out in the end for Tony & Stacks. Kiera Hogan prob should of stayed in impact I think.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I honestly can't think of a single person, who either had a worse run in AEW (after coming from WWE), or isn't in a better position now (than they were, when they left the WWE). Even guys like Keith Lee, who are kinda cold, after their initial start in AEW, had at least a better outing during those first months, than they ever had in the WWE main roster. :hmm:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's weird to compare people from smaller companies too bc almost all of the ones (if not all) that left impact or even MLW for AEW would have definitely had more success in those companies and if you're a fan of them would like it more, but at the same time if theyre making more money would they think they should have stayed? That varies person to person I imagine

It's easier to do the comparison for WWE vs AEW bc you'd think the money was similar so you can remove that variable, but there's been very few people that actually jumped on their own choice and weren't fired fired. Andrade, Cole and Danielson the only ones that come to mind

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But taking money out of the equation I think Kiera and Big Bill are two I'd have liked to see in Impact longer, especially Bill even if I'm loving the Cage team now

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I honestly can't think of a single person, who either had a worse run in AEW (after coming from WWE), or isn't in a better position now (than they were, when they left the WWE). Even guys like Keith Lee, who are kinda cold, after their initial start in AEW, had at least a better outing during those first months, than they ever had in the WWE main roster. :hmm:
Keith def came to mind for me as I sort of feel he's in same spot atm but that can all change. I mean Malaki Black run been weird to me as I excepted him to have a more singles run type success than trios (which by the way is fun and I love House Of Black). Tony Nese was someone I think could now in NXT be in a better position than he is in. AEW.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Keith def came to mind for me as I sort of feel he's in same spot atm but that can all change. I mean Malaki Black run been weird to me as I excepted him to have a more singles run type success than trios (which by the way is fun and I love House Of Black). Tony Nese was someone I think could now in NXT be in a better position than he is in. AEW.

I don't think any of these guys had a choice tho, they were fired lol Nese is basically doing the same stuff on ROH he'd have been doing on NXT I'd say, I can take him either or since I think that's his ceiling

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
But taking money out of the equation I think Kiera and Big Bill are two I'd have liked to see in Impact longer, especially Bill even if I'm loving the Cage team now
So glad that they team up tho I'm not big pun intended on Big Bill name makes me think of the Cosby kids show and the bullet Bill from Mario. I think W. Morrissey was fine or BW something like that

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
But that's the thing. Keith and Malakai both already had better AEW runs than WWE Main Roster runs. They can't fall below that anymore.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't think any of these guys had a choice tho, they were fired lol Nese is basically doing the same stuff on ROH he'd have been doing on NXT I'd say, I can take him either or since I think that's his ceiling
That's fair tbh.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roderick Strong is a shout but I wouldn't necessarily agree. He did ask to be released and now he's doing his same emo injury angle he was doing with Diamond Mine that he sucks at:lol but rn I'm still holding out it leads to something better

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
But that's the thing. Keith and Malakai both already had better AEW runs than WWE Main Roster runs. They can't fall below that anymore.
Yea main roster sort of drop ball on black. It's almost like they can't sustain these occult gimmicks on main roster (hopefully Schism will change that)

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Roderick Strong is a shout but I wouldn't necessarily agree. He did ask to be released and now he's doing his same emo injury angle he was doing with Diamond Mine that he sucks at:lol but rn I'm still holding out it leads to something better
Yes this one, I def agree with. I was so happy to see Roddy wrestling again but now he's in same spot as you said. I just imagine the bangers he be having with Breakker, Melo (again) or up on main with Gunther, Drew, Sheamus, Seth, Theory, Gable etc.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
No, Vince simply didn't care about the NXT call ups and it was almost always as if he got more resentment for them, as higher as their momentum was, except for a very, very small number of cases.