• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should marijuana be legalized?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Decriminalize it

• Total voters

monkeystyle

Reaction score
People saying that Weed is no good for our society is completly differnt from ******s and their rights. (I called them that not because I'm racist, but because I find it funny that it's filtered :p)
But I just find that irrelevant, and not even the same type of problem.

If you're going to use the majority rules argument, which is a very poor one at best, be prepared to have it thrown back in your face.

They said that about black people generally because they were being prejudice and had facts wrong.

I know its not the same thing but the fact of the matter is people don't understand how marijuana works and are prejudiced and wrong about it.

Whereas with marjuana, there is conclusive evidence that it is bad for the people using it and society.

Again, you can make the same argument for practically anything as practically anything can be abused. Liquor, tobacco products, caffeine, food in general. All in excess is bad for us. We as a society are able to choose which and how much of these we put in our bodies, some of which are drugs, and some aren't. Why should this be any different?

And yes I am extremly closed minded. I'm not frightended of change though, I just dont think legalising marjuana is a step in the right direction.

It really depends on what direction you're taking. If you're actually serious about cutting crime sometimes you have to do things you don't like, but still don't really hurt you in anyway.

Buttersz

Reaction score
Yeha I see what you mean on all of those fronts.

Like you said alot of things can be considered bad (alcohol etc) but they are all legal and clearly they are for a reason. I dont know loads about Marjuana and I will admit that. But from what I know, it just dosnt have any positive fronts.

Sure you can aruge back all the negative ones, but what does it gain? All it gains is more people on the doll and a higher percentage of peoples wages paying for their upkeep, which makes me sick.

Nation

Our goverment spends 10-15 fucking billion dollars a year to keep "criminals" who were selling,smoking,intending to sell, and growing pot in jail.You would prefer this to happen?

Buttersz

Reaction score
We would spend the same on benefit increase and taxes.

By the end of the week, I will post a blog type speech on how to solve the worlds problems, so bare with me, lol.

Nation

On the health side of things Marijuana increases appetite and could potentially help someone with anorexia.

You really do need to actually research the topic and not belief sites funded by the government.

Buttersz

Reaction score
All drugs are shit, unless they are used methodicly.

I do know they can be used methodicly as I previously stated. However if it wasnt a bad thing then why isnt it legal yet the other things mentioned such as alcohol are legal?

Nation

I do know they can be used methodicly as I previously stated. However if it wasnt a bad thing then why isnt it legal yet the other things mentioned such as alcohol are legal?

lol you just replied to your own quote.

Untouchable

Reaction score

He knows *see the bold text ;)*^^

Nation

Well i wasn't really paying attention but back on to discussion.If Marijuana is so harmful why hasn't anyone died from it?

Where are you This Guy please come debate because your the only one who can really create a valid argument.

Buttersz

Reaction score
Lol fair enough.

My argument is more than valid. Nobody has died from it, it's not going to say "Died of Marjuana" but it may say "Died of Cancer" (just an example) as it is known to increase the chances of Cancer.

If it was any good it would be legal, it has been around long enough. You can try and counter-act my argument as much as you choose, but you are the non-conformists, therefore your argument will always be looked down upon, whether it is correct or not, thats just life.

That last bit was irrelevant, but I just had to say it.

More to the point, Marjuana has been proven to harm the user, you cannot disproove that. In cases obviosly it can be used to heal, but thats why it is illegal, so that it is used when it is needed and not misuesd by a bunch of stoners.

Nation

Lol fair enough.

My argument is more than valid. Nobody has died from it, it's not going to say "Died of Marjuana" but it may say "Died of Cancer" (just an example) as it is known to increase the chances of Cancer.

If it was any good it would be legal, it has been around long enough. You can try and counter-act my argument as much as you choose, but you are the non-conformists, therefore your argument will always be looked down upon, whether it is correct or not, thats just life.

That last bit was irrelevant, but I just had to say it.

More to the point, Marjuana has been proven to harm the user, you cannot disproove that. In cases obviosly it can be used to heal, but thats why it is illegal, so that it is used when it is needed and not misuesd by a bunch of stoners.

But it doesn't kill you. Your saying it may say died of cancer well 750,000 died from cancer from cigarettes.No one has been given cancer and died as a result of smoking marijuana in the past 5 years.Yes it increases the risk but no one has had cancer from it in forever.

phantomgerald

You know what? I am permanently changing my stand. I think that it should be legalized. Reading Monkey's and Nation's argument, I think they have a valid point.

The face of the matter is, if it's the government who's selling it, then the drug dealers will go broke. And this helps society as a whole, including gun-control problems, which I still think is the most important issue that they country should be dealing with.

J

^^That is the whole reason it isn't legalized...Is the goverment has nothing to make from it...With cigs there pretty much all the same...but theres so many kinds and sub catagorys of majijuna, the goverment couldn't controll it...

D-Man

Reaction score
Butters is 100% right. Alot of people have said that if they smoke it in your house then it doesn't affect you. That is wrong. I am tired of living next to neighbours that smoke it. It goes right through your house. It's the worst smell in the world. I have no idea why people would even want to try it. The only response I get when I ask the stoners at my school is "It's good shit mate". That's it. And have you noticed that MOST of the people who are arguing that it should be legalized at the moment have bragged about how they smoke it. Most people who do smoke it just want to be legalised so it can be sold alot cheaper. And how they can say "I was doing it before it got legalized