Should I get hte PS3 or Xbox 360

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
Ps3 without a doubt. I think the graphics are nicer and the xbox 360 runs a higher risk of being a faulty machine. Plus, I think the ps3 looks nicer

PS3 doesnt have better gfx and PS3a brake more than 360s. Also the PS3 has update like every other day,like the psp and they take for ever to load and you have to do them to play games. 360 doesnt run higher risk try equal. PS3s heat up more than 360s, have both would know and he sad gfxs dont matter. PS3 doesnt have one good exclusive out besides fall of man which beat in a weekend. Also truth sad gfx dont matter and snce he doesnt have a hdtv the ps3 s going to look lke ps2..... plus all asians are going to stay up sonys ass:)

360 has more games, cheaper, and i can tell you for sure truth there isnt a 40 gb coming out, i talk to the sony rep that comes into bestbuys and the only ps3 coming out is a 80gb for 700

but its your choice, im just giving you the info I know

PeepShow

^Actually they update about once a month. But w/e. LOL

And yes, they do heat up pretty good, but I havent had any problems with it.....

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ actually i played my ps3 for a week on time and every other day i had a update

Kassidy

Reaction score
I guess I just dont get why ppl are bashing the PS3 so much. I hear people wanting to get a 360 and just a blu-ray player by itself. Now, it just have to ask myself this question. How fucking stupid are you ppl. Even if you dont game, just get a PS3 if you want a blu-ray player. A regular blu-ray player itself costs 1000 dollars right now. A PS3 as of now costs 599. Now, Im no genius but which is the better deal? hmmmmm........:g:

Anyways, as for the 360 vs PS3, thats your call. What have you gotten in the past? PS or x-box? I myself have stayed loyal to Sony and they havnet let me down. IMO, the PS3 is the better way to go, but then again, Ive never even had a X-Box........

Actually at best buys we sell blu rays for around 600, plus blu ray does shit cuz i dont buy movies in blu ray so i just get dvds or hddvds for my 360

PeepShow

^^^ actually i played my ps3 for a week on time and every other day i had a update

Id say that your PS3 is fucked up then.....lol

Ive had mine since Christmas, and Its only updated 8 times.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^I have had over 8 in a month, lol but thats again maybe cuz never play it, i turn it on maybe once every 3 months lol to make sure its workng so when a good ps3 game actually comes out

PeepShow

^Ok, thatd made no sense.....lol

You say it updates 8 times a month, but you only turn it on once every 3 months.......lol WTF?

Kassidy

Reaction score
it was a joking matter but everytme i have turned it on I had to update, and most of the updates are pointless, stll cant have a custom background and one update was just for that stupd help fnd a cure for cancer, so now you have a Blue icon.

This Guy

^^^ oh well still no lol they are coming out with a 80 gb and its 700 and the 60 is going back up to 600 in a lil while

Thats not quite true. I don;t know the US prices, but basically the 60 gig new price point is to stay because it has been discontinued. So they are clearing them out. When they get lower in stock the 80 gig will be released and its price point is going to be the same as the 60 was.

I guess I just dont get why ppl are bashing the PS3 so much. I hear people wanting to get a 360 and just a blu-ray player by itself. Now, it just have to ask myself this question. How fucking stupid are you ppl. Even if you dont game, just get a PS3 if you want a blu-ray player. A regular blu-ray player itself costs 1000 dollars right now. A PS3 as of now costs 599. Now, Im no genius but which is the better deal? hmmmmm........:g:

I see your point, but one thing you need to know is that blu-ray on PS3 is emulated not true blu-ray like on an actual player. This is why its so much cheaper. (I mean yeah still not cheap enough, but cheaper). This means the quality is not quite as good. Just like if you watch a DVD on your computer as compared to an actual DVD player.

You don't have to buy any acessories to make it run properly. And who cares if it malfunctons, Microsoft put a five year warranty on every 360(it's been out for like 2) so you can send it in and wait a week to get a brand new one. Oh and on a 360 you can download demos and movies and shit. So yeah i'd go with an Xbox but it's up to you.......

Its actually only a 3 year warrenty and thats for red ring of death light issues only. otherwise it is still a 1 year. However they do offer a 2 year extended to 3 years on everything else as well for like $60 canadian (don't know the us price) you can even add it on if your 1 year is already up. Just call there 1-800 number.

as for blu-ray & HD in genreal, neither one is doing well enough to determin which will be the standard yet. Therefore I refuse to hop on either wagon. I will play the wait and see which one wins. Because there is just as much a chance that they will both fail and we will still be running regular DVD's until something completely different comes out. I mean after VHS there were VCD's and Laser Discs. Both failed. THis could be the same thing, I refuse to spend any money on either until something is more perminant, the way DVD did after the VCD's & Laser Discs.

My advice Truth is if you really want a PS3, get it now while the 60 gigs are still on the shelf, otherwise you'll be paying more for the 80 later......or try to find a 20 gig new somewhere (you can upgrade the Hard drive yourself)

Oh and as an EB employee...don't buy the refurb 360's. there worse then the old model 360's new. Just buy the new ones. all the ones since the elite have the new heat sink and mother board and work a lot better then before. very few defective issues.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ well blu ray did sign a contract with disney and sony is behind them so i think over all blu ray has the upper hand...

But Truth, i was thinking and i remembered a point This guy said before in a diff thread, ps3 controllers are only good or so many charges then the battery wont work any more so its either leave it pluged in with the small usb cable or buy a whole new remote, which is like 60 bucks. so talking about wasting your money over and over again, because the ps3 remotes dont allow you to replace batteries they are internal.

This Guy

^^yeah but you heard that Disney also signed a contract with Microsoft to release all there movies for rent for $5 in HD through X-Box Live right? :) Sony was not too happy when that announcement was made the day after theres.

aside from that its not like Disney is the only exclusive movie company with Blu-Ray or HD DVD. And there is still more movies coming out on HD then Blu-Ray. However Blu-Ray players are out selling HD....its really hard to say at this point which will come out on top.

Oh and the 80 gig came out today and it is the $659.99 canadian price point that the 60gig was. It does come with Motor Storm though, which is not the best game, but not the worst either.

King_Ash

Reaction score
I think HD-DVD would have the advantage media wise as you don't need an upgrade of hardware to play them... unlike Blu-Ray which requires an actual blu-ray drive/player

This Guy

um, you need an hd-dvd player to play hd-dvd's they dont work on a normal dvd player.