Should Disney acquire X-Men/Spider-Man?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Now that Marvel has been bought by Disney I think it's the perfect time for them to use some of that money stockpile to acquire the movie rights to X-Men and Spider-Man. Pretty selfishly of me due to the fact that I'd like to see a Thor/Iron Man/Spider-Man/Wolverine Avengers movie. It does however open the door for more crossovers and whatnot considering the addition of all the heroes and villains of those universes being added to what Disney already owns. Agree? Disagree?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
It won't happen anytime soon... both franchises are cash cows for their respective owners... a lot more money than Disney could afford to offer them. The rights contracts for both Spider-Man with Sony and X-Men/Fantastic Four with Fox both state that at least one film needs to be made every 2 or 3 years or the rights will be forfeited back to the original owners (aka Marvel). That's why you see the Spider-Man franchise and X-Men franchise constantly rebooted and the sequels beings made back to back to back... Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Punisher rights all reverted back to Marvel last year after no movies had been made for the number of years required. Fantastic Four will be reverted back if they don't produce the reboot that's in the works by sometime next year.

Now, what could happen is that Sony and Fox could lease the character rights to Marvel/Disney for appearances in their films... it's already almost happened with Spider-Man as they showed the Oscorp building in the Avengers... they had to pay a pretty penny just to show that... and talks are taking place with Sony to feature Spider-Man in Avengers 3 most likely... but Fox has completely refused any talks to do with the X-Men... and as long as they continue producing the movies then Marvel will not get the rights back.

I would much rather see Marvel have all the rights as they produce much better movies... but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'd like ghost rider to be rebooted the Nick cage version was horrid. Who owns the rights to Deadpool?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
86d23b63299fe643e1ebde5647b3539a.png

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
With DoFP doing what it did for the X-Men franchise I say let Fox keep those rights, they haven't messed up and make a shit ton of money, granted there are some things I'd do differently but still... Sony however while they may make a large sum of money from the Spiderman rights, they suck at the movies.. I would love for them to give that up.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
With DoFP doing what it did for the X-Men franchise I say let Fox keep those rights, they haven't messed up and make a shit ton of money, granted there are some things I'd do differently but still... Sony however while they may make a large sum of money from the Spiderman rights, they suck at the movies.. I would love for them to give that up.

DoFP was a good film.. but I can still see Marvel making a much better X-Men film. They have the resources to get better writers (aka comic book writers) and can put more money into the film.. some of the special effects still aren't quite up to par in the X-Men films.

My 2 cents.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
DoFP was a good film.. but I can still see Marvel making a much better X-Men film. They have the resources to get better writers (aka comic book writers) and can put more money into the film.. some of the special effects still aren't quite up to par in the X-Men films.

My 2 cents.
While that may be true to a certain degree it still seems to be working.. the phrase I believe goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it." and I would definitely consider the current X-Men franchise not to be broke.. Sony however banks money of Spiderman but those stories are so broke it's not even funny.. I admit after Last Stand I was a bit shook with FOX but after the events of DoFP it made it all worth it :)