Should Chris Benoit be in the WWE HOF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should Chris Benoit be in the WWE HOF?

• YES

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
his in ring accomplishments woulda got him in,but he threw all that away when he killed his wife and children with his bare hands.how sick can u get,i say fuck him,never put him in,because ultimately he isnt worth remembering.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I will disagree with you 100% there as that is a completely biased opinion based on how YOU perceive everybody should think and believe and follow your ideals when that isn't how the world works... so sorry there bud.
It's not how everyone should think, it's how everyone does think.

Maybe you're in an extremely rare minority, but that is the stigma associated with Chris Benoit and it's impossible to disregard. His name being referenced in any given thread on the internet is centered around either the murder/suicide or the HOF 99% of the time. It's the most (in)famous thing he did that no other (in)famous wrestler has ever done. And you can be damn sure no non-wrestling-affiliated media outlets are going to mention him for anything else.

You can question my stance on the matter, but don't make assumptions on my perception of anything.

Deuce

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Benoit getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, the guy was hardcore, exciting, filled with technique and could make the crowd go wild. YES for me.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
No because it is bad for business. Why do I say it is bad for business? I don't really want to get into all details, but it is believed that Benoit not only killed himself, but his wife and his child. He was a great wrestler without question, but can you imagine the media finding this out. Putting out on TV talking about it and covering it. They would than begin to ask several former and current wrestlers to come on their show and give their opinion on whether or not he believes he should be in the HOF. I believe that would hurt WWE, Vince, and Linda long term. Especially since she is running again for Senate I believe. Media would love a story like this to criticize WWE, wrestling business, and so on. "Do you believe a murder should be in the HOF?" they'd ask. What is the response: "well he was a great wrestler? who took steroids in a reported rage to eventually kill his own child and wife." It would cause far more harm and controversy than good. It isn't worth the risk if you ask me.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Considering some of the jobbers already in there like Koko & Perfect, it would only be right he got in. Of course thats in an ideal hypothetical world where he didnt butcher his kid, but you know.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No. Sure what he accomplished in the ring no doubt deserves it, but the simple fact is he left this earth as a murderer and any person who has such a sick crime stuck to them should not be celebrated in any shape or form.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
If it weren't for the fact that Chris Benoit had killed his family I believe he would've gotten in the Hall of Fame in the 2008 Hall of Fame, He might go in years later on when everyone eventually forgets about this but for the time being he's not going in.

I personally hope he doesn't go in because that would show WWE promoting a murderer and WWE need to be smart about who they induct in there Mike Tyson is controversial yes and he probably shouldn't be there either but there is not much you can do about that.

AF.

Reaction score
Benoit should have just killed himself instead of taking his WIFE and SON with him.

I'm not sure if people understand the magnitude of what he did. Not only did he murder 2 people, one was a young, innocent boy and the other was his wife, and mother of his children. It's fucking sickening and people don't seem to understand.

Vivido

Reaction score
So on the odd chance that he one day does get in inducted(which he won't) who do you think would be keen to induct him?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It's not how everyone should think, it's how everyone does think.

Maybe you're in an extremely rare minority, but that is the stigma associated with Chris Benoit and it's impossible to disregard. His name being referenced in any given thread on the internet is centered around either the murder/suicide or the HOF 99% of the time. It's the most (in)famous thing he did that no other (in)famous wrestler has ever done. And you can be damn sure no non-wrestling-affiliated media outlets are going to mention him for anything else.

You can question my stance on the matter, but don't make assumptions on my perception of anything.

You are basically doing what you are telling me not to do. You are ASSUMING that everyone either thinks HOF or murder suicide with Benoit and why? It isn't a known proven fact. It is an opinion of yours that you are attempting to make fact with no basis. If you want to go based off of the board... then yeah people on this board would go that route... but the way you're perceiving this notion is to go beyond the board in which you have no basis to come up with this as fact which then makes it... an opinion.

And THAT is a fact.

AF.

Reaction score
So on the odd chance that he one day does get in inducted(which he won't) who do you think would be keen to induct him?

I doubt anybody would really step up for that. Would he really deserve a speech too? "Benoit was a great guy" bullshit.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
I doubt anybody would really step up for that. Would he really deserve a speech too? "Benoit was a great guy" bullshit.

the main question is did benoit do it because he was truely an evil dude or because he had some serious mental problems, brain traumas do crazy stuff to people, im not saying what he did was right because thats sick! but i don't think benoit had all his eggs in his basket when he killed his family

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Benoit deserves it for what he did in the ring and no one can deny that from him. He was a great in ring competitor and brought a lot to both Smackdown and RAW during his tenure. He was also a ring general. Don't knock the guy's in ring accomplishments for one bad decision outside the ring. We don't know what he was going through.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
For me it is a clear no. He killed his wife and child methodically over a couple of days and I don't want to see a murderer being celebrated. Whatever great things he did as a wrestler deserve to be completely thrown out because of what he did and no-one should be rewarding him with this. There is no way that WWE will ever be able to do it because there is no way you could get away with celebrating a murderer.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I don't think he could ever get in. As others have said, if it were based on his ring skills alone, sure. Any HOF candidate in any sport is judged by the way they lived their life. There are plenty of people who are deserving in every sport based on stats alone, but there are things outside of the scope of the sport that weigh heavily. Some are just unpopular people ... some have minor faults, such as Pete Rose. Obviously, committing a crime as hideous as Benoit did will overshadow his life, as it should. Everyone is judged by the total package of their life and this should be no different. There are events that can overshadow the sum of your life's accomplishments and Chris was part of one that can never be forgiven, no matter if he was mentally ill or not. No one will ever know.

Last edited: