Shelton Benjamin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge&christian4ever

Reaction score
Does anyone know any reason why the WWE won't let Shelton Benjamin go out on his own. I really think that he is one of the best athletes and hes also one of the best workers. just wondering?

Lugar

Reaction score
He had some cracking matches and always does what he is told but he has no charisma, he is not 6'6"+ or 350+ lbs.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
He had two words for you and i got two more

He botches

I dont see the big deal with him, he's a solid wrestler and better than most in the WWE but his mic skills are terrible and anytime hes ina big match there's usually one or two botches. The same with Jeff Hardy.

MJ807

Reaction score
Just look at the match between Hardy and Benjamin and you will seebut still I think he deserves to be in Itercontinental Contention he should be feuding with Santino, Umaga, Jeff Hardy not in the worlds greatest tag team with Charlie Haas. Now Haas is one of my favorite wrestlers and I was ecstatic when WWE rehired him but I said if they weren't going to use him there was no point in rehiring him. He's pretty good on the mic and a great wrestler who should also be in IC contention.

Reaction score
The Worlds Greatest Tag Team need to break up and Shelton needs to compete in singles matches just the other day I was watching Shelton Benjamin vs Triple H on a 2004 Raw Show which Shelton won, That match was one of the best free to air matches in the history of the wwe. Shelton Benjamin does need some work on his mic skills but he is the most athletic wrestler in the wwe, He can carry guys to good matches, I think Shelton Benjamin could become a future World Champion, He is one the best heel's going look back to last year when he was Intercontinental Champion, He was the number 2 heel of Raw behind Edge at that point.

What to do with Shelton now, I think a nice fued with Charlie Haas, Haas as the face Shelton as the heel, Have Shelton finish of the fued with a win over Haas then push Shelton back into the Intercontinental frame, I would also like to see Shelton moved to ECW some time this year and become ECW World Champion just to build him up to be even better because in two years time Shelton could be one of the main men in the wwe.

Reaction score
to me he's the best athlete in wwe,he looks like spiderman inside the ring but yeah he is poor on the mic ,he needs a charismatic manager to do his talking and his stock will rise.He does the stinger splash better than sting.

sandansfka

Reaction score
Sheldon moved to ecw would be a great idea. A feud with cm punk would be cool to see. Even throw them into a three way with jonny(don't call me Monday) nitro for the ecw titile.

3lions

Reaction score
Shelton has/had great potential, but his lack of charisma, poor motivation and tendency to botch moves has held him back. He has a good look and his backgrond in amateur wrestling should put him in good stead. However, he will have to work on the aforementioned defects to his akills, to increase his chances of making it big.

Wrestling Station

Shelton lacks charisma, mic skills, body size and the "It factor"..

If we compare him with two examples:
Lashely- yes lacks mic skills, but got the body size.
Batista- lacks abit in mic skills, but got the body size and the It factor to be working alone and not always be in tag team competitions.

sandansfka

Reaction score
i do see your point of botches and lack of it factor. but its hard to compare sheldon to lashley and batista. they are much larger guys.

phantomgerald

ok alright then lets compare shelton to say Cm punk. Punk's got mic skills and doesn't botch like shleton does.

Truth

Reaction score
He lacks charisma but when he cuts a promo they arent to bad. I compare him to Nitro, both have great talent, but lack charisma, and well this used to not be true but lately when they cut a promo which isnt too often its not to bad. Nitro has made it to ECW where he's the champion. I think Benjamin needs to either break away from WGTT or win the titles and keep them for a few months then go on as singles competitor where he can compete in the IC division or even better go over to SD where he can feud with Flair, and then feud for the US title. He may never make it big but definetly has potential, all he needs to do is stop botching so much, maybe calm it down in the ring. We all see his HHH push, he faired well, we also saw the Big Mama push which also somehow helped him, but since then he doesnt done much.

X-Pac

Reaction score
WWE shouldnt let Benjamin go by himself because I like seeing him and Haas together. Plus the reason why he isnt by himself is because he doesnt have the mic skills or charisma.

LKP

benjamin needs a character and mc skills. Hes got everything else. Send him to ecw yeah and have him fight cm punk send mr striker to raw in return cause he does sod all on ecw. Striker like benjamin is a great wrestler if the right pugh happend striker could be ic champion and shelton ecw champion.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I like that theory Lengend but I think Nitro can carry ECW and Benjamin cant. Nitro is the whole package.....in ring skills, charisma, and decent mic skills no where near Elijah Burk who I think should be the ECW champ right now.