Shelton Benjamin...Official Money in the Bank Mascot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I mean really, what else will he ever do? He's been in every MITB since its inception and hasn't had a meaningful feud since Chris Jericho in 2005. What happened? I know he hasn't the mic skills but certainly his athleticism could've made up for it by now right?

Should he just try his hand in TNA?

Kizza

Well, he's probably getting a nice paycheck just drifting around and doing nothing. He knows he's a lock for the Wrestlemania bonus each year. Maybe if Haas ends up in TNA he might consider it, but there really is nothing for TNA to offer him.

xtremebadass

Shelton Benjamin's main purpose in WWE is to be a part of MITB highlight reels. There is basically no purpose or standout highlight of that man's WWE career. Sure he has held the IC and US titles multiple times, but can anyone, except a rather large Shelton fan, remember those reigns? It is sad next to some of his spots in MITB, Shelton's most memorable moments were with Shelton's mama. You can blame WWE or you can blame Shelton himself, it doesn't matter. His career highlights will be his extreme yet losing efforts in MITB matches.

maty619

Reaction score
I think Shelton she be atleast in the IC title picture, he can work a match about as well as anyone in WWE you can't deny that. I agree that his most memorable moments are in MITB which is sad when you think how good he is in the ring. Even though I am a Shelton fan I can't see him get to the main event, even if he does step up his game on the mic, I think MITB has been a bad thing for him because he is just known for that now because e is good in it so WWE a scared to put him in a real feud.

MizMasta3000

Shelton is boring as fuck. The sad part is, he has a gimmick that would be solid g if he could work the mic. It's his own fault plus his gimmick isn't for a face character IMO

maty619

Reaction score
TBH I can't tell he has a gimmick, he has his Gold Standard thing but we hardly ever hear anything about. I prefer Shelton as a face so I hope he finds something to work on as a face.

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone remember that classic match he had with HBK? I thought for sure after that match we'd seen either be in a title match or win it outright.

the408kid

Reaction score
Shelton is a good wrestler and great in the MITB matches. The Problem is as most of you know is that he sucks on the mic and he is just over with the crowd. To me it makes perfect sense to put him in this match every year so the wwe can use him to advertise this match. Now I admit it would be neat and a nice reward if Shelton actually won one of these matches one year, but he really isn't Main event material imo.

shane

Reaction score
There is fundamentally no reason or be prominent focus of that man's WWE career. Sure he has held the IC and US names multiple times, but can any individual, apart from a quite large Shelton follower, recall those reigns? It is miserable besides some of his locations in MITB, Shelton's most unforgettable instants were with Shelton's mama.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

He's a perennial midcarder because, while he can work a match, he sorely lacks personality and charisma. The Money in the Bank match is just about the only way midcarders can find a place on the card, thus he's always in it. It's in no way a bad thing, because Shelton is about here he belongs on the card, and he always adds to the match, so I really see no problem with it.

Great One

Is it me or did Shelton do NOTHING that whole match and just lay outside for 85% of it? Seriously, towards the end I was like where the fuck is he?

Qwake

^ Yeah he did nothing whatsoever, he didn't do any crazy spots or take any bumps or nothing, he just lay outside the ring. Sadly though, there was about two or three other guys doing the exact same thing as Shelton during the match, MVP, Drew even Swagger didn't really do anything, Shelton probably did the least but he's not the only one who did pretty much nothing. That's why its so bad having all those guys in the one match, some get forgotten, it was a pretty bad match come to think of it.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I was thinking the same thing about McIntyre. But yeah, he didn't do a whole lot. With ten men in there there's going to be a lot of downtime for the people involved.