• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shelton Benjamin back in WWE?

Troy

pwinsider said:
As we broke in the Elite section Monday AM, Shelton Benjamin has requested and received his ROH contract release. I don't believe he is done but with Jim Cornette out of the picture for now, regular New Japan tours, potential WWE interest, etc. it's not really surprising he asked for a release.

Would be a good time for him to return to WWE. They need more star power and need a stronger midcard and he would slot right back in. WWE are apparently looking to rehire some former stars and so this does seem like the perfect fit.

Would you want to see him back in WWE? If he does return would you rather see him as a singles wrestler or back with Hass as WGTT?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

As much as the midcard is suffering, and having someone like Benjamin would help, there is also a lack of any real star power in the tag division. NAO, WGTT, or APA for a short stint would really help, where there is a long list of singles competitors that could help the midcard.

Either way, dont really matter to me, I usually get a chance to watch Benjamin on a weekly basis as is.

AF.

I could see him being over as a face if he returns. Fans will definitely remember him, he just needs to re-debut in a strong way to set the tone for his new WWE run.

Please do not bring him back as a heel.

Gimmick

I'd welcome him back. He's not quite what he used to be, but he's still a fantastic wrestler who could do a lot for the WWE.

As for what I'd like to see him do there - It'd be good to see him arrive without Charlie Haas and become a singles wrestlers. I think he could do a lot for the mid card scene.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I don't see him doing anything if he returns other than a few mid-card losses on Raw or Smackdown. Other than that, he'd be a Superstars regular. He had his chance in WWE for years and nothing came from it, so I can't see this being any different. His Superstars matches will be pretty damn good though.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
I don't want to see him back in WWE for the sole reason of never having to listen to people compare him to Shawn Michaels ever again.

We Are Joyful, but We Do Not Forget, and We Do Not Forgive.

Dale

Super Moderator
I don't see him doing anything if he returns other than a few mid-card losses on Raw or Smackdown. Other than that, he'd be a Superstars regular. He had his chance in WWE for years and nothing came from it, so I can't see this being any different. His Superstars matches will be pretty damn good though.
This, plus he's as bland as bland can be.

Troy

Really? Even with WWE being so thin on talent you don't think that he would be a regular on RAW and Smackdown? Don't get me wrong I don't see him winning titles and maineventing WM but if he was brought back I can't see him being relegated to Superstars.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Might be a good time for a return as there will be some fresh names for him to face, also with his talent and name value he could do something in the midcard ranks.

iAMJamari

if he came back he would probably be hyped up at first but then he would get lost in the shuffle and end up on superstars.

I hope he does comeback personally, I always enjoyed most of his matches. His best match in my opinion will always be with HBK when HBK super kicked him in mid-air. My only problem with Shelton is, Vince was always high on him and wanted him to become a star. The only problem was Shelton never really grabbed it and tried to be that star. He always seemed fine to be an opening act or mid carder. What's he going to be now that he's been away for a while?!

Troy

His matches against HHH when he was first drafted to RAW were also quality. It was matches like that which made you think that he could take that next big step but it never ending up happening. If he is brought back I doubt that WWE will think that he can become a top star for them just a very solid midcarder to possible upper midcarder and I am sure that Shelton wouldn't mind the paycheck that comes along with being a handy midcard guy.