Sheamus and Drew

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

So Sheamus and Drew are obviously WWE's/HHH's/HBK's picks for the two next big things in WWE. Both have looked great as of late, gotten pretty decent crowd reactions and have excelled in the roles given to them.
Sheamus got the fast track push, winning the WWE title almost immediately. Drew on the other hand is taking the slower road, still going undefeated and just capturing the IC title to start out with. Both of these guys are rumored to have the endorsements of some of the most powerful people in the industry (Drew even has one endorsing him on camera!)
One thing is for sure though, these two are the ones pegged to be the company's next mega stars.

So the question is, which one of these guys do you see having more potential in the long run or making a bigger impact on the company? I know it's still a little early to pan out their entire careers, but we've got a pretty good idea of what to expect from the both of them.
Sheamus is obvious intense as hell and has already proven he can do the monster heel role to near perfection. He's damn sure got a unique look and is absolutely brutal in the ring.
Drew has the slight edge on character development right now and seems to have a motive to go off of at this point. He's also pretty damn impressive in the ring and look wise he pretty much mold to what a young wrestler would aspire to look like. He's also bringing to the table possibly one of the coolest finishers in the WWE.

At this point I'm going to give the slight edge to Drew. If for anything else I'm a bit worried at what this monster push against Cena could do to Sheamus. If they do this wrong and have Cena turn around and completely destroy the guy it could ruin all credibility that he's built up so quickly. Drew is taking the steady and safer climb to the top and with Vince behind him both on and off camera I don't foresee as many possibly problems for him as I do with Sheamus.
I'm hoping for the best for both of these guys because they're both pretty damn awesome and probably the two most exciting fresh faces to appear in the WWE in quite some time.

Great One

Drew by far. The possibilities I see with him for some reason are endless. I think they should just jump the gun and create some sort of epic huge feud/storyline with him involing either the McMahons or some other high profile star like Batista/Orton (cough new Evolution). I kinda don't like their voices, but meh, like said, Drew has a good thing going for him. Sad it took the WWE 3-4 years to push someone, and also sad that the one's who get pushed coincidentally had extremely strong rumors of Vince, Triple H, and Shawn behind them (even before they got their breaks... causing those rumors to evident into most likely being true). Also the last thing that sorta lays a huge question mark about these guys is how the fuck will they play faces? Neither of these guys have the look, the voice, the appearance in any way to play a face. Sheamus MAYBE if he shaved his Blue hair/beard or grew a normal beard. Drew would kinda look like a pussy face if he played any other character. He could maybe play a Shawn Michaels type face, but meh, he's too tall/big to be an underdog and sounds too genuinely evil. Regardless, these are your top guys, they're above the Kofis, the Morrisons, the Hardys, the Khalis, the MVPs, and the Carlitos.

noumenon

I'm doubting the sincerity of the rasp in Drew's voice if that makes you feel any better about him being a face...lol.

Axis

Sheamus is pretty good as a big man, dominant heel. I don't see the appeal of Drew McIntyre; he is the epitome if mediocre.

Great One

I dunno, I felt the same as you when he first debuted and shit but he's grown on me a little. I REALLY hated him and felt he was ridiculously overrated.

Btw, I found this kinda lol:

[yt]fu8MFo3BLpM[/yt]

noumenon

LOL @ Melina and Jomo role playing. She gets bored.

"Can you be Batista next?"

noumenon

They were role playing in that clip. I took it a step further and from Melina's POV asked if Morrison would be Batista next. Ya know, cause he cheated on him with Batista.

Great One

Don't think she cheated, just dated him after they broke up. The quotes confused me. =p

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
that... was really bad. Morrison needs Miz. He shouldn't be hanging out with troll Melina either. She's a vacuum that sucks really hard with a stupid face, shit's crazy. Turn the vacuum on and it starts bouncing around making this irritable squeaking piercing sound it's such a ugly vacuum that you turn it off before it even finishes starting up.
Remember when the two were beating Cena with K-fed, now look at em lmao

Rated RJC

Reaction score
It's Drew McIntyre for me.

IMO and this is just my thoughts, Drew is the better promo and in ring wrestler than Sheamus. I do like what Sheamus has done in this little program with Cena but McIntyre has impressed me way more than Sheamus has thus far.

Maybe this is more biased for me but I'm a fan of the 'giant, monster who just runs through people' McIntyre has the perfect look and body for what WWE should try to be building to in terms of a top heel. First time viewers or even casual viewers will be turned off by Sheamus's look. It took me a month to get used to it and casual fans aren't that patient. Drew appeals as 'the future' more than Sheamus and I'm sort of glad he didn't get rushed to the main event like Sheamus. Drew is taking more of a slow approach to being a true superstar and I love it.

The subtle 'backing' by Mr. McMahon is something great for him to build on specifically with this IC Title reign upcoming. He can take about his being champion is something he takes seriously and wants to bring credibility back to the WWE's championships starting with the IC strap. Let McIntyre build tons of credibility in his reign by actually giving him feuds, something they don't do with Miz, and he will be ready for the main event fairly quickly if he keeps rising like he is.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
I think Sheamus has got the edge at the moment. Since Miz is currently a mid card champ at the same time he'll look better than Drew. That hurts his credibility a little IMO. If you can't be the top mid card heel then why should u deserve to be a main eventer?

DeadTaker

Reaction score
Drew

I agree, give the slight edge to Drew. McIntyre's going to go far, but Sheamus is looking good at this point, WWE Champion, like WOW! I guess will have to wait and see who comes on top.