Sharkboy Unmasked...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

He's too small to be a main event heel, really.

Alot of guys are small and are main eventers...

Dean Roll (Sharkboy) is the man, not his gimmick but he is really slilled and looks as though he could be up there with AJ Styles and all of them...

If only he stayed in WWE years ago and didnt job :smh

GOREOwner

Reaction score
Wow shocking and i'm with the guy who said he looked like Joey from friends haha! I thought that to!

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I saw him live at a Heartland Wrestling Association show without his mask, and at the time, I didn't know who he was, but I said "HEY! It's Alec Baldwin" since he looks like a Baldwin....it turns out, that gimmick he has in those pictures was named Dean Baldwin. That gimmick was the GM or something of Buckeye Pro Wrestling and he was there to promote an interpromotional show. He also wrestled in HWA as Sharkboy.

Oh yeah....513!

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I dunno why he hides behind the Sharkboy gimmick, he definately has a main event look. I expected him to look like a 12 year old, like Mysterio.

Also, yay 1000th post!

The Ripper

Reaction score
He does look like a good heel without the mask.

Also why do people blame TNA for the sharkboy gimmick he was using it before TNA and it built up a following so HE kept it

Impact Dragon

Reaction score
Say that to anyone in Japan or Mexico and they will laugh at you.

That is very true. Anybody can get over enough to work in the main event if they have the right skills, and get the right sort of backing behind them. Perfect example is Japan and Mexico, as Bigfella said - their ME section of the roster are usually dominated with smaller guys, with maybe one or two big guys. Very good point.

Dragon.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
^ Nope. We're in the United 'Roids of America, where someone like Shelton is jobbed to someone like BDV, Londrick are jobbed at the same time to Snitsky, Jimmy Wang Yang is jobbing PERIOD, and nobody has a problem with it. -.-

Impact Dragon

Reaction score
Agreed, but we're not in Japan or mexico are we?!

No, we're not. However, if you're any sort of fan of wrestling, you'll know Japan and Mexico (and maybe Britian, over the past couple of years) have the biggest wrestling cultures in the entire world. Their fans are the most passionate about the sport, and if I little guy can get over enough to be a main event contender in eithe of the two countries, he can get over in America. It's just that nobody has faith in the little guys in the US, so they don't get the attention they deserve.

Dragon.

1chiban

Reaction score
No, we're not. However, if you're any sort of fan of wrestling, you'll know Japan and Mexico (and maybe Britian, over the past couple of years) have the biggest wrestling cultures in the entire world. Their fans are the most passionate about the sport, and if I little guy can get over enough to be a main event contender in eithe of the two countries, he can get over in America. It's just that nobody has faith in the little guys in the US, so they don't get the attention they deserve.

Dragon.

Britain has not got a great domestic wrestling scene really - We get good overseas tours now, with even ROH and NOAH making appearances but apart from that it's pretty poor since the FWA went under imo

I'm not saying that small people getting jobbed in the US is right, oh no... given me Rey Mysterio (pre roids) vs Psychosis in Extreme Lucha Libre anyday... that's why I miss ECW and mid nineties WCW. At least the little guys got a chance to shine, and more often than not stole the show.

Impact Dragon

Reaction score
Britain has not got a great domestic wrestling scene really - We get good overseas tours now, with even ROH and NOAH making appearances but apart from that it's pretty poor since the FWA went under imo

I'm not saying that small people getting jobbed in the US is right, oh no... given me Rey Mysterio (pre roids) vs Psychosis in Extreme Lucha Libre anyday... that's why I miss ECW and mid nineties WCW. At least the little guys got a chance to shine, and more often than not stole the show.

What about the likes of 1PW or RQW? The likes of AJ Styles are being constantly being booked with 1PW. There's some good competition over here, too. FWA was the big promotion of Britain, but since it went under, there are quite a good few making a steady rise. Take the amount of promitons currently on the DVD market - there's quite a few. Anyway, wat to go off topic about Sharkboy! :shifty:

Dragon.

1chiban

Reaction score
What about the likes of 1PW or RQW? The likes of AJ Styles are being constantly being booked with 1PW. There's some good competition over here, too. FWA was the big promotion of Britain, but since it went under, there are quite a good few making a steady rise. Take the amount of promitons currently on the DVD market - there's quite a few. Anyway, wat to go off topic about Sharkboy! :shifty:

Dragon.

Not anymore...

Abyss comes over quite a lot but nowhere near as much international talent as it used to... fell apart a little after it nearly went under last year

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Also why do people blame TNA for the sharkboy gimmick he was using it before TNA and it built up a following so HE kept it

Because TNA is the source of all the unhappiness in the world.