Shaquille O’Neal Match At WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That's either to throw people off or they cancelled the idea due to it being ruined.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Could always put him in Big Show's corner or make him guest enforcer for the match.

I do like the sound of Rhodes versus Big Show a lot more than Show vs. Shaq just because of the storyline surrounding it and it will be nice for Show to get a serious match at WM again.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

The professional basketball legend made waves this past weekend when he reportedly told celebrity news site HollywoodLife.com that he will wrestle on April 1. During his storied basketball career, O’Neal amassed four championship rings, the most recent of which came in 2006, when he started as center for the Miami Heat.

A longtime member of the WWE Universe, O’Neal has appeared in the ring before. As guest host of the July 27, 2009, edition of Raw, the seven-footer inserted himself into that evening’s tag team main event of Chris Jericho and Big Show vs. Cryme Tyme. After the bout’s conclusion, Show confronted O’Neal, leading to a memorable confrontation between The World’s Largest Athlete and the self-proclaimed “Big Aristotle,†which ended with Big Show’s unceremonious dismissal from the ring.

:hm:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its posted on WWE.com so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Justin LaBar/WrestleZone said:
Update On Shaq Competing At WrestleMania; Conflicting Reports
It has been a popular rumor for months that former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal would have some involvement, possibly wrestle in a match, at WrestleMania 28. Some kind of match involving him and Big Show was widely speculated.

As reported earlier this week, Shaq confirmed to Hollywoodlife.com that he would be at WrestleMania 28 in Miami, Florida.

Tuesday night, WWE.com posted a headline that says, "Shaq will not compete at WrestleMania." The article contained a photo of Shaquille O'Neal and Big Show going at it in the ring back in 2009. WWE mentioned Shaq's HollywoodLife.com interview but got the facts wrong. Shaq never said he would be competing, he would only be in attendance. WWE wrote the following:

"Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card."

Wednesday morning, several readers have sent in word that it was revealed on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" that Shaq will wrestle Big Show at WrestleMania 28.

We will continue to follow up with the latest and attempt to confirm what O'Neal's status will be for WrestleMania.

Hmm, this is very confusing. I don't know what's happening!?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm guessing ESPN took Shaq's statement out context by translating that him being there must mean he is competing. Its possible WWE is working it, but far more likely imo is that ESPN were just stirring the pot with assumptions.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
May have been a plan but with Orton and now Wade injured maybe he's needed elsewhere?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm guessing ESPN took Shaq's statement out context by translating that him being there must mean he is competing. Its possible WWE is working it, but far more likely imo is that ESPN were just stirring the pot with assumptions.
Shaq went on Mike and Mike and said he was having a match. It is hard to misinterpret that.

The main problem I think WWE has and why they went pr spin was that Shaq has a big mouth. The WWE doesn't want him telling every outlet oh I have a match at Mania. They want professionalism like Floyd had where you play it off and they get to set it up and announce it themselves on Raw. Shaq though is doing what he has always done promoting and looking out for Shaq at all costs.

Shaq said he would wrestle at the Cartoon Network awards as well, so it is not a matter of confusing terminology when he keeps saying wrestle

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
[video=youtube;M8c-1OlpkHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8c-1OlpkHU[/video]

Shaq is preparing for Mania.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE do always have an issue when something is leaked by others which prevents them from revealing the surprise so WWE are probably trying to cover the fact that they aren't ready to announce anything yet. WWE seem to be hinting at Show vs Cody now so I don't know who Shaq could face.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Big Show Comments on the Reports of Facing Shaq at WrestleMania
- Big Show spoke with The Miami Herald this week to promote WrestleMania 28. Here’s what he said about the rumors of a match against NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal:

“I know there are a lot of rumors this year that I might get a chance to compete against Shaq at WrestleMania [28 Miami]. I didn’t hear anything about it on my end.

I don’t know if Shaq was getting froggy, stirring up some stuff, but if he ever wants to take his Nike butt away from the announcers’ desk and try to step in the ring, he’s more than welcome to try.

I teach as well as I compete. So he can come on down and get a lesson.â€

Now Show is stirring up stuff. :lmao

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that Shaq screwed himself by mentioning it before WWE had announced it. Maybe they can push it back to next year since Show will still be around by then.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I see him trying to have a SummerSlam match since his jersey is tentatively set to be retired in Staples in August