• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*Shakes head*

MikeRaw

Anyone in the sb, or watching Raw probably knows what this is about. Why shit on the draft? WWE has put a ton of SD guys on Raw tonight, in fact, probably more than Raw guys. I know last week I was the one defending them on it, and for good reason. Last week, it made sense (kinda) to have Raw guys on SD. It was right after the draft and blah blah, whatever. But tonight, to have all these SD guys on Raw is just stupid. No doubt there'll be all kinds of Raw guys on SD this week as well.
I had to laugh last week, because the main storyline on SD involved HHH and Orton and Batista... 3 Raw guys!
Despite your stance on how you want the brands to be. Whether you like seperate brands (like me) or want them to move back to no specific rosters, and everyone beign allowed to go on every show, you can't deny this is laughable. What was the point of the dradt?

They keep saying that this is the final appearance every time a SD! superstar is competing, so I'm going to take them at their word. It won't surprise me to see a bunch of Raw guys on SD! this week either. I really think that after Backlash they will stick to the brand split for a while. Maybe I am completely wrong here, but I'm going to give it another week before I think the brand split and draft is a complete joke.

MikeRaw

Then what the hell was the point of the draft?
Now that we know why the trades aren't in effect yet, why don't we discuss hwo stupid it is that the trades aren't taking effect yet? They could've just had the draft on next Monday.

Luke Flywalker

^They do this every year. They set up some matches before the PPV, and then have 'em go back and forth for a while. However... regardless of how awesome it was having Edge go berserk... I think we just witnessed another solid match out of Cena.

Nobody can deny that Cena vs. Swagger was a REAL good match. Cena vs. Jericho looked to me like a 4-star match. I'm glad they inserted Edge, but I'd have loved to see this match with a definite winner.

Its because they've wrap up all wrestlemania stories at backlash, no regardless of what brand the person is now on, they are still going to feud. And the fact they're touring europe so its always going to be a little bit of a break from the norm i guess

Moonlight Drive

So you'd want them to not to ty and build-up Backlash?

I'm not too worried about it really, but I will be pissed off if it doesn't change after the PPV

MikeRaw

^Well, considering the draft was right after Mania, you'd think they could make some new feuds heading into Backlash. That seemed to make the most sense, but, I guess we can't have that.

Airfixx

^^^WM was late this year so it's only like 3 weeks between the two.... I'd rather not pay for a bunch of hastily cobbled togther fueds.

Personally, I think it looks alright.... Edge & Cena should be good, the WWE champ match has enough qusetion marks hanging over it to make it interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what Swagger & C*******n can pull off for a PPV too. Lets' just see whate else they got for us on the card.

noumenon

I'm going out on a limb and venturing to say that the Backlash card looks a lot like what Mania should have looked like......
It's almost like they use Backlash as an last minute fix for what they fucked up at what should be the most important PPV of the year.

As far as the draft goes...it never takes place immediately and it would make sense for it to the way they fucking schedule shit. There is no point in having it take place before Backlash if we all know damn well nothing is going to come of it until afterwards.

Airfixx

...At at the end of the day I think "big deal". We're talking 3 weeks worth of Raw, SD etc. where the guys continue to brand-hop in the aftermath of Mania.

Moonlight Drive said:
I'm not too worried about it really, but I will be pissed off if it doesn't change after the PPV

The above quote seems suitably less hysterical to me.

LKP

I'm hoping punk and Kane fight at backlash for punks briefcase. I agree with mike raw it is stupid having people on other shows doing what they want to. If thats the case why not have an interbrand match up for backlash like mvp vs someone smackdown for the us title? Or just to get more talent on the backlash card. Oh do not forgot we have santina kissing khali it maybe funny but id rather see punk vs kane.

Airfixx

^^^^So you say Mike's correct in his saying they should stick to the rosters and then you go on to say that they should mix it up even more? ....You do see how Blue that is don't you?

...Yeah, I thought so. ;o]

LKP

If thats the case why not have an interbrand match up for backlash like mvp vs someone smackdown for the us title?

No i said i agreed with what mike said about rosters on both shows being stupid. Then i said if they wanna do that then why not add more matches to backlash. Like mvp vs someone on smackdown.