Shad Gaspard released again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McFly...

Reaction score
WWE has released Shad Gaspard, according to Jim Ross on his Twitter account.

"Shad Gaspard has been future endeavored by WWE," Ross wrote. "He certainly has discernible physical attributes and I hope he discovers best in in-ring persona," Ross wrote.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Shad was a beast and could of been the black star they were looking for..fucking idiots.

pumpt73

Reaction score
From what I've known about Shad, WWE had given him a lot of opporunity. They weren't too happy with his work early on in Cryme Tyme. They wanted him to be more aggressive and for the most part, from what I seen, JTG carried the team. I don't understand releasing guys what, every 4-6 months??? Heck, keep them on as jobbers or something.

Kizza

Reaction score
Good. He's fucking awful.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ Nah, out of the blue, they seem hell-bent on using him (2 PPVs in a row for a guy that couldn't even get out of the blocks on ECW!). Someone must be high on him atm (that's not to say that'll last, but....)

Wasn't it JTG that got released and rehired recently, rather than Shad?

I don't understand releasing guys what, every 4-6 months??? Heck, keep them on as jobbers or something.

TOTALLY!!!

Especially seeing as the next time ya look they're jobbing no-name local guys to the likes of Zeke... As was notably absent from Sheamus's push; why not give these guys wins against who have actually been acknowledged as WWE-grade competitors on screen... I mean, WWE has invested TV time in these guys - I can't understand why they wouldn't wanna claw a little back from them on their way out of the door.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Good point Enzo. I mean if nothing else, try forming some tag teams with guys that look like they're on the chopping block. I know Shad was, but there's a lot of talent that they try pushing mostly as singles competitors. It's like WWE forgot that they've made 2 of the greatest stars from tag teams in Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Plus you never know, you may find a few guys have some chemistry. Eh, oh well. I rarely watch the big E anymore.

Reaction score
Good point Enzo. I mean if nothing else, try forming some tag teams with guys that look like they're on the chopping block. I know Shad was, but there's a lot of talent that they try pushing mostly as singles competitors. It's like WWE forgot that they've made 2 of the greatest stars from tag teams in Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Plus you never know, you may find a few guys have some chemistry. Eh, oh well. I rarely watch the big E anymore.
I'm with you on that one, dude. I haven't watched an entire WWE show in months. I didn't even realize that Shad was still around. They have a roster full of guys that they're not even using that they could use to re-build their tag team division.

...god...

Reaction score
Surprised they didn't just have him and JTG reform Cryme Tyme and pretend as the split never even happened. Totally something the WWE would do.

Reaction score
Im not too surprised about Shad. JTG was the one that stood out in Cryme Tyme, but, Shad definitley had some strong points. WWE just doesn't know how to make new stars anymore. The only new stars they make are people with a big last name, or people that are friends or family of someone big (look at Seamus!). WWE had an incredible opportunity with Cryme Tyme. That was one of the only teams that people ever really got excited about in years, and WWE screwed it up.

Reaction score
People stopped caring about Cryme Tyme six weeks after they debuted. They were never more over than Kofi, Truth or MVP. They had something going on when they were thuggin and buggin with Cena, but lets face it, they were both fairly awful in the ring. They don't need two guys who were watered down, less talented, less charismatic versions of R-Truth.

What they should have done is turn Teddy Long racist heel again (remember how awesome he was? Cracker Snake, anyone?) and start a black heel group with Shad, Big Zeke, MVP as the leader and maybe R-Truth. Could have been awesome.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^ Cheaper to use local talent

But is it really, when you consider all that wasted TV time and time on the cards has a $$$ value too?

...That's my point, jobbing these guys would be a way of recouping some of that investment and effectively pouring it into the guy that wins.

Reaction score
People stopped caring about Cryme Tyme six weeks after they debuted. They were never more over than Kofi, Truth or MVP. They had something going on when they were thuggin and buggin with Cena, but lets face it, they were both fairly awful in the ring. They don't need two guys who were watered down, less talented, less charismatic versions of R-Truth.

What they should have done is turn Teddy Long racist heel again (remember how awesome he was? Cracker Snake, anyone?) and start a black heel group with Shad, Big Zeke, MVP as the leader and maybe R-Truth. Could have been awesome.

The Nation of Domination has already been done