Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose to Main-Event WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Brian Alverez of the Wrestling Observer said he believes 100% Ambrose and Rollins will be the main-event of WrestleMania 35.

The original plan was suppose to be a Shield triple threat with Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins

All this is rumors right now, but how would people feel about Ambrose and Rollins main-eventing WrestleMania?.. I feel it would be a breath of fresh air not having Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or some other part timer in the main-event

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I feel it would be a breath of fresh air not having Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or some other part timer in the main-event
Last 4 main events at wrestlemania:

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins in a Triple Threat match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns in a No Holds Barred match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship

30 was Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, and Batista. Before that we had 3 years of John Cena. They were really going to give Roman a 5th year in a row main eventing wrestlemania!? Not even John Cena had that many years in a row.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm going to ASSUME it'll be the women at this point. Likely Ronda and Charlotte, as rumored before... but everything's all up in the air.
Plus they're going to blow through this so quick.

I'd absolutely love seeing the current day stars in the spotlight. We all would. Most of the fans damn sure would. Especially saying this now with SHAWN MICHAELS RETURNING TO ACTION being the 18th biggest WWE news story right now, right behind "who attacked Aleister Black?"
Maybe a part of me thinks it's best to fantasy book Bryan vs Miz for the main event. I'm not sure who you'd throw against AJ Styles...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
An Ambrose/Rollins main event would be great...even if we have seen this
feud before...simply with the roles reversed.

You guys remember that right? I mean I wasn't even around for it and I
remember it.

While I mean no disrespect to Roman Reigns in his current condition...
ending another Wrestlemania with the crowd not caring would be absolutely
terrible...and the fact it COULD be Ambrose & Rollins in that spot is kind
of bittersweet because I believe both men have had their own careers
stalled by being booked to stand next to Roman in a desperate attempt to
get him cheered.

Personally...I'd like to see Charlotte & Ronda main event a Wrestlemania...
but I will admit I'm biased towards the women & Charlotte in particular.

I'm a total Charlotte fanboy & I can admit that.

A.J Styles having the main event spot would be amazing...hell...honestly...
I'd have Seth win the Royal Rumble & challenge Styles for the World title...
but that's just how my brain works.

Styles vs. Rollins COULD be a 5 star match...and I want to see it before A.J
possibly retires.

Of course knowing the WWE...Vince will panic and give The Undertaker & HBK
the main event spot and we will all cringe as too has-beens try to relive past glories.

Styles vs. Rollins for the World title...
Ronda vs. Charlotte for the RAW women's title...
Ambrose vs. Strowman (Street Fight) for the Universal title...
Becky vs. Asuka for SDL women's title...
Nakamura vs. Joe vs. Bryan for the US title...
The Demon Balor vs. McIntyre for the I.C title...

That is what I'd be booking for Wrestlemania 35...but again...that's just my opinion...
as of the 25th of October 2018.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I feel like Roman makes his triumphant return at the Rumble, wins it, and wins the Shield triple threat main at WM, and people cheer him because of his journey. Not saying whether that's what should or shouldnt happen. It just seems likely. It sorta worked for HHH's return back in what, 02/03?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like Roman makes his triumphant return at the Rumble, wins it, and wins the Shield triple threat main at WM, and people cheer him because of his journey. Not saying whether that's what should or shouldnt happen.
Wouldn't that be like "The Ultimate Manipulation" of the WWE audience?

Like them basically saying:

"You have to cheer for him because he defeated cancer!"

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be like "The Ultimate Manipulation" of the WWE audience?

Like them basically saying:

"You have to cheer for him because he defeated cancer!"
Yes and no. It'd definitely be exploiting the situation for their benefit. But at the same time, it's not like they can bring him back without doing that now that it was announced live on Raw, and is technically already part of the "story" due to the title vacating affecting the entire brand. It's inevitable to happen, so why not use it to better the company and Roman? It sucks, but it's what they have to deal with now

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yes and no. It'd definitely be exploiting the situation for their benefit. But at the same time, it's not like they can bring him back without doing that now that it was announced live on Raw, and is technically already part of the "story" due to the title vacating affecting the entire brand. It's inevitable to happen, so why not use it to better the company and Roman? It sucks, but it's what they have to deal with now
Well...I for one won't be manipulated.

I hope Roman does recover...but I'm
still not supporting him or watching any
of his matches or promos.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Watch it be Brock vs. Drew or something. Brock wants the main event, because being in the main event makes him more valuable later down the track.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I feel like Roman makes his triumphant return at the Rumble, wins it, and wins the Shield triple threat main at WM, and people cheer him because of his journey. Not saying whether that's what should or shouldnt happen. It just seems likely. It sorta worked for HHH's return back in what, 02/03?

There's a good chance Roman won't be around for a couple years.. There's like no chance he'll make it back in time for the Rumble.

People just don't recover from Leukemia in a couple months.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Brian Alverez of the Wrestling Observer said he believes 100% Ambrose and Rollins will be the main-event of WrestleMania 35.

The original plan was suppose to be a Shield triple threat with Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins

All this is rumors right now, but how would people feel about Ambrose and Rollins main-eventing WrestleMania?.. I feel it would be a breath of fresh air not having Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or some other part timer in the main-event
Lol no way.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well...I for one won't be manipulated.

I hope Roman does recover...but I'm
still not supporting him or watching any
of his matches or promos.
I don’t see this one as a manipulation given the fact that Roman had this for 11 years in secret and kept doing his thing. Mad respect for the guy. I don’t like his WWE character, but I have major respect for him now.

He now started to talk about it because he needs to do treatment and can’t do that effectively while having the crazy, busy schedule as champ. Plus, he’s getting older and is now in “veteran” WWE status, which always makes things harder.

The point is that I don’t think this one was to get cheers, rather the guy just came out to tell the truth and wanted to raise awareness for his health issue. That’s it. It doesn’t mean I’m going to cheer for him, but I’m also not going to feel like fans were “manipulated” if they decide to cheer for him now. They’re cheering out of respect. It’s their choice and who cares?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Sheik

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I was talking about this to a friend in my classes who is also a wrestling fan, and for me, this is how I'd book the match.

Braun wins at WWE Blood Money. He holds the title until the Royal Rumble where he will lose it to a certain someone.

Dean has two title matches for the IC title against Seth, one is a draw, other is a narrow loss which is a bit fuzzy. Denied a rematch, costs Seth the title against Drew McIntyre (Drew vs Dolph IC title at Mania).

At the Royal Rumble Dean Ambrose narrowly beats Braun and wins the Universal title, defends it in the Chamber and retains. Seth either wins the Rumble or becomes number one contender after Elimination Chamber.

And would this main event Wrestlemania? It'd be hard to say. If I was WWE I'd gague the crowd reactions to Rousey and Flair and whatever the WWE Title match is and see which one the fans want most as the main event. I'd love the women to main event, but I would still rather it be earned out of what will garner the best "Wrestlemania ending" and make the crowd go home happy, something that hasn't really happened much over the past few Wrestlemanias, especially considering the words "historic" and "progressive" and "groundbreaking" would be said so much even me, who is fairly liberal, puke with its overuse. Regardless...

MAKE IT FULL TIME ROSTER MEMBERS IN THE MAIN EVENT JEEZUS FACK!

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Seth vs Ambrose should be dragged out all the way to Mania. As for Bryan vs Miz...end that shit right away plz.