• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Seth Rollins Possibly Injured? Confirmed torn MCL and a partially torn meniscus

Dale

Super Moderator
Wade Keller posted an audio update on PWTorch.com with some news on Seth Rollins' injury that he suffered on Monday night during his World Title defense against Jinder Mahal on Monday Night Raw. Keller first broke the news about Rollins' legit injury on Monday night.

Keller said that he doesn't have a lot of information but he shared what he has heard by connecting dots from WWE sources. Keller said, "Connecting some dots, I am thinking it's not good news but I don't know how bad the news is. The reason for that is, I've asked a bunch of people and some of whom would likely be privy to what's going on who won't comment. I understand there's internal policies on that. But I would think if he was fine and he 'walked it off' [then] we'd be hearing that."

Keller continued, "Now it's possible they're gonna do a story on television because the news of Seth's injury has gone crazy. I don't know how many dozens of websites quoted my breaking news story on Monday night but obviously people who are on social media and Reddit know about the fact that he was legitimately hurt and limping backstage and everyone quoted my reports on that. They could be doing a storyline where they're gonna play into that on TV and go from a situation where Seth's knee is not that bad and play it up as if it is as some sort of storyline. So I'm throwing that out there as a caveat to the hunch that I'm getting from colleagues of his and other people in WWE. They either think it's bad news and WWE's gonna probably have Seth announce something on TV...or they're just waiting for more test results to get something more definitive. But they want to control the narrative on him at this point because people who know aren't commenting."

Keller continued, "I just think people who do know would go 'Oh he's fine, it's no big deal, blown out of proportion' if that was the case. This is my long winded way of saying I don't know but I'm passing along transparently [from] one of the wrestlers who was around him Monday night after Raw [and] just said, 'I don't think it's good. My gut says injury. Maybe he'll work through it, he's tough.' Another colleague of his said that he thought Seth, because of his history of injuries, would have had a good idea if he should finish a match with the injury and if he should be walking on it backstage. Because he finished the match and because he was able to walk on it, that it might be one of those situations where he just needs to rest it for a few weeks. But even that wrestler wasn't ruling out that it could be worse."

If Rollins needs surgery then it means he would miss WrestleMania. Rollins vs. CM Punk seems to be the plan for Mania at this point and obviously, that would have to be changed if he's not able to wrestle on the show. But again, there's no official word yet on the severity of his injury.

If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit PWTorchVIP.com with a h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription. Quotes were transcribed by Jim for WrestlingNews.co.​

ETE

Seriously, why aren't we all just dirt sheet writers?

Anyone can do it, make something up, never confirm anything, always leave an out for when what you 'report' is untrue. And people pay to hear wishy washy opinions like "its not good but i dont know how bad it is" that sentence means nothing. Thats word salad that Kamala Harris would be proud of.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
why do people not understand how journalism work lol - they only get the information they are given and they never claim to know everything, in an industry where lying is rampant.

ANYWAYS witrh that out of the way

That fucking sucks, I hope he's ok but it's sounding like bad news. I will stay positive and hopeful until we know more

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
yeah it was a few hundred words to say "I don't know anything new" but that's not a problem that's how being an insider works.

I hope he's okay. I also hope that if he isn't OK he still shows up on Monday and they do a cash-in on him so that his reign has an actual end, instead of vacating.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
yeah it was a few hundred words to say "I don't know anything new" but that's not a problem that's how being an insider works.

I hope he's okay. I also hope that if he isn't OK he still shows up on Monday and they do a cash-in on him so that his reign has an actual end, instead of vacating.
I think even that's reducing the article to one phrase. there's even a quote saying he talked to a wrestler who said "it didn't look good". he's being transparent about what he knows and doesn't know. On top of that, I would add that stating that they were expecting news on the injury yesterday or today and not getting it is an update of it's own. I can appreciate them covering their bases too because of how people have went ballistic on twitter since the sheets got Punk got "wrong" (even though it's more a case of WWE making things happen last minute and being excellent at keeping it on the DL.)

but i digress, I still get what you are saying. A lot of times we get some updates that you could be "why yes I also watched the television show this week" and we chuckle

Cwalker

End of the day, I hope whatever injury he has isn’t too serious.

If it’s minor, maybe just skip a defense at the Rumble. Allow him time to heal.

If it’s major, adjust accordingly. This is where having the briefcase comes in handy. For unfortunate situations like this. Come back to Punk/Seth at a later date if necessary. Let Priest run with the ball for a bit.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
End of the day, I hope whatever injury he has isn’t too serious.

If it’s minor, maybe just skip a defense at the Rumble. Allow him time to heal.

If it’s major, adjust accordingly. This is where having the briefcase comes in handy. For unfortunate situations like this. Come back to Punk/Seth at a later date if necessary. Let Priest run with the ball for a bit.
Easy solution is to have Priest cash in on Seth, Punk challenges Priest, wins at Mania, and Seth/Punk can easily be the story of how Seth wants his title back against the man he hates more than anyone.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
If there's any doubt over whether he'll make Mania, PLEASE just get the title off him somehow. No interim stuff, no injured champions sitting on the belt.

Dale

Super Moderator
Chances are he wasn't even gonna be defending at the Rumble anyway was he? They've got loads of time to diagnose it and then move forward in whatever direction necessary.

Cwalker

I don’t think you have to worry about an interim Champion.

If he’s gonna be out long term, it’ll more than likely be a Priest cash-in or him vacating the belt