Seth Rollins' overness

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I suppose this thread will be a two part thread.

Stage one : Is Seth as over a heel as he should be at this stage? Currently this is a big no from me, he's getting near silence when he's coming out it seems, this gets better during his promos but he can't get that initial reaction others can.

Stage two : How would you improve his overness? Let's try and keep it relatively realistic here, how would you run with his character development? How would you build the universe around him?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
His initial heat has def diminished, and a major factor I think is that so much time has passed since he killed off the Shield, people don't really remember him for that anymore. And he's not given that much new dastardly material, not even stealing the belt from Brock got him heat since fans already wanted him to have the belt and there was the part of the fanbase that did not want Roman to have it. Add to that that he has a moveset and a little bit of a character that fans do want to cheer and it might be time to start transitioning him into a face.

So either I would make him do more dastardly things that would generate more heat, or I would start the slow transition into a confident babyface champion and pit him against the authority.

Reactions: seabs

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
They've been laying the groundwork for the turn. I think Seth is going to take a fucking beating from Brock, lose his belt and have a natural turn where people sympathize with him for getting his ass whooped but fighting Brock 1 on 1 and putting up a helluva fight.

At least that is what I've gathered based on the 25 minutes of WWE I've watched over the past couple of months.

Reactions: Stopspot

Stopspot

Reaction score
They've been laying the groundwork for the turn. I think Seth is going to take a fucking beating from Brock, lose his belt and have a natural turn where people sympathize with him for getting his ass whooped but fighting Brock 1 on 1 and putting up a helluva fight.

At least that is what I've gathered based on the 25 minutes of WWE I've watched over the past couple of months.
Either that or he somehow through some stroke of luck makes it through Brock, only to have Hunter come out with the great white briefcase wanker. Cashing in on a beat up Seth.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Either that or he somehow through some stroke of luck makes it through Brock, only to have Hunter come out with the great white briefcase wanker. Cashing in on a beat up Seth.
Meh. I think if Seth loses 1 on 1 and Brock shows him a sign of respect (not a handshake, too much for Brock, probably just a look of like "damn, you're tougher than I imagined dude" would work) and then HHH comes down and beats the fuck out of Rollins to cement the face turn most effectively.

I forget about Sheamus. I don't mind his current run, but the thought of him winning the main prize sort of puts a wet blanket on this push for me. Too much. He just doesn't need to be at the very top of the card.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Meh. I think if Seth loses 1 on 1 and Brock shows him a sign of respect (not a handshake, too much for Brock, probably just a look of like "damn, you're tougher than I imagined dude" would work) and then HHH comes down and beats the fuck out of Rollins to cement the face turn most effectively.

I forget about Sheamus. I don't mind his current run, but the thought of him winning the main prize sort of puts a wet blanket on this push for me. Too much. He just doesn't need to be at the very top of the card.
The idea with Hunter does sound very tempting. Another idea could be that post Seth sneaking a win (roll up), Brock goes bananas and lays Seth out post match and laying out refs and staff (writing Brock off until he is needed again). Sheamus comes out, but Seth somehow evades the cash in. Sets Sheamus up as a heel chasing Seth and allows it to be spun either way, either into Hunter or into Sheamus w/ Hunter.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The idea with Hunter does sound very tempting. Another idea could be that post Seth sneaking a win (roll up), Brock goes bananas and lays Seth out post match and laying out refs and staff (writing Brock off until he is needed again). Sheamus comes out, but Seth somehow evades the cash in. Sets Sheamus up as a heel chasing Seth and allows it to be spun either way, either into Hunter or into Sheamus w/ Hunter.
The thought of Brock losing by roll up makes me get a reverse boner so quick.

When is Battleground btw? This is the first match I've really been looking forward to since Brock's Mania match.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The thought of Brock losing by roll up makes me get a reverse boner so quick.

When is Battleground btw? This is the first match I've really been looking forward to since Brock's Mania match.
4 weeks if I remember right. Brock is murdering Kofi live on the network on Saturday tho

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
well that doesn't sound like a massive waste of everyone's time

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
well that doesn't sound like a massive waste of everyone's time
It has potential for some cool spots IMO. Kofi can bump really well and is athletic enough to pull it off,plus they'll be some New Day shenanigans. I'd imagine Brock requested to work Japan also so you couldn't put him in a big match on a network house show at 5 in the morning.

Bálor vs Steen is happening on the card too (not sure if you've heard or not)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I honestly don't even know what the fuck we are talking about. WWE is airing some Japanese house show on the network? lol

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yep.

The WWE Network has updated their schedule for this weekend, and they have listed the showtimes and synopsis for the highly anticipated ‘Beast in the East’ live special. The show will air live from Japan at 5:30AM ET this Saturday and will of course be immediately available for on-demand viewing from that point on.

Live from Tokyo, Japan, Brock Lesnar returns to the ring against Kofi Kingston. Finn Balor challenges Kevin Owens for the NXT Championship!

Replays will be airing on the Network at 2:00PM, 8:00PM and 11:00PM ET on Saturday.Wrestlezone will have complete and exclusive live coverage of the early morning (late night for west coast fans) broadcast, and our discussion page will be up one hour prior to the start of the show.

‘Beast in the East’ is scheduled for a two-hour block. Finn Balor challenging Kevin Owens for the NXT title is the expected main event, with Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston as the semi-main. Chris Jericho will face Neville, and U.S. Champion John Cena teams with Dolph Ziggler against King Barrett and Kane.

http://www.wwe.com/news/592335-wwe-...he-east-replay-times-wz-live-coverage-details

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yup. WWE decided to upgrade a house show in Tokyo to a live special, bring in Brock since he apparently wanted to work a match in Japan or something (I can't see another reason for him agreeing to it outside of massive amounts of money) and decided to bring Balor along since he is a legitimate draw in Japan as well.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Brock vs Kofi is such a waste. You have a once-off event like this, meaning you could pair him with anybody and not have to worry about who on the roster is 'viable' to face Brock.. and you give it to Kofi.

Ziggler or Cesaro vs Brock would have been mint. Fuck Kofi

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah, the use of Kofi is the head scratching thing. My guess is since Kofi and Rollins are sorta similar in moves with Kofi being a bit more bouncy bouncy they are using Kofi as the warm up/crash test dummy for Battleground