Seth Rollins' first Universal title feud revealed and it sounds epic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BurnITDown

Jobber
Reaction score
What's the story?
The WWE finally has a full-time Universal Champion. Isn't that refreshingly good?

It's just the beginning though, as Seth Rollins' first feud for the title will determine the success of his reign. As revealed by Dave Meltzer, the Beast Slayer is expected to square of against Drew McIntyre in the coming weeks.

In case you didn't know...
The recently concluded WrestleMania 35 began in surprising fashion as Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar in two minutes and thirty seconds to the Universal Championship for the first time in his career.

A low blow and three curb stomps were all it took for Rollins to be officially anointed as the Beast Slayer.

Rollins walked into Raw as the champion of the Universe and was confronted by the new WWE Champion, Kofi Kingston. A Winner Takes All match was booked between the two babyfaces which ended in a DQ after The Bar interrupted the proceedings.

Rollins and Kofi then teamed up to take on Sheamus and Cesaro in an impromptu tag team match on the main event of the fallout episode for WrestleMania 35.

The babyfaces won and celebrated their victory to end the show. Rollins would stay back in the ring after the show went off the air and would have a heartwarming farewell segment for Dean Ambrose along with Roman Reigns.

Read more...

Last edited by a moderator:

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Thought I read Drew was hurt. Who is plan B?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
sounds good to me, I hope they gel well together because now it's really do or die for both of them. I kinda expected them to go the Reigns/Rollins route but then again, they might wanna keep that for some other time with more build up

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Who's the Top Heel on Raw now? Drew is the biggest threat you could argue Lashley dominating Ambrose on his way out of the company and Baron is Midcard for life seeing as though he gained nothing but bragging rights beating Kurt at WM.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Seth vs Drew sounds likes it would be a good match on paper, but in actually once you factor in the promos and some other things. It may go from being pretty/really good to mediocre or bland.

Reactions: Kasumi

Kasumi

Reaction score
Seth vs Drew sounds likes it would be a good match on paper, but in actually once you factor in the promos and some other things. It may go from being pretty/really good to mediocre or bland.
Smart guy!
I would like to see the in ring action, though

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think it's too early for Drew. He just came off a loss, wouldn't make as much sense.
I'd say Seth should have some filler feud and Drew should just win during SS.

Reactions: Crash

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I was afraid of this with another full-timer with the belt.
Match should be a lot of fun, but we've seen it already.

Also who wins? Drew doesn't need a high-profile L right now.
Even if you can argue he's only losing to the top-tier WWE guys, that just tells us he's not one, and that's not where you want to be.

Kasumi

Reaction score
Put 3MB back together.
Taunt Rollins that he has no back up because The Shield is no more.
Have 3MB interfere in some of his matches and kick the crap out of him.
He is sick of it and challenges each member to fight for the Title.
He trashes Slater for 15 minutes and gets the W.
He fights Jinder and wins in a good match.
Then takes on Drew 2 out of 3 falls.
Epic match and he retains.
Stipulation of this whole thing is if Rollins wins every match 3 MB turns face and joins Rollins in a new Face Faction!