• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Seth Rogen And Kevin Hart To Star Together In Buddy Cop Comedy

Kellie

kevin_hart_30038.jpg

You may not immediately connect them together in your head, but Seth Rogen and Kevin Hart actually have a fairly long history together. While they have possibly never shared the screen together, Hart appeared in three episodes of the television series Undeclared, which Rogen was a regular on; had a cameo in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, which Rogen co-starred in; and had a role in Drillbit Taylor, which Rogen co-wrote. Finally, after over a decade of being part of the same circles, they're finally being brought together.

Rodney Rothman, who worked as a writer and producer on Undeclared, is currently scripting an "untitled police comedy" and both Rogen and Hart are attached to star, according to Variety. The trade says that the movie is already playing with tropes in the pre-production stage, as it's being pitched as the "first interracial police pairing in law enforcement history." Rothman has been developing the idea for a while now and apparently asked Rogen to star personally. This won't be the first time that the Knocked Up star will be an authority figure, as he previously played a cop in Superbad and a security guard in Observe and Report. In addition to Undeclared, Rothman has also worked with Hart in the feature film world as the comedian has a role in this summer's The Five-Year Engagement (which Rothman produced).

My real hope here is that this is going to be similar to the Shane Black movies of the 80s and 90s (Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy Scout, etc.) and won't be a send up of it. Rogen and Hart have very different comedic styles, so it will be interesting to see how they play off each other as partners. I expect hilarity.

cinemablend

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Because I like Kevin Hart, I would watch this. I'm not to excited about seeing Rogen play the same character again though.

Swinny

What else new and interesting can they really do in the buddy cop genre? These two could be good together, but I just don't know what else is left in this genre. And "first interracial police pairing in law enforcement history." lolz.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I love Kevin Hart, and I can stand Seth most of the time, so I'm interested. I don't know if Seth's style will really be the tempo Kevin usually works at, because Seth generally relies on awkward, slow-delivered jokes/comedy, but I'll withold judgment until I've seen the movie.