• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Velveteen Dream will be drafted to the main roster during the draft. You know what happens then.. a bunch of local jobbers will be fed to him week after week for a few straight weeks... Points!

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
I will also add that I think @DualShock is strong competition in having a strong team. Nikki has scored a lot of pins this year, and has won/defended the tag titles with Bliss. I don't see this changing any time soon. He has the strongest booked Smackdown star this year in Kofi. And even though he is face-heavy atm, The Miz could turn heel again to refresh his character.
That was actually the reason for my picks, it seems like these people will receive the best booking IMO at least for the rest of the year, didn't care too much if they're faces or heels. That's why I have chosen Nilki instead of Dolph, something tells me he would leave WWE for a while to do his comedy shows again.
Although the Fiend and Brock are dream picks I'm afraid they will not wrestle very often for the rest of the year and will not bring in too much points.

Reactions: bullyballmm

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Velveteen Dream will be drafted to the main roster during the draft. You know what happens then.. a bunch of local jobbers will be fed to him week after week for a few straight weeks... Points!
Or..if you think like Vince, you'll realise that the second he goes to the main roster, he will suffer the same fate as this man.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Like my War Viking Raider Machine Experience duo. Gonna be picking up 6 pts weekly, if not more as I feel like they'll be picking up those tag titles soon after the draft

Reactions: bullyballmm

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion for season 2?

You could pre-rank the wrestlers and draft according to categories to ensure everyone gets a little bit of everything. Similar to Pokemon usage-based tier system and how they draft them for tournaments.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
This isn't like Pokemon battling at all. Having a team of 6 Arceus isn't a risk. Picking all "uber" wrestlers could be a risk as they will likely face off against each other in world title matches/big programs. So there is a risk. Whereas on the other hand diversifying your roster to include main eventers, midcarders, tag team competitors, even undercard men/women could be the more "uber" strategy.

I think it is better if people have the choice to determine what is the riskier strategy, and have the freedom to choose whoever they want as long as it is their turn and the wrestler hasn't already been picked.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I was saying that because there is a reason for Pokemon tiers - a Magikarp would never beat a Gyarados (well maybe if the former was Lv. 100 Max EVs with a good Nature while the latter was the opposite).

There is no need to bring in tiers and force them upon our already limited number of choices. A jobber like Curt Hawkins could go on a winning streak against other jobbers over a few months whilst at the same time an upper mid-carder like Samoa Joe could lose a bunch of matches, some of them being title matches.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion for season 2?

You could pre-rank the wrestlers and draft according to categories to ensure everyone gets a little bit of everything. Similar to Pokemon usage-based tier system and how they draft them for tournaments.
I feel like that's good in theory, but harder in practice. Doing it the way that was done this time works rather well, as like Base stated, everyone has freedom over their strategy. It's not like WWE is exactly shallow in the roster pool. Even after 55 picks made, there's still main eventers as free agents. My suggestion would be to the participants, to make better utilization of the lists