#SDLive Thread, Jan 3: Don’t miss AJ Styles and John Cena’s WWE Title Match contract signing tonight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't know why either side is making this comparison. Situation isn't even remotely the same.

People thought Sasha should keep the title: she lost

People thought Miz should keep the title: he lost

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
People thought Sasha should keep the title: she lost

People thought Miz should keep the title: he lost
If Sasha simply losing was the reason you were upset, you're as big of a mark as they said you were.

Sasha Banks lost twice to Bayley in NXT and not only was I proud of those matches, I believed in that division.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Just watched Smackdown for the first time in a long while. Got to say I was very impressed with the whole show, the AJ/Cena contract signing was great and I really like the look of Baron Corbin. I've always preferred Ziggler as a heel so him potentially turning heel would be great for his character.

However, I may be a little bit bias here due to how much I like the Miz but does anybody else think it's the wrong decision to take the title from him? From what I've read, the general consensus seemed to be that Miz made the IC Title feel actually important and it was treated as more than just a prop. It seems strange that WWE have finally got somebody to make the IC Title look important and then just stopped that.
WWE may have realized Miz is ready for bigger angles. I'm going to wait to see what WWE does with him.

I think Ziggler has some potential to turn his luck around as a heel. We'll see how that goes.

Glad to see you around these parts again. Stick around.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If Sasha simply losing was the reason you were upset, you're as big of a mark as they said you were.

Sasha Banks lost twice to Bayley in NXT and not only was I proud of those matches, I believed in that division.

The reason people were upset doesn't matter. Sasha was cause she deserved a long run while Miz was cause he made it relevant. I thought both those things you know that but the situation isn't all that different.

Drew

Reaction score
The Sasha comparison isn't right because they were playing hot potato with the damn belt for them.

Miz has had the title and made it look good.

I'm hoping this just pushes him up a bit. The first time he was main event it was too soon, and let's face it the company wasn't great then and you had to have Rock/Cena to really pump it up.

Mis is maybe the best heel on the roster and having him in the main event scene is good for everyone now.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't even like this main event player nonsense. To WWE's credit they've made the midcard titles mean something again.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
i wouldn't know cause I'd be dead

You don't understand bein' a man of your word then. You'd probably weasel out of a simple sig bet.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler