• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
My other computer has had its screen resolution set a 640 X 480 for ages now and theres nothing i can do about it it won't let me change it, and i was wondering if there was anybody who could help me out who has had this problem before.

Wrestling Station

i think it was set to apply and you dont have another setting.
You can re-install the VGA or monitor setting. You can either search the file setup through the net, or use the CD provided when you bought the VGA card.

Wrestling Station

first of all, go to start, run--> then just type dxdiag

search for the type and name of VGA. copy the name then just go to google.com paste the whole name/type and from there search for the file to download it.

Or another way, search it through Limewire.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
first of all, go to start, run--> then just type dxdiag

search for the type and name of VGA. copy the name then just go to google.com paste the whole name/type and from there search for the file to download it.

Or another way, search it through Limewire.

I don't have the internet on it though because it won't let me install it because of the resolution being to big :(

Wrestling Station

take a screen shot of the vga and a screen shot of the problem.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Whats the "VGA" and the problem is that the screen resolution is set at 640 x 480 it won't let it change. Iam abit computer illiterate.

Wrestling Station

thats why im telling you take a screenshot!!!!

Im trying to help you here!! lol!
i need to know the name/type of vga, so i will try to find it for you T_T

and for the problem, u need to re-install it (overwrite the file).

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
I don't have the Internet on it though, so i can't post a screen shot, is there anyother way that doesn't involve the net?

Wrestling Station

^^ ??? did u really understood what i was trying to explain? :(

just type dxdiag in the run command, then go to the display and take a screen shot... upload the image to imageshake, photobucket, tinypic.. whatever!! T_T

if you dont have internet, save it on a flash memory or CD. that a hint! lol

the dark knight

if your VGA sucks that bad, you cant change it without replacing the whole card.

Wrestling Station

^^ ??? did u really understood what i was trying to explain? :(

just type dxdiag in the run command, then go to the display and take a screen shot... upload the image to imageshake, photobucket, tinypic.. whatever!! T_T

if you dont have internet, save it on a flash memory or CD. that a hint! lol

You should click on "Display" as i mentioned earlier, this screenshot is useless :( take a screen shoot of the Display then we can talk.

Wrestling Station

wow!! you got serious problem there!! damn!
Its not stating the type/ name coz its not even identified on your computer!!

You can try the following..
1- Buy a commercial Video/ display card or also called VGA. plug it and run installation.

or/
2- go to system and check for hardware for the display, if its there and has a red x on it, try find the driver by double clicking on it. Then follow the instructions.

If number 2 doesnt work then you have no other chance but to buy a new hardware for the VGA. :(