Scream 5 on its way after all? *Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=28275

This is good news, as I felt Scream 4 was surprisingly good, and I'm not the only one here who felt that way. Now, the possibility of another sequel seemed bleak due to the comme-ci, comme-ça Box Office performance of S4. I guess for a sequel of a franchise that was long thought dead for over a decade, the B.O. expectations were perhaps a bit unreasonably high for some people. (I think the film is doing just fine, considering the circumstances). Maybe the positive word-of-mouth for Scream 4 will help the performance of the sequel at the box office...We'll see :)

Your thoughts?

Jen Lindley

Re: Scream 5 on its way after all?

I am okay with it as long as it is a good story. I just hope they don't go for putting so many stars like this time.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

That is what the Scream series is all about. Putting a bunch of up and coming stars in cameo appearances and I love that about them.

I'm not upset about this, but I am not sure where they are going to go with it since they killed off all the kids in the last one. If they are going to do it though they need to do it quick after the domestic box office was under $40 million. Although it is going to close in on $100 million worldwide and probably $50 million in DVD and BluRay.

They need to cash in right away.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

That is what the Scream series is all about. Putting a bunch of up and coming stars in cameo appearances and I love that about them.

I'm not upset about this, but I am not sure where they are going to go with it since they killed off all the kids in the last one. If they are going to do it though they need to do it quick after the domestic box office was under $40 million. Although it is going to close in on $100 million worldwide and probably $50 million in DVD and BluRay.

They need to cash in right away.
This.

One of the main things I love about Scream is their casts. Scre4m having Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Hayden Panettiere, Rory Culkin and Emma Roberts is one of the many reasons I loved it.

I also agree they need to strike while the iron is hot. Kevin needs to bang out a script while TVD is on hiatus. most IMPORTANTLY THOUGH, they need to cut the budget to a more reasonable $25 mill IMO.

I think Scream 5 could be great if they build off Scre4m. Not sure how'll they'll do that with the S4 re-writes that killed off all said characters but I'm sure Kevin can do it.

Jen Lindley

It is said that there may be a possibility
Kirby is still alive

I don't mind them focusing on stars but it seemed like they had way to many characters in this one luckily Kevin is a good writer and made it work.

I am kind of mad for the fact of I was looking forward to
Emma Roberts as the new Sidney type but then again her role in this one was amazing so in the end it is all good.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

I think the only logical way to end this franchise is for Sidney to start killing. You don't know if you're going to get Courtney Cox or David Arquette back, so it can open with the usual random kills, then cut to a news feed saying Dewey and Gail have been murdered. They can go classic, no need to try to one up anything.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

It is said that there may be a possibility
Kirby is still alive

I don't mind them focusing on stars but it seemed like they had way to many characters in this one luckily Kevin is a good writer and made it work.

I am kind of mad for the fact of I was looking forward to
Emma Roberts as the new Sidney type but then again her role in this one was amazing so in the end it is all good.
Same. I would loved seeing Emma be the new heroin of Scream for a new trilogy. *Sigh*

But I am extremely pleased with her character as is. My FAVORITE killer of all time!

As for Kirby.... I'd rather someone else be still alive if ya catch my drift ;)

I think the only logical way to end this franchise is for Sidney to start killing. You don't know if you're going to get Courtney Cox or David Arquette back, so it can open with the usual random kills, then cut to a news feed saying Dewey and Gail have been murdered. They can go classic, no need to try to one up anything.
TBH I'd be completely against her being the killer. It would ruin everything about her character IMHO.

As for closure on the series, I think it's already there TBH. There really isn't anywhere to go from here that connects to the original source of all the killers motives, Maureen Prescott. At this point it may just get over the top silly for why people choose to chase Sidney Prescott and kill people.

I honestly think they need to go in a NEW direction entirely and focus on a new cast of characters with an ENTIRELY NEW story backdrop for why the killers are killing. No Sidney. No Gail. No Dewey. No Woodsboro.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

That could be another way to go. I actually like that idea. Different town, different characters and it could still go back to talking about Gail, Sidney and Dewey and the Stab movies.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

That could be another way to go. I actually like that idea. Different town, different characters and it could still go back to talking about Gail, Sidney and Dewey and the Stab movies.
Exactly. The killers could use the Stab films as the reason why they don the masks. As long as their motive is a new backdrop. A new event unrelated to Maureen/Woodsboro/Sidney.

I'd also like them to maybe mention Sid's off living her life in peace or how ever they can bring it up. I want to know it's finally over for her.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

One problem I would have though is continuing just to continue. I don't want the quality of the movies to go down, be written by someone else or directed by anyone else. Even if Craven is no longer at the top of his game.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

One problem I would have though is continuing just to continue. I don't want the quality of the movies to go down, be written by someone else or directed by anyone else. Even if Craven is no longer at the top of his game.
I'm most concerned with Williamson writing then I am with Craven directing TBH. We saw what happened to Scream 3 when someone else writes Scream.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Exactly my point of the quality going down.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Williamson needs to take a break from his Vampire Diaries and bang out a QUALITY script. And demand that the studio doesn't fuck it up. I love Scre4m but the studio made re-writes and I know it would have been even better without them. It originally lead to a new trilogy that isn't possible now.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Yeah. I hated that aspect of it. And the fact that there was no reason to kill Jill.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Yeah. I hated that aspect of it. And the fact that there was no reason to kill Jill.
No reason at all. Jill was the highlight and should been used a new main character for the new trilogy. Either as the 'new Sid' or a new mastermind/killer.

BTW in my mind, she's still alive. She received the least definitive death in the series. One shot in the center of he chest. No head shots or multiple shots to the chest. She's alive :nodsmile: