Scream (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I know that they toyed with the idea of bringing him back for Scream 3. Which, no matter how ridiculous, probably would have been a better ending than the one that we got.

But I’m just not sure it’s the right direction to go, just because a lot of the fans want it to happen.

I did rewatch the film on Sunday and I’m still mad about that hospital scene with Dewey. It was like the ending to Scream 4, where the hospital was completely deserted. That wouldn’t happen in basically any country in the world.

True especially if the Hospital has multiple levels to it. I remember in Halloween 2 one of the Nurses were talking about the Ward they keep the Babies just being born and I think back to when the Hospital got caught on fire after the explosion. I always thought what happened to those kids.

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
True especially if the Hospital has multiple levels to it. I remember in Halloween 2 one of the Nurses were talking about the Ward they keep the Babies just being born and I think back to when the Hospital got caught on fire after the explosion. I always thought what happened to those kids.
Do you know what? As much as I like Halloween II. I’ve never actually thought about that until literally just now.
Damn, that’s dark.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Do you know what? As much as I like Halloween II. I’ve never actually thought about that until literally just now.
Damn, that’s dark.

Check this out from the Halloween Series Wiki on Nurse Karen the one who shows up late.

When she finally arrived at the hospital, security guard Bernard Garrett buzzed her in, which inadvertently allowed escaped mental patient Michael Myers to enter the hospital's back door without being caught. Later, head nurse Virginia Alves admonished Karen for being late again, reminding her that the babies in the maternity ward depended on her being on time. Karen tried to apologize, but Mrs. Alves refused to hear excuses and warned that Karen would lose her job if she proved unreliable. Later in the night, Karen was working when she heard a buzzer go off in a patient's room. She came into the room and discovered that no one was there. As she got closer to the bed, it turned out to be Budd who had the buzzer go off and he scared Karen. Budd and Karen snuck off to spend some quality time together in the hospital's hydrotherapy tub.

The Head Nurse tells her you need to be on time to take care of the babies here how many babies were there at the time? John Carpenter can I interview you for having that put into the Film and forgetting to tie that up. He would of probably of said oh the babies were fine the fire and explosion didn't injure any of the children.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Paramount Home Entertainment has announced today that Scream is getting a digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD release. The acclaimed sequel to Scream 4 will make its way to our screens on digital format as early as tomorrow, and the physical copies hit shelves in early April. Once again, the story centers around Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell), 25 years after Ghostface’s killing spree in Woodsboro. The city inhabitants get shocked when another Ghostface appears and starts killing victims who are somehow connected to the first murders committed by the famous serial killer.

The 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD editions are set to come gushing with to-die-for bonus content. In addition, fans of the Scream franchise will also be able to own a special two-movie collection that features the original 1996 Scream and the 2022 movie.

The special editions for the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD editions include commentary from the duo of directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillet, and from screenwriters James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick. The bonus content also features interviews with the original trio of survivors from 1996’s Scream: Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette, as well as a tribute to horror master Wes Craven, who directed all previous installments from the franchise and died in 2015.

Check out the full list of bonus features below:

Filmmaker Commentary — The directors, writers and filmmakers reveal the unwritten rules for surviving this genre-busting horror movie.
Bloodlines — Catch up with Scream stars Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, and David Arquette for a deep dive into their characters and why they came back for a fresh stab at their favorite horror franchise.
New Blood — Meet the new generation of Woodsboro victims and potential killers!
In the Shadow of the Master — The cast honor movie maestro Wes Craven and look back on his incredible legacy as the director who redefined horror.
Deleted Scenes — Look out! They're back from the dead: see the scenes slashed from the movie.
Scream was well-received by critics and the general public alike, and is widely considered one of the best entries in the series. It grossed $135 million against a $24 million budget, and it’s currently one of the highest-grossing films of 2022. The cast also features Melissa Barrera, Mason Gooding, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, Marley Shelton, Dylan Minnette, Kyle Gallner, and Skeet Ulrich.

Scream arrives for purchase on digital on March 1. Paramount Home Entertainment releases the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD editions on April 5.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Check this out from the Halloween Series Wiki on Nurse Karen the one who shows up late.

The Head Nurse tells her you need to be on time to take care of the babies here how many babies were there at the time? John Carpenter can I interview you for having that put into the Film and forgetting to tie that up. He would of probably of said oh the babies were fine the fire and explosion didn't injure any of the children.
I do remember the line but never really thought about it like that till you mentioned it.
I now want a scene in a movie, akin to the Death Star scene in Clerks, with two characters discussing this. :lol

• Haha

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I may just end up buying it on Digital myself, I haven't decided yet. I thought I'd wait until it hit home release to watch it. Surprisingly I managed to avoid spoilers so far, I didn't read anything above what I posted :lol

TeaDrinkingLimey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Shit, dude.
I went to post a spoiler in my post above yours but thought better of it. I’ll definitely keep quiet now. :lol

• Haha
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Shit, dude.
I went to post a spoiler in my post above yours but thought better of it. I’ll definitely keep quiet now. :lol
Oh no, you're good. I won't be checking this thread again until after I've watched it. :becky2 Which will be when it's available to watch, as it still is a digital pre-order over here in the UK at the moment. Not sure why. :hmm:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
My favourite Scream movie since the original. Thought it was a really nice modern flair on a formula that works, and they pulled it off better than Scream 4. Although I do feel 4 had the better killer reveal. I got thoughts below:

Just finished watching, and I loved it. Appreciated all the little references to the past characters in the Scream series, and very much enjoyed the emphasis on connections between past & present characters in this one. Especially the Billy Loomis stuff, that popped me with the cameos. Which I was not expecting. Opening was amazing, and Jenna Ortega had some of the best acting I've seen since Drew Barrymore's killer opening from the first movie. Thought it was a cool twist to have her survive the initial attack, as well. Some of the kills were great too, and I liked how some were literally in broad daylight. Totally unexpected for me. The scene about 50 minutes in where the Wes kid is opening and closing all the doors in his house, and you keep expecting Ghosface to pop up behind them. The way they did that scene was excellent leading up to his eventual demise.

David Arquette's return to Dewey was great. He did a good job, but man, they did my boy dirty. That death scene got me shouting at the screen, like a lot. When he walked away for a brief moment to the elevator, and didn't just finish Ghostface off there & then. I knew it would go south for him. Fuck. Loved how well-acted his scenes were though, I'm just so gutted after growing up with that character. Damn. The Dewey & Gale scenes were great as well, and I imagine it's helped by their real life emotions playing in to it too with their off-screen relationship in the past. I figured they'd have to kill off a big character though to leave Sidney like no choice but to come back to Woodsboro. That makes plenty of sense to me.

I liked some of the modern touches with the kills, like the guy following the 'Find Me App'. That dude got me shouting too at the screen. These characters were their own worst enemy at times with the technology.

I LOVED them going back to the Stu Macher house and recreating the Randy scene from the original among others. Amazing. Seeing Sidney back there too gave me goosebumps. This movie had a lot of fan service, and I was here for it. I do wish the killer reveal was a bit more of a shocker though, Amber and Richie were super suspect. I called Amber for sure. Holy shit at that Amber death scene though, gun shot in to the fire. That was pretty damn awesome. Sam went crazy on Richie too. Final act was fun. Both the death scenes of the killers were amazingly well-done.

Last but not least, I can't believe Dead Meat made a fucking cameo in this movie talking shit about the Stab movies. That was so tight after watching their videos on YouTube for so long.

Solid 8/10, and a very pleasant slasher experience. I'll definitely give it another watch sometime.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I watched this a few nights ago on Paramount plus and it was definitely one of the better slasher reboots or “requels” that’s come out lately. It had the same vibe as the original and I liked all of the callbacks to the original, as well as the other films.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I watched this a few nights ago on Paramount plus and it was definitely one of the better slasher reboots or “requels” that’s come out lately. It had the same vibe as the original and I liked all of the callbacks to the original, as well as the other films.
Some of the death scenes were brutal, too. I always thought they did a good job making sure the kills have a lot of impact. I can't give them enough credit for the sound especially. Like, you really feel it when characters die in these films. I agree with you on the vibe, I think they nailed it better than Scream 4 did. Which is surprising, as I was not expecting that without Craven's direction in all honesty.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
End the franchise.

No Sidney, no Scream.....bad enough they made the last one without Wes Craven.

Not to mention the last one was hot garbage.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Welp I thought this Scream was pretty good and now hearing no Neve in the next Film you might as well wrap it up. I had my interest extremely high after this Film and now it's gone to 3 outta 10.