Scotty Goldman & Ryan Braddock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Otherwise known as the imfamous Colt Cabana and im pretty sure thats Jay Bradley from OVW. (correct me if im wrong) Two OVW standouts, that got their shot on Smackdown.

Thoughts? I thought Goldman's debut wasn't too bad. A little mic time. Actually had a splattering of lets go scotty chants. Did a small dose of the cabana wrestling style. Ryan Braddock pretty much got squashed. It would have been nice to see these guys get a win in their debuts but maybe it will take a little time.

Soulpower

Braddock kind of looked like Robert Roode. He seemed fairly generic, granted, it was a squash match.

Goldman came across simply as Colt Cabana under a different name. He had a nice little promo that showed he'll probably retain his usual whacky persona. My hope is that he'll re-debut on ECW (WHICH IS IN HIS HOME STATE OF ILLINOIS!!) under a different name. Similar to what happened with Sydal/Bourne not that long ago.

The Rated R CMStar

I think that Scotty Goldman will be staying as a permanent in the roster. They already gave him mic time(pretty funny, I'm Scotty Goldman and I'm...in a box). Braddock was just squash, and we'll not see him again.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't think Ryan Braddock is going to do anything important ever in the WWE, I guess he'll go back down to FCW.

Scotty Goldman should stick on the main roster, if he gets more time on the mic in front of the crowd, he'll be way over in a couple of months, even if he doesn't win that many matches.

Moonlight Drive

Scotty was awesome, and I think he'll be on the roster for a while. It was a good promo too like CMS said, considering it was like 20 seconds. The name isn't *awful* but it ain't great.

Airfixx

Missed Goldman/Cabana, but the other guy looked very uninspiring...

I'd guess the very best they'd have for him is to be a dominant bully-boy brawler type in the lower card who ruff's up the cruiserweight types, until a Jeff Hardy or another mid-card baby face kicks his ass... A-a-a-n-n-d then release....

PeepShow

I caught Cabana's small little promo on SD when I was flipping the station during a commercial and I still don't get it. Why did they have to change his name to some generic junk name in Scott Goldman? Seriously. They didn't feel the need to change CM Punk's name, so why change his. I never really understood that.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Having him as Scotty Goldman wasn't really necessary, Colt Cabana or even some of the names he's used as a jobber before were fine. Either they change his name to Colt Cabana or call him "The Modern Day Dave Coulier" (I don't think anyone would get that, but hey.)

umnic

Reaction score
It's all about copyright. Just like Low Ki did, when he changed his name to Senshi.. that way the company doesn't own the rights to the name Low Ki.

I'm sure he was hesitant about joining WWE, and/or his name may still be under contract to ROH.. who knows.

PW's KJ

Reaction score
Actually, it's more the WWE thinking "copyright" then Colt protecting his Indy name.