Scott D'Amore fired as TNA president

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I’m talking about the same thing, too. I’m saying if Tony wanted to he could easily main a PPV imo.

I wouldn’t make him a top 5 main event player I’d build the company on, but in a mick foley occasionally main event and maybe have a short run on top, I can easily see.

Because the thing is, it’s not like after he steps back down, you can’t slide one of those other 15 guys back in.

I was saying this to blaze too but I think that even the upper mid card slot is a lost art form that people don’t do anymore but it was a beautiful mechanic you had your core main event guys then you could have a revolving door of guys you could slide in.

If it was 2019, I wouldn't disagree. He isn't a bad choice, he'd put on a top match. AEW just have an all time roster so would have to be the right feud or probs a tag team feud for it to make sense to me over a lot of other people. If he was on a different roster at a different time, I would probs feel different. I think this just speaks to the depth of the roster (and on a side note, Tony should just let people who really want to go leave)

Edit: stupid typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Now, to be fair with this exact phrase you are using here. I don’t even disagree that much. Like I was saying to Chris, where person position on a roster is all dependent on the talent you have at your disposal. When Matt Tavon was the champion look at the roster or Ring of Honor was working with at the time. I would argue. Taven was the top three player at that point. Even though I wouldn’t say top 15 necessarily in the AEW main event like you were saying, Taven still crushed that TV main event. So he still a great talent and it all just depends on your circumstances.

I also want to say that my level of the hill that I’d be willing to die on changes between Taven and Jeff because I don’t even think Tavon is on the Jeff Jarrett level where I think Jeff Jarrett I think is a bona fide main event player, Taven is a guy I would occasionally slide in the main event.

Slide into a TV main event is fine. I just never enjoyed Jeff Jarrett main event work. He is a "main eventer", he is a 10 time world champion. I just prefer his midcard work if that makes sense.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The funny thing that I think fucked Jeff Jarrett, the most when it comes to retrospectively looking at his career is, I don’t even think the WWE even saw him is just a midcard guy. He was one of their top heels. He moved some of the most Merch under your top guys. And he didn’t win six ic championships in 1999 standards for no reason. He was being groomed for the top, but he got fucked because Stone Cold Steve Austin didn’t wanna work with him over ancient history with his father.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do think EVIL sucking "is the point" to a degree too - it's gonna end up being the same when Finlay wins t he world title eventually

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I do think EVIL sucking "is the point" to a degree too - it's gonna end up being the same when Finlay wins t he world title eventually
When Finlay wins the IWGP championship, I’m gonna be over here throwing a party.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Only part of the War Dogs I don't jive with (though maybe when I finally get to watch Wrestle Kingdom and the War Games match he will change my mind)

The funny thing that I think fucked Jeff Jarrett, the most when it comes to retrospectively looking at his career is, I don’t even think the WWE even saw him is just a midcard guy. He was one of their top heels. He moved some of the most Merch under your top guys. And he didn’t win six ic championships in 1999 standards for no reason. He was being groomed for the top, but he got fucked because Stone Cold Steve Austin didn’t wanna work with him over ancient history with his father.

Honestly if done in a feud with SCA , it might have worked for me. Under Russo bollocks might have had a factor on my viewing on those runs.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
it's gonna happen eventually
Seems that way. He won the never championship and then became the first global champion. New Japan seems like the company that still uses those belts as steppingstones.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
He beat Mox and Ospreay so they are deffo making him a top gajin. Should be sabre tho :krillin2

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Only part of the War Dogs I don't jive with (though maybe when I finally get to watch Wrestle Kingdom and the War Games match he will change my mind)

Honestly if done in a feud with SCA , it might have worked for me. Under Russo bollocks might have had a factor on my viewing on those runs.
While I do like David, I probably would say my favorite part of the war dogs is the Connors and Drilla tag team.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler